Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 242 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 240 241 242 243 244 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:53 AM | Locked

Nana:

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Nana:
preacher cookies

What are preacher cookies? I have not ever heard of these.

Preacher cookies are no bake cookies made with cocoa and oatmeal.

The recipe I had (from many years ago) just called them "No Bake Cookies".  I like "Preacher Cookies" better!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,560
Points 246,127
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 11:16 AM | Locked

MaggieNae:

Thea's a Trekkie.  Facinating.

You have no idea - teehee - I started collecting the Star Trek and Star War's Hallmark ornaments when they first came out - I stopped about 5 years ago - but we used to hang them in the doorways through out the house - and then we would have a star trek or a star wars movie weekend - we have all the movies... I loved that program when it first came out - so so many years ago...teehee... DH is a worse trekkie then I am... I check a few years back to see how much my ornaments were worth - and stopped putting them out... it is a good investment... the fist Starship enterprise in original box cost me around $5 - bought it in Japan at the bx on base - it is worth about 1000 times that today if you have the original box and it is in working order... i was so so shocked... I doubt I would ever sell them as we do love them and once in a while I still do get them out but after DS left - I didn't have anyone to help me hang everything - and then I gave them our Christmas tree last year - I decorate the house now with all my snowmen - they are everywhere - teehee - 

Oh back to trekkie --- I always wander...yep know all the movies and the tv programs - maybe I'll get them out today - DH will laugh when he walks in the door and sees what I am watching - I won't get anything out of him as far as house - home work if I do...teehee

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 11:19 AM | Locked

Donna B:

Nana:

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Nana:
preacher cookies

Donna, They seel these in our bakery at the Ingles store, and Kroger, I think. They are good. Still too dry for me to eat though.

I think I am the only person who LOST two pounds from Thanksgiving Day till today!!  Trying my best to walk every day now. I keep forgetting the chair sit ups. My GF does them and is up to 60 each time. She is doing great. She had knee replacement surgeries, on both knees, and her doctor cleared her to do them. She said her legs have gotten so strong.

The recipe I had (from many years ago) just called them "No Bake Cookies".  I like "Preacher Cookies" better!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 11:20 AM | Locked

Donna B:

Nana:

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Nana:
preacher cookies

Donna, They seel these in our bakery at the Ingles store, and Kroger, I think. They are good. Still too dry for me to eat though.

I think I am the only person who LOST two pounds from Thanksgiving Day till today!!  Trying my best to walk every day now. I keep forgetting the chair sit ups. My GF does them and is up to 60 each time. She is doing great. She had knee replacement surgeries, on both knees, and her doctor cleared her to do them. She said her legs have gotten so strong.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 11:31 AM | Locked

Great. Thea's a trekkie and I am the one surrounded by Klingons. 

Jr came home from Scouts last night looking a little green around the gills. By bedtime his supper had re-entered society. He's feelin fine today but I kept him home from school anyway. A day off never hurt anyone. He's out helping his daddy with chores. I had enough of him being under my feet all morning.

Our garage was not built 'square." The pre-hung door was...  It's no suprise that we had a garage full of snow after that last storm. I begged DH to seal off the door so Mom's ceder chest and sewing machine table don't get ruined by the weather. The garage is too full of 'stuff' for cars to fit in it anyway, so we may as well seal it off for the season. "Gonna be ugly with tarps tacked up but it's better then having things ruined.

I have the last of this years' apple on to simmer for Apple butter. the house smells wonderful while they cook!!

Bonita i love your cards! How thoughtful of you to make them.

Nana, prayers going up for you tomorrow.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 11:36 AM | Locked

Ditto. Have  no idea how all this happened.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 11:54 AM | Locked

Nana,  My thoughts are with you for tomorrow.  If you need anything, just remember, I'm retired and only a 4 hour drive away.  I can come up and keep you company after the holidays or even a bit before.  Or when you are feeling up to it and the dr. oks it, get to look at 4 different walls and come down.  Just a thought.

Huggs,  Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 12:34 PM | Locked

Nana:
Yes Tomorrow is surgery day.   I went yesterday for all the pre op testing and now I just have to try to wait patiently.   Today will be my difficult day....I hate the day before.   I always start getting really nervous.

Sorry, I missed this when I asked about your SX. Thinking of you - (((HUGS))) (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 12:59 PM | Locked

NanA sorry, I keep dropping your final "A". My T & P are with you. Regardless.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440
Pat Badder replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 1:37 PM | Locked

My my all these cookies sounds yummy. My thoughts and prayers are with you tomorrow Nana . I too am going to have surgery tomorrow. Going to have Carpal Tunnel surgery on my left hand, so I will be quite limited on doing things for at least 2 weeks , that's when they take the stitches out. Doctor said after that I can start doing things again rather slowly at first, but don't overdo myself. My blessings go out to you Nana. Will get back on when I can.

Pat B

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 1:48 PM | Locked

Pat, prayers said for your surgery also. With this group, I think we should just stop quilting and pray.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 1:56 PM | Locked

Nana:
They have been disappearing fairly quickly.

This happens to my sister on a regular basis.  One year she hid all the baking in their camper not the deep freeze and laughed to watch them look everywhere for treats.  That year she had a good assortment for the table.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 2:16 PM | Locked

Pat, you will be in my T&Ps also. I will look forward to your return to QCA and hope you will not be gone for too long.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 2:18 PM | Locked

Cute story Vivian, sometimes we have to go to great lengths at this time of year LOL... I was wondering where you have been, I may have just missed your posts, but I was missing you.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,802
Points 67,545
Bonita replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 2:28 PM | Locked

Good luck to you too Pat. Will keep you and Nana in my T&P tomorrow.

Page 242 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 240 241 242 243 244 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use