Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 227 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 225 226 227 228 229 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,406
Points 415,664
gini replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:24 PM | Locked

kelly, i have a viking  designer 1  and a sapphire.   i love both of the machines.   if i could find a used designer 1 cheap i would have another one for back up.  viking make good machines.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,406
Points 415,664
gini replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:35 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
What kind of dental surgery takes place back by the uvula?

3rd molar extractions.

MNnancy:
With all the skiing you do at high altitudes, have you and Sam managed to avoid skin cancer woes?

they keep whittling away at sam's ear, bit by bit.   i have some scaly patches, but nothing they are interested in yet.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,365
Points 242,482
Thea replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 11:00 PM | Locked

Barbara - your quilt is awesome - I love it - can't wait to see you quilt it!!!  I am more excited then ever to do the Round Robin now - just have to figure out my centerpiece...teehee...

Was a quiet day - I did some shopping - not much and then came home and rested most of the day... DH came home and I had him help me finish up cleaning the pool table room and got the floor polished.  he got the foot down on the old lazy boy in the front room and got Mom's pictures hung...she didn't even say thank you - but then what did I expect... 

Chest pain was back with a vengeance this morning and I didn't do anything yesterday so think my idea of why it is here may be wrong.  I have 8 more days of the Prilosec before I say - nope didn't work... I'll call the base tomorrow and have an appointment for next week waiting ... I am exhausted and just have no energy... but it will get better... I have a thanksgiving day dinner to prepare - good thing I have it down to a science - a little at a time - all prep work before hand and then you just throw it all in the oven and wahlah - done... I don't have my cooker this year as I gave it to the kids last year so the oven will be doing double duty - no biggie - been there before too... 

Well, going to take some meds and go to bed tonight... getting sleepy...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,365
Points 242,482
Thea replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 11:02 PM | Locked

One last thought before I go - besides warm quilty hugz to all - I got this new catalog - all female stuff and in it was this plaque to put on the wall - a very nice plaque - read it to DH and he said buy that for DDIL - it says QUEEN OF FRICKIN' EVERYTHING... teehee - she'll get a kick out of it!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 11:08 PM | Locked

Thea

Have you considered that your pain may be smooth muscle spasm related to stress.   I know that I had problems with that when mom was living with us.   It took me a long time to cooralate the pain to times when mom had irritated me over something.   It took a long time to start having the problem so I think it came about as an effect of the cummulation of lots of little things and lots of big things all adding up over time.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,406
Points 415,664
gini replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 11:44 PM | Locked

our landlady stopped in today while i was quilting,  the room was a total mess, dang.   good news, the crazy woman is getting evicted from the room upstairs, so i get another room to spread into.   it's going to happen january 1, there abouts.   i can't wait to get my sewing machines into a room with windows that overlook something besides roofs.   this is so exciting.  i can now start the hunt for a long arm.  i get a bigger design wall.  many possibilites opening up.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 11:53 PM | Locked

Woo hoo gini... So happy for you!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 6:50 AM | Locked

Wow Barbara that quilt is delicious eye candy!  I'm curious when you do a round robin, do you send some pieces of fabric with it if you want them incorporated in, do you say which color you love or which ones you hate, or is it all up to the next person to put what her creativity tells her or hin to do?.

now with all your free motion practice this quilt will truly be amazing. I just can't wait!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:01 AM | Locked

Kelly, I have a Huskarvana-Viking and I love it. I have the Sapphire which has a wider throat and is primarily the one I use for everything.  I have even quilted a few queen size quilts on it.  They are very well made machines.

just my opinion.  Good luck in your decision making.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:06 AM | Locked

Congratulations on gaining new space.  Isn't it true that we never have enough quilting space? I try tu keep my mess to one room, but oh my it's hard...lol

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:17 AM | Locked

Kelley:

YW Spudgrandma..

I dont really use my New Home anymore and the Viking is like 10 years newer and she only tried to use it once and it was too complicated for her...

I dont really need another sewing machine.. ( Did I just say that?)... tee hee... but she was telling me how she told her husband a few years back to get her a new sewing machine and he came home with the Viking 730 and she wont use it cause it too much for her..lol...her machine has sat in its case and almost never been used, but my 7500 was lovingly used by me for over 15 years....

Kelley,

I have to say i would trade, i have a very old Bernina 830 record (works like a dream) and a Husqvarna rose I love both but the thing i love about the Husqvarna is i can keep adding bits to it, i still dont use all the bits it does but i brought it secondhand and its a real joy to have. Now im trying to find a Husqvarna second hand for my neice for her Christmas present.

Good luck.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:18 AM | Locked

gini:

kelly, i have a viking  designer 1  and a sapphire.   i love both of the machines.   if i could find a used designer 1 cheap i would have another one for back up.  viking make good machines.

Gini,

Arent you just being greedy after all you can only use one at a time (well i can).

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:30 AM | Locked

Thanks Angele, No I just ask then to try and stay with the them of the center. Everyone does really well trying to do this on all of the quilts . If you go to the RR goru[p and look in the media section you can see all of the quilts and then you will understand.  All the ladies do a fabulous job on thier quilts. there are some beauities to see.Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:32 AM | Locked

Thea, Thanks  yeah this will be the biggest quilt I've ever done. I'll be intrested to see how it goes myself LOL   I have to wiat until next month to get it sandwiched , The ladies of my guild will hlep me todo this ,they are great ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:33 AM | Locked

Kelly ,thank you .for your kind words.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 227 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 225 226 227 228 229 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use