Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 241 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 239 240 241 242 243 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 9:14 PM | Locked

Bonita, your cards are beautiful!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 12:16 AM | Locked

Nana,

Any chance i can get recipes for any of these ... please....please ....pretty please with twinkies on top.

lots of love

Francesxx

Nana:

Frances:

Nana,

Dont keep me in suspense what flavour cookies did you bake, some of us over the ocean are always looking for something different.

lots of love

Francesxx

Frances

We made peanut butter blossoms with candy cane kisses instead of chocolate,  regular peanut butter, soft sugar cookies, reg sugar cookies so the kids could cut out the cookies,  chocolate chip,  white chocolate chip with cranberries, cherry winks, preacher cookies, and a sweet version chex mix.     All together we made over 50 dozen cookies.   Hope to get the pretzels dipped in chocolate today sometime.   It sure smelled good in the house while all those cookies were baking.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:16 AM | Locked

After a day in bed yesterda, I am up and. hopefully soon to be, atta today. Don't eat Beef Lo Mien that has been in the fridge for 4 days. I about died!

This gift for the S.S. giftee is so cute. I will be making them all year for next Christmas. Once S.S. is over, I will be happy to share the picture and pattern, if anyone is interested.

Rainy, rain day. During the nigh,t it rained hard. Thank the Lord, it was not freezing temps or this rain might have been white. I would love snow, but was thinking along the lines of February.

Everyone have a wonderful winter's day.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:20 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Nana:
preacher cookies

What are preacher cookies? I have not ever heard of these.

Preacher cookies are no bake cookies made with cocoa and oatmeal.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:22 AM | Locked

Bonita

Your Christmas cards are gorgeous.   Great work on these,.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:30 AM | Locked

Marie

Normally we wait and do the cookie baking closer to Christmas.  But with me having surgery we had to do all the special baking before hand.   There probably won't be any cookies left by Christmas....LOL>   They have been disappearing fairly quickly.

Yes Tomorrow is surgery day.   I went yesterday for all the pre op testing and now I just have to try to wait patiently.   Today will be my difficult day....I hate the day before.   I always start getting really nervous.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,904
Points 69,330
Bonita replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:30 AM | Locked

Thank you Nana, I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,716
Points 248,537
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:40 AM | Locked

We will be thinking of you tomorrow Nana - take care - are they sending you home after the surgery or keeping you?  

I am up and trying to get ready for my day - it is chilly yet in the house - or chilly to me as I actually think it is probably warm enough on a normal day...teehee... but I am toasty warm under my blanket and feeling very lazy dazy today.  I need to call the base and make an appointment but with doctors I really tend to procrastinate.  Did get most of my other errands done yesterday and got all the places I can think of that needed the change in my debit card # - amazing how many things I pay directly and don't think about it... aggravating though - hope they tell me soon how it got hacked like that.  saw this credit card carrier yesterday that keeps those from hacking your cc information by devices that read them right in you purse of wallet.  Am hoping that we don't have that problem here - but guess in reality it is everywhere and just not in the big cities...

Talked with DDIL this morning and she was still on a high from her birthday yesterday.  I sent gifts for the grands too and she said that my DGD wore her new fuzzy shirt to school today and that DGS couldn't stop petting her...teehee... sent him a dinosaur sweatshirt and he was roaring and growling around the house cuz that is what dinosaurs do... so wish I was there... they are growing up too fast... thinking about making a trip up there to deliver their Christmas gifts... right now just thinking about it as Jay has no time off from work this year - they are working the day before and the day after Christmas and New Years... he had to work the Saturday after Thanksgiving so that stopped us from going at Thanksgiving... I am thinking maybe a trip up there instead of UPS for the gifts... I'd spend about the same I figure in gas as I am going to spend at the UPS store to mail them... still just thinking though - it is a long ride by myself - even though this time I think I would stop halfway at Barbara's... might work out fine... but then we have to put Mom in the equation and see how she is doing.

WEll warm quilty hugz from OK today!  I need some warmth or some snow to go with this cold freezing weather...

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,924
Points 41,110
ls2116 replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 9:45 AM | Locked

Lastnight we went to return one led tv store would impose 120. restock fee so we decided to keep that model and we were able to cancle the other model with all the bells and whistles.  So life I hope will settle down now. 

Got my first floor sewing room situated and its working the better than it ever has in the past

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:20 AM | Locked

Nan pray for a great outcome to your surgery tomorrow. I know you are imagining all sorts of unsettleing thoughts today. Pray to the Lord for healing and calm in your heart and mind. And, I will join you it that prayer. As will we all.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,716
Points 248,537
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:31 AM | Locked

Sukochi, I meant to tell you earlier that I am glad that you are feeling better - what got into you to eat that old food....shame shame shame - teehee... but glad to see you better...

I haven't felt like eating at all since this pain started - have to remind myself that I need sustenance to continue - now I sound like Data from star trek - teehee... I need to get up and moving this morning but sitting here enveloped in this heat feels so so good - I don't really have anything pressing to complete - only 1 gift left to buy for my DS and that I will get on Friday when my next paycheck gets deposited... then start writing out the budget for next year... I got almost all I wanted paid off this year and we are getting closer to being in the total black... no trips till March on the horizon - then it is March and April - then we are quiet till the fall - DH talked about a trip to Vegas with his AF buddies but I told him he could do that one on his own- I am not interested - the cruise was fun but I have nothing and I mean nothing in common with those people and sitting everytime listening to them talk about the crazy things they did in the AF gets old cuz is the same story everytime and the beer and alcohol intake is ridiculous - and I am too old for that game - don't want to participate or watch... so told him to go on his own... One of the wives actually flashed the guys and she is a grandma - right in front of the kids she did this - I think I am a total prude and proud of it - but told him if he wants to go - GO - I go to Quilt functions with my friends and he should be able to go have fun - on a budget too...teehee... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:31 AM | Locked

Nana:
Preacher cookies are no bake cookies made with cocoa and oatmeal.

Love those.

Nana, is tomorrow your SX? You are still in my T&Ps (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 641
Points 9,660
MaggieNae replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:41 AM | Locked

Thea's a Trekkie.  Facinating.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:42 AM | Locked

Nana,  I am praying that your surgery goes well tomorrow.  I understand completely your nervousness the day before surgery.  I was in that state of mind  also in July.  Hugs and prayers go with you.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:45 AM | Locked

Is that what you call them?  Never heard that name before but have made the cookies every year.   Got the recipe out of a German cook book.   You can tell it wasn't just German recipes in it.  Just plain good recipes.    Ginny

Page 241 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 239 240 241 242 243 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use