Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 226 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 224 225 226 227 228 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 2:52 PM | Locked

gini:
your stitches will come out easily.   that was one of the tensest parts of my working,  taking out the doc's stitches.  they were always way back by the uvula, with overgrown tissue, no anesthetic, and working in a mirror

What kind of dental surgery takes place back by the uvula?  I suppose those back molars almost reach that far.  It's the no anesthetic part that has me a bit worried.  Hopefully whoever does it has a gentle touch.  With all the skiing you do at high altitudes, have you and Sam managed to avoid skin cancer woes?  It's amazing how many people I've talked to now that tell me about their basal cell, squamous cell, and melanoma experiences.  I guess it's nearly an epidemic.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 5:42 PM | Locked

Well, DH and I have been rearranging the kitchen counters then played 2 games of cards and had dinner. Now, I'm getting my mail down -- taking forever, but got a wonderful email from fabshohop saying I won a $10.00 gift certificate from the September Hop... I so happy, I really need that.

Hope your week is running smoothly. I'm planning Thursday dinner. Plans are to stay home and just have on friend over for turkey so there will just be the 3 of us.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

xoxoxo

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:05 PM | Locked

Ms MoomMist:
Plans are to stay home and just have on friend over for turkey so there will just be the 3 of us.

Just 2 at our house this year, so I bought a smaller turkey, and darn if it isn't thawed already.  I think we may celebrate Thanksgiving on Wednesday and have leftovers on Thursday.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:27 PM | Locked

Barbara:

WOW Debbie  wish I could find sales like that here .How do you find out about these? You did good girl ..Barbara

Barb, check out www.estatesales.net   It's a national site but not all areas use it.  Sure is worth a try!  Patience is important too.  If you get listings in your area you can sign up for email notifications so whenever one is added you'll know or... you can be OCD like me and check it 7 times a week because sometimes a new sale will be added at the last minute.  Most of the companies who do the sales around here mark everything 50% off on the last day which is the day I typically go.  I figure if I'm shopping for things I don't really need I might as well pay as little as possible!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:37 PM | Locked

Thanks Debbie, I check this out . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,326
Points 27,965
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 7:06 PM | Locked

Ms MoomMist:
got a wonderful email from fabshohop saying I won a $10.00 gift certificate from the September Hop...
Congrats,  I also got one today.  I used it to by some backing for a quilt I am doing.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 7:27 PM | Locked

I don't know if anynie even read what I said this a.m. Want to add a foot note. Kasey lost her baby tonight. I knew it, yesterday. It wasn't anyones fault, I just knew, it would happen. God works in mysterious ways. So, before you go to sleeptonight,  say a prayer for heaven's newest angel.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 7:32 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
say a prayer for heaven's newest angel.

That is so sad, so sorry to hear it.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,790
Frances replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 8:48 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Hi all ,I recieved my round robin quilt bak to day and i wanted to share with all of you just how beautiful it is.  this quilt is huge 109,sq in.  I want to thank Stefikay ,Nana, Kathy and Joined for making this quilt look fantastic.  I had to take it outside to get a picture it is so big .If you click on the picture you can see it better.

Barbara,

Your quilt is beautiful, and of course its huge if Nana had anything to do with it, i often have visions of Nanas house with all these giant beds in it.

It is really stunning all of the ladies have done wonderful work.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 8:52 PM | Locked

Thank You everyone for all your kind comments on my beautiful quilt .  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 9:15 PM | Locked

Wow .. very pretty quilt Barbra... If it needs a home...lol...

I was wondering if anyone has ever had a Viking Platinum 730 Sewing machine?

My friend has one and she doesnt want the complicated thing and just wants something simple, I was thinking of trading her for my Janome 7500. I have never owned a Viking and I am not sure what to do....

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 9:18 PM | Locked

Kelly, Vikings are good machines, I have owned 3 over the years but not that model. I have a Janome 6600 now and love it. Not much help here. LOL

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 9:26 PM | Locked

Thanks anyway Spudgrandma...I have had, New Home, Janome , Brother and Gammill... Not a Viking...

BTW.. Welcome back I am so glad you are feeling better..

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 9:35 PM | Locked

Thank you so much Kelley, I'm glad to be back.

BTW, did you compare the features between your machine and the Viking? I would not give up any features that I liked just to trade.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 9:51 PM | Locked

YW Spudgrandma..

I dont really use my New Home anymore and the Viking is like 10 years newer and she only tried to use it once and it was too complicated for her...

I dont really need another sewing machine.. ( Did I just say that?)... tee hee... but she was telling me how she told her husband a few years back to get her a new sewing machine and he came home with the Viking 730 and she wont use it cause it too much for her..lol...her machine has sat in its case and almost never been used, but my 7500 was lovingly used by me for over 15 years....

Page 226 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 224 225 226 227 228 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use