Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 244 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 242 243 244 245 246 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:16 AM | Locked

Pat,

Hope your surgery goes well.  Thinking of you

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:38 AM | Locked

Pat, praying that you'll have your surgery over with by the time you read this.  I had this same surgery a couple of months ago and I am so glad I did, turned out really well.  Thoughts and prayers with you.  God Bless.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:42 AM | Locked

Spud, ditto what Donna said.  I've had all but one daughter back at one time or other and also one grandson.  It's good that family takes care of one another.  They are all out and on there own again, just needed a temporary place to get back on their feet.  God Bless all our children.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:46 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

Pat Badder:
I sit here waiting to go for my surgery which I hope will take place today as scheduled.

Thinking of you and Nana this morning Pat... (((HUGS)))

Why is it we didn't think to ask Nana to have her DD let us know how her surgery went and how she is doing!  If someone has her phone number, maybe in a few days they could check and let us know if all is well...

Pat, I am think of you too, but expect that you will be recovering and able to let us know on your own much more quickly than Nana.  Please do...and you have my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,558
Points 246,072
Thea replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 12:12 PM | Locked

Having had the same surgery that Nana had - if it goes fine - she should be able to let you know tomorrow how she is feeling - it is not an overly taxing surgery on the body - your surgeon has the most difficulty because of the area where he is cutting - he has to make sure he doesn't cut into the spinal fluid area - Nana should be awake shortly after surgery and have a bandage and normal surgical pain from an incision - I was released the next morning from the hospital the 2nd time - the first time I had the surgery very early in the morning and went home that day.  

Nana will have to take care in the weeks and months following that she follows her surgeon and her physical therapists advice - one thing you absolutely can't do is lift anything - so no quilting quilts for a while - that weight will cause problems - sewing quilts should be no problem - I was in a neck brace and a sling because the last surgery entailed both my neck and left shoulder - and I did hand sewing - I couldn't use my machine because of the one hand for about a week - but then I was flying... the other thing Nana is going to have to do is stay out of a car... this may sound silly but the vibration from the car and the braking that a normal person doesn't feel will affect her neck for a little while - I was not allowed to ride in a car after I got home for 2 weeks and was not allowed to drive for 6 weeks... I do understand this because the vibration from the car bothers me to this day... I get most of my aches from riding - I do better driving as I hold the steering wheel... we have always gotten the best shocks money can buy to help with this.

But in actuality Pat will probably have more pain then Nana will and Pat will have her hand in a brace or cast for a while to make sure that that carpal tunnel surgery works - she has to be careful that she allows it to fully heal - something we all - well I shouldn't say all cuz it is probably just me - I am always in a rush - that is why I think quilting helps me so much - teaches me patience and I need it...teehee

I am working on my kitchen floor today - cleaning it up again - would someone take this spotless needed gene out of my body - every little thing is bothering me on this floor today - I need to just wipe it clean and let it go - but alas - that is not me...teehee...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 2:38 PM | Locked

Today, what a gloriously beautiful day. Thank you, Lord for your splendor.  My thoughts are on Nana and Pat today.....and, of course, Barbara.  Hoping they are all well and doing fine.

I had an appt with the Dr. in Blue Ridge but just for labs. However, my hives picked it up about a billion notches and I was asleep on Benedry, instead. Shoot. Not a great timeof the year to lose a whole day to sleep.

Have y'all noticed what we have been talking about? Here most of u,s have never met or even spoken on the phone. Shoot, we really aren't sure where each other live, really. But, when one of us has a problem, surgery, pain, hurt, or even, something happy to share, we are all on board, giving all our love, prayers, thoughts and caring. Y'all, why can't everyone be this way? There is so much hate in the world and here a bunch of ladies who quilt, come together in bad times and good.

IMAGINE.......... 

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 3:10 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Y'all, why can't everyone be this way?

Quilters, by nature, are very loving and giving people. But maybe we can rub off on others!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440
Pat Badder replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 4:22 PM | Locked

Okay here goes one hand typing. I AM HOME AND THE SURGERY WE.NT WELL Have to keep left hand elevated and in sling for two days  Go see surgeon in two weeks yo have stitches out and am not  to use hand at all for this time.The 3rd and fourth week no lifting with left hand 5th and 6th week cannot lift over 2 lbs. with left hand. 7th weekcan use hand fully again. i WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR KEEPING ME IN THEIR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS . Now we need to find out how Nana did with her's

Pat  B

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,558
Points 246,072
Thea replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 4:28 PM | Locked

Yeah Pat - now you follow those instructions!!!!  We are so glad and happy to hear from you - can you see me smiling - happy happy happy!  Thank you God for your wonderful job keeping our Pat safe!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 4:48 PM | Locked

Pat so glad to hear you are home and doing well. Prayers will continue for healing and restoration of the use of your hand.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 5:08 PM | Locked

Pat Badder:
I AM HOME AND THE SURGERY WE.NT WELL

Pat, doing the happy dance for you.  Also thanking God for blessing you.  Will keep you in my prayers until you fully heal.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 5:11 PM | Locked

WTG Pat!

hope recovery will pass quickly!

Nan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 5:12 PM | Locked

So glad to hear you are home and doing well Pat. Now just do what you were told and take it easy. Thanks for letting us know.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 5:30 PM | Locked

Pat Badder:
I AM HOME AND THE SURGERY

Way to go, Pat... Glad you are home safe and sound!  Follow the Dr.'s orders and in no time you will be back at that fast typing and quilting speed...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,572
Points 51,640
Ginny replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 5:43 PM | Locked

Pat,  I am so glad to hear that your surgery went well.  Now just do as you have been instructed and please follow those instructions.    Ginny

Page 244 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 242 243 244 245 246 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use