Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 231 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 229 230 231 232 233 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:35 AM | Locked

Diana:
Since it's just DH and myself, it won't take long.

I will agree there Diana. We were supposed to have DS and DDIL but there was a slight snag in the plans so it will just be DH and me.  Bought a boneless half turkey breast, some hubbard squash, green beans, cranberry sauce, cornbread, and apple pie.  All I have to do is cook the turkey and the squash. And maybe some mashed potatoes with the leftovers on Saturday or Sunday.  I'm thankful things will be quieter this year.  Got to get organized for the kitchen remodeling starting in January.  I'll have to take before and after pictures.  We've decided no Christmas presents this year.  We're saving for the extras we're (I'm :c) ) going to want after the kitchen is finished.  Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 1:30 PM | Locked

Good afternoon everyone

Just wanted to share last night with you.  It was quilt night for patches and most of us work for the school districts in our area.  We didn't have to be up at the crack of dawn this morning so we had an almost all nighter at the church last night.  We started at four in the afternoon, and finished up a 1:30 this morning. Here is 2 pics and a video of the fun time I had last night.  This past year I bought the mid arm that you see and the Flynn frame.  This is the first time using the Flynn frame. I just wanted to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Vzvne_z-o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Happy sewing everyone

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 1:34 PM | Locked

CC OMG I love squash pie even better then pumpkin. I'm comin to your house ..Oh I wish ,My son would be very upset .. but OH that sounds so good ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 1:35 PM | Locked

Wendy ,How did you like the frame ,I've heard good and bad .   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 1:49 PM | Locked

Wendy, I bought one of those years ago and never used it. It looks like they have changed a little bit. I'm glad it is working for you, it looks like you are having fun.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 1:53 PM | Locked

Barbara:
,How did you like the frame

Barb,

I like it a lot.   It moves around with the slightest touch.  The only draw back is that you can only do small quilts on it.  He does have instructions on how to make longer frame rails and that is what we did. We made the set of frame rails that you see in the pic. the other set that came with it are much shorter. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 2:38 PM | Locked

Barbara:

CC OMG I love squash pie even better then pumpkin. I'm comin to your house ..Oh I wish ,My son would be very upset .. but OH that sounds so good ..Barbara

So come along and bring your son.

I'll happily feed you both!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 3:38 PM | Locked

Baking, got 3 pies made. I was going to make a pecan, but decided since there will only be 3 of us for dinner tomorrow, it wasn't necessary. Christmas is coming so that will be a better time.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! We are so thankful for all the bounty we have received.

xoxoxo,

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,445
Points 243,677
Thea replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 3:42 PM | Locked

Squash pie is fantastic.  I have to laugh when I read this - I made sweet potato pie one year and took it to my in-laws and Pop said it was the best Pumpkin pie he had ever had... Squash pie is one way to get all those who don't like squash to eat it... lol

I have been doing all my prep work for tomorrow - the only thing for tomorrow is to finish up the home made rolls - they are in the fridge and tomorrow I'll take it out in the morning and make them into crescent or another roll type... and the mashed potatoes will be done tomorrow and the gravy... that is all that is left.  I got the cranberry sauce done... the green bean casserole just has to be put in the oven  - along with sweet potatoes and broccoli cauliflower casserole .. all the hard work has been done so tomorrow I can sit and enjoy our company that come by and enjoy just having a day of Thanks with everyone instead of having to be in the kitchen... Turkey is all ready for stuffing...

DH needs me so back later...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 4:45 PM | Locked

Two chocolate pecan pies and one sweet potato casserole later, we are done. Now, we wait for Jim's brother to give us directions to their lake house. We have not been invited there in 7 years. Can't remember what all little roads we take back in there to get to this house. They were supposed to let us know today. Well, I guess today isn't ove,r yet. I told Jim, they will probably call 30 mins. before they will sit down to dinner at 6 p.m. tomorrow evening.That way, we can come, sit, eat and go home.Tthat is about as much time as they care to spend with "trailer trash"!!!.

You all have a Happy Thanksgiving. Eat all ya want, there more!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 5:41 PM | Locked

Moomist, those pies look good enough to eat!

Ds1 made the prettiest "pumpkin" pie I've ever seen today. DD made the cranberry sauce. I made the apple pie. The spuds are smooshed. Got the yeast proofing to make the roll dough. All that's left today is to make the dressing.

It's been a week full of milestones for Sprout: He got his first tooth, Learned to crawl... And today!? OMG !! The kids had him playing in a laundry basket while i was busy in the kitchen. When I took a break he was busy crawling/skootching all around the livingroom. He got himself over to the basket and used it to pull up onto his knees! I thought that was a huge accomplishment and called the older kids to come see. He grinned at everyone's attention, then went back to banging his toy car on the bottom of the basket (it was up-side-down). The car got away from him, just out of his reach, and danged if he didn't stand right up and grab it!!!!! He stood there, supported by that flimsy plastic basket like he'd been doing it forever. When his legs got tired, instead of yelling for help as babies often do when they stand for the first time, he just lowered himself back down and rolled over on his back. I'm blown away. 6 months old seems too young to be doing that!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 5:45 PM | Locked

CC you are so kind ,but I'm gonna have to pass,Paul has been sick all week and is on Antibiotics for a severe  sinus infection , don't want any of you to get ill. Esp the little ones.. Just think of me when  eating the pie. LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 5:48 PM | Locked

CC,you have yourself a little Charles Atlas  there   LOL  and I'd say not really  he sees big brothers up and about ,so he will probably walk early.  My boy was walking at 8 mons I darn near went into shock..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 5:58 PM | Locked

OMG is right. C.C. beware he will be running away from you at 8 mos.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 6:02 PM | Locked

Thanks Wendy for the info. I sitll don't have a space big enough for even that size  but I have looked at them . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 231 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 229 230 231 232 233 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use