Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 228 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 226 227 228 229 230 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,524
Points 50,990
Ginny replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:49 AM | Locked

Whoo -hoo Gini.  Thar is as good as a Christmas present.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 8:36 AM | Locked

WTG Gini.   Sounds like you are going to have an amazing new year.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 8:50 AM | Locked

First I am going to the neighbor's house to shower and take some containers for water with me.   No snow yet to melt, and want to keep those toilets flushing!   Hopefully the well will be prepared before Thanksgiving.  If not the neighbor who is going to be away says we can use his house for our company and our dinner. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 8:51 AM | Locked

Patti good luck with the well . Hope your problem get solved .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:09 AM | Locked

Patti, private wells can be an expensive pain, but would rather that then having county water brought 1/4 mile to our house. We need the bladder replaced. I am after Jim to get it done before the bad weather sets in. What if it goes out, when we have an ice storm, and they can't get up the high hill to our house to fix it?

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:23 AM | Locked

gini:
good news, the crazy woman is getting evicted from the room upstairs, so i get another room to spread into.   it's going to happen january 1, there abouts.   i can't wait to get my sewing machines into a room with windows that overlook something besides roofs.   this is so exciting.  i can now start the hunt for a long arm.

Woo, hoo - exciting news, Gini!  Start the hunt for a long arm?  Don't you mean bag the prey and bring it home?  You've already been test driving a bunch of them, haven't you?  Do you have a favorite model at this point?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:27 AM | Locked

Patti:

First I am going to the neighbor's house to shower and take some containers for water with me.   No snow yet to melt, and want to keep those toilets flushing!   Hopefully the well will be prepared before Thanksgiving.  If not the neighbor who is going to be away says we can use his house for our company and our dinner. 

Oh, no!  I must have missed your original posting about the well going out.  Hopefully it's just the pump and not the whole well.  It sounds like you have an extra special neighbor!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:32 AM | Locked

Barbara your round robin is stunning! Great job Ladies!

Gini, I'm jealous. Congradulations on the new space. I hope the crazy lady is out when she's supposed to be and doesn't leave you any nast suprises.

Patti, I hope you have water soon. It's good that you have generous and thoughtful neighbors.

Sprout has to go in for his 6 month check-up and boosters today. Poor guy is still a bit boogery, and the shots always make him miserable for a few days. I'm afraid his first Thanksgiving just  isn't gonna be all that happy for him.

I stopped off at the county health office yesterday and got cornered by a nurse giving whooping cough vaccines. Now my shoulder is ouchy.  But DH is tender too so I guess I shouldn't whine.

I gotta start putting the house in order for the holiday invasion today. I don't know if it'll stay neat and tidy for 2 days. The kids have tomorrow off, so it's doubtful...but Dang it all, I'm gonna give it a try anyway!  Tomorrow I'll be doing all the prep work : Baking pies, making side dishes; brining the bird, etc.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:32 AM | Locked

Frances:

Arent you just being greedy after all you can only use one at a time (well i can).

i have a little elf that joins me sewing once in a while.   i have 6 machines, soon to be 5,  i am giving one to my daughter.

i like my designer so much, that i want to find a good used one for back up

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:36 AM | Locked

patti, what a pain about your well.  i missed your post,  is it the pump?   we're on city water and i don't have to worry about water issues.

nancy, it has been nearly two years since i test drove a long arm,  it pays to give them all another look-see.  my favorite was the innova,  i was surprised at how far the handi-quilter had improved.  i may want to get a used one.  so many possibilities

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:38 AM | Locked

gini:
it pays to give them all another look-see

Shopping around should be fun!  What's the next big quilt show you can go to - big enough that all the vendors will be there?  Or will you try to buy from a dealer somewhat close to home?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:55 AM | Locked

we don't have big quilt shows close, so i'm thinking maybe the one in santa clara next fall. it is  a wonderful show.  the closest innova dealer when i was looking  last, was in st. george, utah.

CC, i had my whooping cough booster 2 weeks ago and i still have a bit of a lump left,  my arm hurt for a week.   since i'm around little bruin, i thought sam and i both needed one.

the crazy lady came into sam's office last week and jumped down his throat.    she had left two boards just inside the front door 6 months ago,  just recently they have disappeared.   she accused sam of stealing her boards.  he laughed, and told her abondoned boards were fair game.  when i talked with our landlady, i asked about the boards.   she said, "hell ya, i moved them, i got tired of tripping over them.   if she moves out without any fuss, on time, i might give them back to her."  mystery solved.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 10:15 AM | Locked

Thea, could this be espageal spasms? They hurt between the breasts, go up through the neck and constrict the back of the throat Does that discribe you pain?

Barbara, have you seen that domestic machine quilting on Quilting is My Therapy blog??? Amazing.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 10:28 AM | Locked

Sounds like the pump.  It is 11 years past warranty, so we have been lucky to have it last this long.  They will replace it tomorrow.   Or find out if it is something else.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 11:31 AM | Locked

Sukochi.No I have not seen this ,were is it.? Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 228 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 226 227 228 229 230 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use