Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 251 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 249 250 251 252 253 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 9:27 PM | Locked

Well, I can definitely say that God answers prayers.  Something I have been frustrated about for the last six months is looking like it is going to be resolved - one way or another - in short order.  It has to do with a boy...which I hate admitting...and now that it is out there, I kinda want to throw up.  LOL  It's a long story and I'll tell it in detail after he and I talk in the next week.  I hate giving bits and pieces of the story away without a clear end result.

Anyway, thank you all for the prayers today.  I definitely felt them.  I am in better spirits this evening.  It may help that I ordered my favorite fabric for my niece's quilt today and I should be getting it by Tuesday!!!  

A quick question:  On the mustache quilt, do you think it will look okay as a rag quilt instead of a more traditional quilt?  I hope it will (backing it in black fleece) since those are quicker and I won't have to do applique on a larger piece.  I've never been successful at applique, so I'm just praying this comes out.

Thanks yall!  God bless

Brandy

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Nov 30 2012 11:53 PM | Locked

Well, after a bit of frog quilting, I got my MQ7 rows sewn together so I'm all ready for the next step. I'm going to have to start putting my sewing stuff away, probably this weekend so we can start getting ready for Christmas and the boys from Georgia and my daughter. I have so much to do and not sure I'm up to it, but don't have a choice, keep me in your prayers please.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,835
Points 55,585
Ginny replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 8:28 AM | Locked

Spud,  You will certainly be in my heart and my prayers that your family can come together and blend well without drama and problems.  it is difficult for both you and your daughter with these changes.  Just be glad you are able to be a rock to each other.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,864
Points 181,703
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 8:40 AM | Locked

Brandy, praying for a positive result, God will get you through,  Hugs!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,864
Points 181,703
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 8:41 AM | Locked

Spud, you take it slow and easy, you have my prayers.  Hugs!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 9:34 AM | Locked

Jim put up the Christmas tree, while I sewed, last night. It is the biggest we ever had and so beautiful. It has 700 lights. I spent WAY too much for i,t but, my heart just couldn't leave this one behind. The ornaments still have to go on but that is for tonight.

It dawned a beautiful day. It will be warm and so suuny. A great day to go walk the old square in town, hit the anitque shops and, maybe, add to my Christmas decoration plunder. I would like another wreath. And, some more garland and some......!  HA!

Have a blessed day. I have been in pray as, sometimes I engage my tongue and fingers, on the keyboard, before I think and pray about what I say. And, I am so sorry, when and if, I have hurt any of you. This new Bible study, on the book of Romans, will surely help me to soften. It is an 18 weeks study that requires 30 mins. a day, or more, 7 days a week of Bible study. Very intense. It starts next Weds. Please be in pray for me as I go into His word and learnmore  about Him and His care of  my life..

Have a beautiful day, where ever you are, and what ever the weather.

((((HUGS))))) to all of you.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 10:31 AM | Locked

Argh! It's morning and my daily cuppa just ain't cutting it! Please, have an extra sip of caffiene for me!! Sprout did not sleep last night. Everytime my head hit the pillow he started screaming - not the sort of whimpering that he can settle himself, but really howling. He bucked and bit and scratched while I held him. I never did figure out what was causing his distress, so I wasn't able to help him, and neither of us got much rest. I wore out the carpet walking the floor and singing - the only thing that seemed to make it a little better.  He was up with the sun and full of cheerful grins, so I guess whatever it was has passed. Now I just wanna crawl into bed and sleep, but of course that isn't an option.

Spud, If you PM me an address I'll get some angry birds in the mail to you the next time I run the torch.  I'll warn you tho, it may be a while before I can get to it. It all depends on my free time and the weather.

Today is the Christmas Stroll. They were setting up the nativity scene on the courthouse lawn yesterday while I was in town to pay bills. It looks beautiful under the 50' Spruce with all the colored lights on it. Last year a wind storm did some damage to one of the wisemen, but he has has been carefully repaired and no one who wasn't there would know he had been injured.

The kids are excited. They can hadly wait to get to town and do thier shopping, sip cider by the bonfire and sing carols. This year in addition to firetruck rides with Santa, they are having horse drawl wagon rides. The free-movie is at mid-day, before the stroll officially starts, and I really don't want to go  in early, and try to keep the baby busy for an extra 2 hours so they can see Happy Feet again... I know. I'm a kill joy. Dh will be at work and DD has plans to go off with her friends. I'm just not enough Mom to do it all myself, so we'll have to settle for what I can manage.

I hope everyone has a happy, productive and pain-free day.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,122
Points 252,467
Thea replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 12:01 PM | Locked

CC - I wish I could say today was pain free - I was going to get up early and drive the 4 1/2 hours up to Barbara's but that just wasn't happening today.  We had a slight rain storm come through during the night and it hit my poor body like a sledge hammer.  I hurt everywhere - even my poor hair is screaming today.  My pain meds are just not cutting it - I feel as though i was run over by and 18 wheeler and then he backed up and ran over me again.  I just hurt.  I want to cry - I want to find someplace that will just take the pain away.  It isn't happening.  So I am wrapped up in my electric blankets trying to get the warmth into my bones.  

On top of the achiness they have put the cut Christmas trees out for sale and I am so allergic to them so have a scratchy throat and am coughing - nose is running out of control and my chest hurts.  I am so swollen my large rings are tight - so off they went... 

I put my pain patches on my neck and lower back - hoping just hoping for some relief - nothing yet... and the hands and elbows wrists and shoulders just ache...

So am hoping that the day gets warmer and the pressure system gets the heck out of dodge.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 12:27 PM | Locked

Ginny:
Spud,  You will certainly be in my heart and my prayers that your family can come together and blend well without drama and problems.

Thank you so much Ginny, I know it will be an adjustment and if my daughter does not get a teaching job right away she will be under stress. The hardest part for me will be figuring out how to sew without dragging everything out, I won't be able to leave things out, but we will make it work.. We had to have some backhoe work done before they brought the storage container (a friend did it for us) so, while he was here I had him bring more sand up from the bottom of our property and rebuild the sand pile for the boys. Anyway, I just need to remember that God is in control and He will take care of all our needs!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 12:31 PM | Locked

Marie:

Spud, you take it slow and easy, you have my prayers.  Hugs! 

Thank you Marie, I really do not have a choice :) I just run out of gas and then have to sit and rest. But, I do get better every day and get more strength so it will be okay. (((HUGS)))

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:52 PM | Locked

Y'all, I need some suggestions. I have puit notices everywhere I can think of and I still have members wanting to sign on to Mailbox Surprises. Adm. Mandy (has she disappaeared?) said she would shut it down on Dec, 31, but, in the meantime what else can I do. Two people, this week, have friended my and said they have signed up aand given me their info. How do I stop this? Leslie said she would take it over but could not get a response from anyone in Adm. Grrrr......! Suggestions?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 3:08 PM | Locked

Did you post a message in the Group? If you did, I don't have a clue what else you can do. The Admis are sure not very engaged on the Message boards, I guess we got spoiled when this first started as they were around all the time and they did everything in a really timely manner. They also participated in the discussions a little bit and that was very nice. Sorry you are so frustrated...hang in there.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,446
Points 127,674
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 3:11 PM | Locked

I just checked the Group and why don't you start a new thread in the Discussion explaining the situation and telling them that someone else will be taking it over soon.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 3:38 PM | Locked

Thanks for that suggestion, Spud, however, I have done that, but to know avail. I have sent messages to Amd. Mandy, so has Leslie, who wanted to take this over. Adm. Mandy will not respond.  I am at a loss. Lelise can not, apparently just take it over. I guess, since Adm. is closing this group, it doesn't work this way. One way or the other something will give, I guess.

So, went to walk the town square and poke around the anitque shops. What do you know, I started in the LQS and tired Jim out. We preservered and hit a few antique shop. They were just old time antique mom and pop shops. Now, they are very upsclae and expensive. They do stock beautiful things. And, if you bring your Bentley, I am sure you could fill the truck. However, those of us who drive old Fords, can't afford to shop here. This is the way all our little mountain towns are going. Ritzy people and ritzy, expensive things for sale taking over everywhere.  So, it wll be fun to wander around and window shop but I haven't the cash to buy. HOwever it will bring shoppers to our little square and that is what we really need. I have to say, one of the new shops is SO beautiful it made me drool. I really, really hinted about this gorgeous scarf, but it didn't have a price tag (remember the saying about if you have to ask...) so, I don't hold out much hope of finding it in my stocking this year. Oh well, we got our money's worth of their buffet.  All sorts of fancy food. It was great.

I told Jim that I need to highlight my hair, get some leather knee boots and some tight leggings and I would fit right in downtown, now. Well, we are home, sipping our hot tea , feet up in the relicners, and looking at the beautiful big Christmas tree, that no one has the energy to decorate. Too much exercise in town.  At least there is a wonderful end to a interesting  day.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 3:51 PM | Locked

Had a fantastic morning!  We went to a Christmas Brunch at a members home for the Kingdom quilters.  Wow what an awesome home, a true log home with gorgeous rooms, nooks and hideaways and lofts.  Every step was an adventure.  I've always loved Beverly, her home truly represents her in every way.

We had a wonderful time visiting and just being in the presence of the Lord and enjoying one anothers company.

Page 251 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 249 250 251 252 253 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use