Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 239 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 237 238 239 240 241 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,545
chocake2 replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 1:17 PM | Locked

I like your sister, Patti!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 1:18 PM | Locked

Patti, you sure livein beautiful area of our nation. I couldn't figure ou,t at first what I was seeing in that tree. I know it was either a person or a bear!! Is you sister a bear????

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 1:43 PM | Locked

OMG, Patti! I thought you were going to say your sister was getting ready to start decorating that tree!!

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 2:48 PM | Locked

My family was very poor, we still are for the most part lol, but with 8 kids growing up, that was alot of mouths to feed. We never had milk delivered by anyone other than the neighbor down the road, He milked cows for a living so we always got a gallon jar of free milk from him, which had not been pasteurized yet so the milk always tasted like wild onions so did the butter when we made it from the cream.   Once a month Mom would go to town and get her month of commodities that's what they had then instead of food stamps.   I never had skates but I did have a skateboard when we moved to town, that I rode everywhere.  I had so much love growing up I never new I was poor, I still have my Mom and 6 of my brothers and sisters, in my life so it is good

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 3:38 PM | Locked

Thea:

Church - if I don't go my week is horrible - I always feel better when I start my week out with the Lord in his house.  I showered about 2-3 hours ago so that I could go today - it takes me a long time to get ready in the morning - nope don't do anything but let my old worn out body wake up - and that takes it forever...lol  I am getting ready though to go today - It is a good way to start the week - reading scriptures at church is wonderful!  have fun!!!

I definitely feel the same way.  Even though this is one of the busiest times of year, I am making a valiant attempt to start a rhythm in my life:  Wake up early, spend time in prayer and in the Word.  Get my son up and dressed and out the door to school.  Haul my buns to the gym for 45 minutes, shower/dress and get to work.  Get home and do homework while dinner is cooking.  Eat, read with him in the Bible, say prayers, turn a movie on for him while I quilt for an hour, and then go to bed.   (I can't fall asleep in silence).  Well, this is my idea right now.  I just need some nature of stability.  I've been going 1000000000 miles per hour and I don't feel like I am enjoying life.  There is a lot to be said about rhythms.  Saturday is usually my sewing day.  Thankfully I have a patient son who doesn't mind hanging out while I sew.

The scripture reading actually went really well.  Since I have been sick, my head feels like it is full of cotton, so I can't hear much, so it was nice that I kinda pretended like I was reading to my son (I don't like being in front of large crowds, so that presents a problem when I read).  I made it through and God is good!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 4:30 PM | Locked

Patti ,your sister is awhole lot braver then Me. I'd have never made it up the tree. LOL..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,784
gini replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 6:18 PM | Locked

patti, what a cool sister you have

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 6:49 PM | Locked

Nan is coming to my house for Christmas. I am so excited. Maddie is going with herr Mom and Dad to her other grandmother's house. So, Nan is coming here...to MY house...for CHRISTMAS!!! Yay!! k, gotta go all out on decorations and cooking....need lots of cookies...let's see...ham or turkey?....Hmmm. breakfast...oh she sleeps late, not to worry about breakfast...did I say I am SO EXCITED???? Gosh, there is So much to do.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 7:12 PM | Locked

Today I made the first quilt for the Sandy project  I'm doing . I'm part of a team ,they make the blocks I make the quilt and finsih it then ship it off to a person thath will distrubte them to the needy familys in New Jearsy ,and where ever else they are needed out east.  I stillneed to put on some borders but haven't decided what I'm going to do just yet. Max and Jeanne from Missouri from QCA are also on my team. Barbara,  ,PS : Max made 20 of the blocks in this top ..good job Max..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,653
Points 37,370
ls2116 replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 9:14 PM | Locked

That project quilt looks great!  Went running around with DH yet again looking at flat panel led he really wants the one with allthe bells and whistles.  Me I'm to the point that I'm irritated with the whole thing.  We now have 2 Flat panel tvs!  Probably going to end up with none.  When I go shopping I know what I want I 'm in store 1/2 hr. and thats it not this drag it out pros and cons  and is it the right one?  Problem is he's trying to outdo his band buddy deal.  and of coarse I have to ride this roller coaster with him.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 10:03 PM | Locked

Barbara,

The quilt top looks wonderful!  Someone is going to be very happy to receive this quilt!

Max

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 10:28 PM | Locked

What a gorgeous view you have, Patti! I would be up a tree if I were visiting, also, teehee...I love that stuff. Your sister seems like a pretty cool bean to me, too. 

I am too young to remember milk deliveries or roller skates with keys, but we WERE a poor family - my mother plus me, that's it - my father left when she was still pregnant with me, less than a year after they were married, so it was just the two of us. And I didn't know we were poor, either! She showered me with so much love, when I was growing up, and taught me the value of not THINGS but EXPERIENCES in life.

As fate would have it, I've passed the same tradition to my children...marrying young (too young) and having 4 children by the age of 25, things were not easy for us. But to this day, while my girls DID know we were poor, they always look back and reflect on the good times we had as a young family. To this day, we still value every minute we have together - as a matter of fact, we are all going out together to pick out our own Christmas trees for each of our own houses, for the first time...we have always done this as a family before, and see no reason to change that now, just because we live in separate houses. Life is good, my friends...and money has nothing to do with it!

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 1:34 AM | Locked

Tracy:
She showered me with so much love, when I was growing up, and taught me the value of not THINGS but EXPERIENCES in life.

You had a very wise mother Tracy and she gave you a beautiful smile!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 6:30 AM | Locked

Frances:

Nana,

Dont keep me in suspense what flavour cookies did you bake, some of us over the ocean are always looking for something different.

lots of love

Francesxx

Frances

We made peanut butter blossoms with candy cane kisses instead of chocolate,  regular peanut butter, soft sugar cookies, reg sugar cookies so the kids could cut out the cookies,  chocolate chip,  white chocolate chip with cranberries, cherry winks, preacher cookies, and a sweet version chex mix.     All together we made over 50 dozen cookies.   Hope to get the pretzels dipped in chocolate today sometime.   It sure smelled good in the house while all those cookies were baking.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,115
Points 14,375
Dawn replied on Mon, Nov 26 2012 7:11 AM | Locked

DH bought me a EZ3 quilt frame for Christmas.  I really wanted one and he started putting it together last night.  It was a Black Friday deal so not full price!  :-)  Of course it was missing some washers, but it will work, cause DH is a problem solver!    But till he gets home and helps me put the quilt on it, I will just keep using the hoop.  Which is hard to do w/a full sized quilt!  But it keeps me warm.  It is 7 a.m. and we are almost at our high for the day.  Tomorrow is to be a high of 38.  Thankful I don't have to be anywhere today or tomorrow. 

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Page 239 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 237 238 239 240 241 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use