Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 245 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 243 244 245 246 247 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 9:24 PM | Locked

Everyone    Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers today.   The surgery went well except I didn't want to wake up from anesthesia.   Doesn't surprise me alot as I didn't sleep much last night.   I got to come home about 5 pm since there wasn't anything they were going to be doing at the hospital that I couldn't do at home.    I am having some fairly severe pain and muscle spasms on the right side of my neck and shoulder.   It seems that my height was increased by about an inch after the compression was taken care of and spacers put in place.   Now I am having lots of spasms and pain from the ligaments and muscles stretching.   Hopefully that part will be better in a day or two.   Wow....riding in a car to just get home was quite the experience.   I was in tears by the time we made it home.   Won't be riding anywhere until the pain subsides some.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 125
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:04 PM | Locked

Thinking of you and sending prayers  and blessings for speedy recovery and great pain mgmt!

Nam

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:14 PM | Locked

Oh Nana, I'm sorry you are having pain and I pray it will subside soon. Take care and thank you so much for letting us know that you are okay. Sending (((HUGS))) (((HUGS))) (((HUGS))) your way. Take care sweet lady!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,541
Points 51,230
Ginny replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:24 PM | Locked

Glad to hear you made it through the surgery okay, Nana.   Yes, I can relate to the spasms if they increased your height by 1 inch.  I could use that.  I have lost a couple of inches. Just keep quietly still and take your pain meds til everything quiets down and I will say a prayer that your pain will soon be eased.    Ginny

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,570
Donna replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:37 PM | Locked

Nana, You're in my T&P for a speedy and complete recovery.  It seems so many of us have had health issues and challenges this year.  I'm hoping that 2013 will require fewer doctor and hospital visits and more time in our sewing rooms and building relationships on QCA.   

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:45 PM | Locked

Donna:
I'm hoping that 2013 will require fewer doctor and hospital visits and more time in our sewing rooms and building relationships on QCA.   

Amen to that!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:49 PM | Locked

Pat Badder:

Okay here goes one hand typing. I AM HOME AND THE SURGERY WE.NT WELL Have to keep left hand elevated and in sling for two days  Go see surgeon in two weeks yo have stitches out and am not  to use hand at all for this time.The 3rd and fourth week no lifting with left hand 5th and 6th week cannot lift over 2 lbs. with left hand. 7th weekcan use hand fully again. i WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR KEEPING ME IN THEIR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS . Now we need to find out how Nana did with her's

Pat  B

Pat,

Glad your home, bet you are too. now all you have to do is follow the surgeons orders.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:51 PM | Locked

Nana,

So sorry you are in so much pain, but i bet your glad to be home.

lots of hugs coming your way.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,431
Points 243,442
Thea replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 1:15 AM | Locked

Nana:

Everyone    Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers today.   The surgery went well except I didn't want to wake up from anesthesia.   Doesn't surprise me alot as I didn't sleep much last night.   I got to come home about 5 pm since there wasn't anything they were going to be doing at the hospital that I couldn't do at home.    I am having some fairly severe pain and muscle spasms on the right side of my neck and shoulder.   It seems that my height was increased by about an inch after the compression was taken care of and spacers put in place.   Now I am having lots of spasms and pain from the ligaments and muscles stretching.   Hopefully that part will be better in a day or two.   Wow....riding in a car to just get home was quite the experience.   I was in tears by the time we made it home.   Won't be riding anywhere until the pain subsides some.

Nana - do not ride in a car till they tell you is okay - I wasn't allowed to for 2 weeks and was glad not to - riding with that vibration even when you have the best of shocks was horrific for me and still bothers me to this day.  

I am so glad though that you are home and doing well.  Take good care of yourself... 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 6:47 AM | Locked

Nana, bless your heart.  I know about bad rides home from surgery. They tell you not to ride in a car but you can't just wiggle your nose and be home. DUH!!

I know you are in very bad pain. Just keep praying for devine intervention and God will ease it.. He is the great physician and will help you. Pray, pray, pray. Of course, you probably already are.

My prayers have been and will continue to go up. I am in Bible Study, later this a.m., and will ask for prayer there.

((((HUGS)))) from ALL of us.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 9:02 AM | Locked

Nana, honey just be a couch potato for a few days . Read some of those books you haven't read ,watch some TV, there are some new great movies out there. Just take it easy and let your neck heal.so you will be a better new you .. I know it hurts.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 9:26 AM | Locked

Just a quick update.   I was finally able to get comfortable enough to sleep awhile about 7am this morning.  Before that it was just little catnaps.   We had trouble filling the script for percocet last night and the DR called in Lortab.   Lortab just really isn't doing much good.   Hopefully the pharmacy at   the   at the medical center will be able to do the percocet this morning.   Then maybe I can get some relief.

Thanks to everyone for all your kind words and prayers.   Time to go lay down again.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 9:39 AM | Locked

Pat and Nana, I'm glad you both have your surgery behind you and pray for fast / complete recoveries for both of you.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 10:01 AM | Locked

Nana:
Thanks to everyone for all your kind words and prayers.   Time to go lay down again.

I hope you can get some rest today Nana.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Nov 29 2012 10:02 AM | Locked

You too Pat!

• | Post Points: 35
Page 245 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 243 244 245 246 247 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use