Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 240 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 238 239 240 241 242 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:46 AM | Locked

Nana:
preacher cookies

What are preacher cookies? I have not ever heard of these.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:50 AM | Locked

Dawn:
DH bought me a EZ3 quilt frame for Christmas.  I really wanted one and he started putting it together last night.  It was a Black Friday deal so not full price!  :-)  Of course it was missing some washers, but it will work, cause DH is a problem solver!

Dawn, my DD has ordered one for me too. She found a coupon online somewhere so not full price here either. I'm going to ask her not to wait until Christmas to give it to me. I want it now.LOL Merry Christmas to us.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 10:53 AM | Locked

Wow, Merry Christmas Dawn and Bonita! Aren't you two lucky! Have fun with those new frames.

Sprout is cutting another new tooth. It's visible beneath his gum, so I expect it to pop loose any time. He's got a spoon to chew on right now. He has no interest in traditional teethers for some reason. Of course, his favorite thing to gnaw on is ...me!!  OUCH!!!

I am reminded how blessed I am that his DDaddy is wlling to get up with him, too. As it is, niether Mom or Dad is all that bright-eyed today, but at least we each got a few hours of sleep. LOL He was standing in his crib when I got up with him after midnight. He's figured out how to pull up on the rails, so there'll be no more leaving the drop side down for easy access! I do wish he wasn't in such a great hurry to grow up!!

The kids have all been adding Wii games to their Christmas wishlists. i wonder why they don't have any quilters games...?? Most of the things I see offered are games that take some skill to master, but once you figure them out, they offer no new challenge. 'Seems kinda pointless to me. But then, i don't understand adding apps to a cellphone either. *shrug*

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 5:08 PM | Locked

I finished my hurricane blocks today. Finished putting together Nana's slice and dice top. Went to sew the rows together on top and they wouldn't line up in the correct order, found out I had sewed two strips on each of 42 blocks wrong. I just wanted to screech. Now my job is to  pick them all out. But I just picked myself up and finished making a few Christmas cards. Here's a picture of them.

This is my favorite

• | Post Points: 95
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 5:22 PM | Locked

Bonita,

Your Christmas cards are wonderful!!  

Sorry about your new frogging project...been there, done that!

Max

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 244,387
Thea replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 5:31 PM | Locked

Very pretty cards Bonita - great job!

What a day I have been having - gave myself a week last week of no sewing to see if it is what was causing my chest pain...so after church yesterday I got out some of my twister UFOs from last year - I had made up samples in different stages of completion to teach a class using the Twister ruler... so got them out and finished up sewing all the seams and on the first one - put the border on - recut using the twister ruler and then sewed it all together and put on the first 2 borders - have one border to go and decided I had been sewing enough...

So this morning I woke up and Yes you guessed it the pain was back... it hurt so so bad... got myself up and got to my chair when my sweetheart Barbara had left a message on the phone this morning - I had talked to her last night and left my phone off the charger so it was dead - so didn't hear it when she called - so called and talked to her and she is doing better - I think she is still in shock but she sounded better... so talked to her and she got a phone call and had to go - so I got myself up and dressed and off to the bank...

I had bought this magazine at the local Hastings for the beautiful quilt on the front - only to discover it was a 4 parter so not to not get one of the magazines decided to subscribe - well it is a France magazine and my credit(debit) card would not go through - so left it alone - forgot actually all about it just put it down to having to make sure I went to Hastings once a week to get the new mags when they came in... no hardship I like Hastings...

Well - it turns out that France is a country my bank does not allow the cards to go through on and they stopped my card - so had to get it turned back on and then found out that someone had hacked that account when I tried to order and ordered a I-pad in my name and paid Obama for his celebration - hmph... 

So am at the bank getting that straightened out and getting a new card...I will have my over $500 back in my account on Wednesday... luckily nothing bounced because of this...they had stopped it in time but argh!!!  I will never try to order something from Europe again - they are not secure... they will let me know what country hacked it if they can - they think Iran...

So got that done but now I have to change a whole bunch of accounts that I have that automatically use that # - as to me it is my most secure - but things that normally would go through are now not being allowed - so making phone calls for previous orders that haven't quite processed through... redoing my Amazon account for Amazon Prime... plus some others that I pay directly like that... argh...

And then Barbara asked me if my RA had started in my ribs and maybe that was causing me the pain in my chest and I remembered that they used to check me for Rheumatoid lungs - so will make an appointment with the doctor and ask some specific questions - was making an appointment anyway as enough is enough - this pain has to be figured out... my pain meds just aren't touching it and to take enough of those to help is overdoing it... 

But at least I know that the exercise somehow from the sewing is aggravating it - so have to slow down on my sewing - not too much though - but I won't do a whole quilt in one day - or 20 some blocks - I'll slow down to 1/4 of a quilt - teehee...

Loving life - quilty hugz to all - it is chilly chilly chilly in OK - 23 degrees chilly - but we will be back in the 70s by the weekend - what a winter... so far!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 5:47 PM | Locked

Bonita:

This is my favorite

These are absolutely beautiful Bonita!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 5:51 PM | Locked

Bonita, love your cards

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 6:01 PM | Locked

CC, one of the best things you can give sprout to chew on is a cold wet wash cloth. not dripping wet but damp wet and cold . he'll love it  numbs up the gum and chewing the wash cloth will ot hurt him,

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 6:05 PM | Locked

Bonita, These cards are beautful. How did you learn to make them? Was it a kit or your own thing? I just love this. How big are they?

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,429
Points 416,079
gini replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 7:54 PM | Locked

bonita i love your cards

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,781
Points 67,290
Bonita replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:16 PM | Locked

Thanks Max,Thea,Spudgrandma,Leslie, Gini and Sukochi. They are fun and easy to make.

Sukochi, I found the instructions on someone quilting blog awhile ago. The center is about 5 inches around with a4 1/2 circle around them but the cards are a different size depending on the size of the picture I printed on the inside as a greeting.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,525
Angele replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:27 PM | Locked

Sukochi, I too only have one sewing machine.  I'm currently looking at an older one so I can keep it at the centre where I go quilt every week. We have one tv a flat screen that the boys bought us. I figure we should at least sit together to watch tv.  If there is something I don't want to see, I go sew or knit.  No tvs in bedroom.  So I guess I too am an oddball.

i just ordered some of the Christmas presents online.  Since we live in a small community, many things are unavailable here.  I still have a few to buy or make...not sure what.  My SS gift is almost complete. Two more things and I'll be ready to mail it.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 9:01 PM | Locked

Tracy, Kudos to your mom, she raised a beautiful daughter inside and out.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 9:05 PM | Locked

Nana, how do you keep them fresh until Christmas?  If you freeze them do they keep well?

Is it this Wednesday for your surgery?  My thoughts and prayers are with you that all turns out well.  God Bless.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Page 240 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 238 239 240 241 242 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use