Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 243 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 241 242 243 244 245 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,524
Points 50,990
Ginny replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 3:02 PM | Locked

Pat,   Good luck for your surgery tomorrow.  I too will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,524
Points 50,990
Ginny replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 3:04 PM | Locked

Sukochi,  I pray for all when I am quilting.  It is a time for myself and my thoughts and prayers.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,524
Points 50,990
Ginny replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 3:22 PM | Locked

MM-m-m-m  homemade apple butter .  Haven't had any since my Mother used to make it when I was young.  My daughter made pumpkin apple butter pie for thanksgiving.  It was so good.   Guess I taught her well.  She too is getting adventurous in her baking.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,346
Points 241,972
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 3:52 PM | Locked

Pat Badder:

My my all these cookies sounds yummy. My thoughts and prayers are with you tomorrow Nana . I too am going to have surgery tomorrow. Going to have Carpal Tunnel surgery on my left hand, so I will be quite limited on doing things for at least 2 weeks , that's when they take the stitches out. Doctor said after that I can start doing things again rather slowly at first, but don't overdo myself. My blessings go out to you Nana. Will get back on when I can.

Pat B

Pat - have added you to the list of prayers for your surgical team and yourself.  I was scheduled to have this surgery years ago but found a way out of it as they discovered I didn't have carpal tunnel - go figure!!!  But I will be thinking of you!  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 4:01 PM | Locked

Many T&Ps for Nana and Pat through this holiday season.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 4:17 PM | Locked

I feel like I've accomplished something today...I got my fabric cut for my birthday blocks, packaged and ready to mail.  I got all of my Christmas cards addressed (at least those I had addresses for) and they're all ready to mail.  I got the tree up and most of the packages wrapped.  Got most of my shopping done (at least for the grandkids on Black Friday (that was a nightmare, but did get some good bargains) although I think I'm too old to push and shove through those rowdy crowds and I spent way too much money on them. They will expect this all the time now.  I've still got to get my Secret Santa and Mailbox Surprises ready, but maybe tomorrow will be a good day for that.

Still have to shop for the girls and their spouses yet, but I think I'll do that online after the 1st when I have some more money.  

I've been sewing the binding on my Marine Quilt, but I keep getting interrupted by other things that require doing...like taking the younger grandsons to TaeKwonDo everyday.  I've started Step 3 on the MQ7 and I've got MQ6 ready to load on my quilting frame, but time keeps running out.  Sure glad that Thanksgiving was early this year, will give me an extra week to get things done.

If it's warm tomorrow, will have to get out and get the outside lights up, if I wait much longer it won't be worth the time it takes to putting them up because it'll be time to take them down.   Tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:49 PM | Locked

Pat

You will be in my thoughts and prayers as well.  I just know that you will do fine.  I hope your recovery period is quick and uneventful.   I wish I was only going to be on total restrictions for 2 weeks.  They are telling me at least 6 to 8 weeks....yuck.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:54 PM | Locked

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers.  They are so appreciated.  Just finishing up a cup of hot tea before that midnight hour.   Then I hope to be able to get a little sleep as I have to be at the hospital at 5am.  Such an ungodly hour....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:13 PM | Locked

Nana and Pat, will be praying for both of you.  Remember, you are in God's hands.  May you both feel the peace that only He can give.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:44 PM | Locked

Nana and Pat,

You will be in my constant thoughts and prayers tomorrow and until I hear that both of you are recovered.  I ask the Great Physician to keep watch over you, to put a hedge of protection around you and all who will be with you during surgery and recovery.  Blessings.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:27 AM | Locked

Well today we are busy trying to get a spot ready to put a storage container; our middle daughter and her boys are coming home to stay and we need a place to put her things. Keep her in your prayers as she looks for a teaching job and then will need to find a house.

I need to get my sewing stuff gathered up and put away. I am going to need to learn to sew without spreading out over the whole house. I don't guess I will be doing much till after the 1st of the year.  We need to decorate for Christmas and put the tree up. I think we will wait to decorate the tree until the boys get here.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:42 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
We need to decorate for Christmas and put the tree up. I think we will wait to decorate the tree until the boys get here.

Boy, how life's little changes effect our best laid plans!  Bless you for taking them in and giving them a home during this stressful time in their lives...even if it does mean giving up some quilting space. But, that is what family is for, right?  Think of the joy those boys will have helping grandma decorate the tree and the memory of living with you for this holiday season! That will be priceless and with them for a lifetime!!!    Best wishes to you all...

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440
Pat Badder replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:55 AM | Locked

I sit here waiting to go for my surgery which I hope will take place today as scheduled. I developed a cold last night and called to see if I should still go in for surgery. They told me to come in and I guess it will depend if i have a fever whether they do the surgery or reschedule. I'm hoping that they can do it today so I can get it over with. I know Nana had to check in at 5 am this morning I willl be praying for her.

Pat B

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:02 AM | Locked

Thank you Donna, I am looking forward to Christmas with them here. I just feel so bad for Brandi, she is putting on a good front but she is struggling with all of this.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:04 AM | Locked

Pat Badder:
I sit here waiting to go for my surgery which I hope will take place today as scheduled.

Thinking of you and Nana this morning Pat... (((HUGS)))

Page 243 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 241 242 243 244 245 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use