Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 230 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 228 229 230 231 232 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 4:19 PM | Locked

Donna:

Sukochi,  How nice to put a face to your name.  You take a good picture.  I like your rural area.

Thanks so much. We sure do love it here. Looks rural but only 8 miles to town. Of course, it is a small town.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 4:29 PM | Locked

Pretty picture, Sukochi!   I definitely see a difference!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 4:42 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Old me...

I hope this pic looks thinner.

Wow, what a difference a month makes! You look great, Sukochi! Hope you are feeling as good as you look!

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,348
Points 174,613
Marie replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 4:52 PM | Locked

Looking good Sukochi, I see the difference but in both pictures I see the beauty shining through.  BTW, I love your haircut.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 5:02 PM | Locked

Thanks y'all that makes me feel so good. I have started doing longer, and steeper, walks  Hopefully, in a few more weeks, I will have more off. I know I feel better already..

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 5:19 PM | Locked

You look wonderful Sukochi

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:57 PM | Locked

Oh My... what  I am going to do.... .. I had to go watch my only Burger King left in town burn to the ground...I am so bummed....

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 8:13 PM | Locked

Hopefully they will rebuild Kelley. The one in Ontario, OR burned down and they were up and running really fast.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 8:16 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
Hopefully they will rebuild Kelley

I sure hope so Spud... How can I keep this bigggg butt of mine without the greasy 40 grams of fat, Chicken sandwich...lol..

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 8:54 PM | Locked

Sukochi, you look great!

Gini, congrats on getting more space.

Spud, hurray for you getting that done.  Hope you have a great Thanksgiving as well.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 5:39 AM | Locked

Sukochi,look at you girl , You look great ,I'm jealous .LOL   

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 7:25 AM | Locked

You're looking great Sukochi.   I'm ready to start eating rabbit food and get rid of some of this weight of mine.  Today I'll be doing some sewing today.  I've been trying to get some order to my quilt studio.  Looks like a fabric shop exploded in there.  Andrea is coming in March and it may take me that long...lol  I'm trying to get my late mailbox surprises put together (Needed a bigger box) and the current ones. 

I've got things ready for tomorrow.  Since it's just DH and myself, it won't take long.  I make it easy because DH hated the mess from cooking turkey breasts and then carving on them.  I just buy thick slices of a quality turkey breast from deli.  Stove top turkey stuffing, cranberry sauce, candied sweet taters out of a can.  He loves chocolate cream pie, but with his diabetes, I'm going to make a double batch of fat-free, sugar-free chocolate pudding with cool-whip for dessert.  Then I can sew the rest of the day while everyone drives themselves crazy.    I cooked holiday dinners for years and usually had 15 - 20 people for dinner.  Then we moved 800 miles away and that was the end of that.  I don't miss the hassle anymore.  We would rather be by ourselves now.   That's the one thing we are thankful for.  We have each other.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 7:55 AM | Locked

Beautiful, beautiful day. Will be warm and sunshiney.

Jim goes for eval and sheduling of his cataract surgery today. We should own stock in Oiedmonth Hospital. We spend enough money there to add a new wing.

Going to pay the Attorney bill for Mom's estate. YAY! It is over. She didn't have much but it has taken over a year to get it all done and closed. Will take BIL his little bit that is left tomorrow. Taking a millionaire $500.00 is a joke. Pocket change.

Will go to LQS toady to do some last minute shopping for Mailbox Surprises and Santa Swap. I am going to need a moving van if I keep adding to my Santa Wap giftee. Jim says enough already. He said since I am not getting a CHristmas present, why should I be spending so much on someone I don't even know. HE just doesn't get this.  And I did get a Christmas present. It is called a driveway and the garbage man and I just love it.

Have to bake three pies today. Well, Jim has to,. he is our baker. I will make sweet poatot casserole. Marshmallows will be put on and in the oven, tomorrow, at the lake house.

Got to get going. Everyone have a cookin' day.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I am so thankful for having all of you in my life.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:01 AM | Locked

Marie:

Looking good Sukochi, I see the difference but in both pictures I see the beauty shining through.  BTW, I love your haircut.

Ditto

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:29 AM | Locked

When you stop to think about it, today is a really remarkable day. Today, all across the nation, millions of folks will spend time in the kitchen preparing to share one meal friends and loved ones tomorrow. Today, all across the nation, millions of folks will be piling into cars, planes and trains in order to share one meal with friends and loved ones tomorrow.

Today I will be prepping the meal. I was going to make a pumpkin pie, but Dh asked me to make a roast squash for supper the other night. We had an odd looking squash he bought at the farm stand last month stashed in the cellar. I cut it open to seed it, and OMG It smelled wonderful! It wasn't stringy like pumpkin sometimes is. The flesh was the deepest orange I have ever seen and it was remarkably sweet. Of course it was too big for one meal, even with Sprout eating a serving of it. is ...so I am using that left-over squash for our pies. I'll bet they will be outstanding! And no one will know it's not roast Jack-o-Lantern. LOL 

This year DS1 says he's helping make the pie, and I think that since DD always hogs the cranberry sauce, it's high time she learn to make it! I'll be making my mashed spuds and dressing today. everything is sure to taste better with their help!  I've found that the spuds don't get that made-ahead, stale potatoe taste if i whip in a little cream cheese with the sour cream. And the dressing tastes even better with an extra day in the fridge to trade flavors. I froze the pan drippings from a roast chicken to use in it.

DH will be working through the holiday. Thanksgiving Wednesday usually ends with at least on traveler colliding with a deer, or trying to drive a few more miles on too little sleep, out on the interstate. Thankfully, in all the years he's been going to the rescue, we've never had any serious injuries, only totaled vehicles. Pray that trend continues. Sadly, Thanksgiving day leads to Thanksgiving night, when too much alcohal and too much togetherness leads to family disputes. He almost always gets called to administer first aid to fight victoms. You would be shocked at how many folks end up in the ER over the outcome of the football game!  Pray that trend does not continue.

Have a happy and safe holiday!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 230 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 228 229 230 231 232 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use