Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 222 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 220 221 222 223 224 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,328
Points 241,657
Thea replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 12:04 PM | Locked

CC  - looks adorable to me - are you selling any yet?  

Melissa - those scissors that are ruined - if they are gingher and you send them to them - with a SASE for the return they fix them for free - I don't worry anymore about my gingher scissors - send them they come back fixed and sharpened...

Woke to horrendous pain today - my own fault - i was working on Rita's quilt all day yesterday - I did take breaks but really had forgotten to set up the area and was constantly fluffing and stuffing to get it to feed through my machine - it is a rather big quilt too and quite heavy... so I will pay for a few hours today - hopefully not the whole day - but have DH setting up the room so I can put the back part of my table up which I usually do but with the space heater there right now I thought it wouldn't matter... well when I woke up with pain everywhere I knew - I should be smarter then this by now - knowing my arthritis issues - oh well - I live and learn another hard lesson... not even sure if I will be out of my chair today... between the chest pain still there and the aches just everywhere today... I am toasty warm though...teehee... and I do have football and a nascar race to watch.

Unbelievable that last week DH and I were watching those great movies and the Nascar race was great... Who would think that Jeff Gordon would do what he did - about time though that he didn't allow them to walk over him - enough of this sweet nice guy - it all boiled up - we have all been there - well I have - guess I shouldn't speak for everyone... the race this week will probably be boring again - not that fighting is interesting but it might have been...teehee...

Hoping everyone has a relaxing week with the holiday almost upon us - have to get my turkey out of the freezer and start gathering my supplies and schedule what I am going to prepare each day so Thursday is no problem... I have to check and see if I need to make bread crumbs or if I have enough - other then that I think I am set... 

warm quilty hugz - well not able to squeeze today - but virtually I can do anything...teehee

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 12:16 PM | Locked

chocake2:
I was able to get a little time with my torch. I made another thimble ( which came out ugly) and some Christmas theme beads 

I don't think it is is ugly CC, it is very cute.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,273
Points 28,855
Agnes replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 12:24 PM | Locked

Engagements--I won't go into the whole story of actually being pushed together by mutual friends for our first date. Because by that point we were living something like 5 to 6 hours apart there weren't many dates. Our actual courtship memories therefore go by weekends. First weekend in Sept, first date. Next weekend was mid Oct. Just before leaving he told me that the next weekend--Remembrance Day (Veteran's Day for American's) would be a day to remember. He proposed on the 11th but it was very evident that it was on his mind the entire time. It was out in his car on the staff hotel parking lot where I lived, out under the stars. He then asked for my ring type preference which I received at Christmastime. We went to his family home where, other than his Mother and one brother, no one knew he was even dating, never mind bringing home a fiance. They were wondering whether he would ever find a soul mate. My parents didn't meet him till end of March when we arranged for them to come from the west coast to visit other family as well. First date was 45 years ago. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 12:28 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Marie:

Sukochi, now you have my interest, do tell?  Toilet?  Both of you?

Thought that might get a comment or two. We were at a party, a very crowded party. Too loud to get a word in edge wise. So, he took my hand, led me into the bathroom, sat on the closed tiolet, pulled me down onto his lap, and said "Will you marry me?". I just laughed so hard!! I mean really? On the toilet??   and I looked him in the eye and said.........YES". 

Well that is way better than the way it sounded originally, but I'm not sure I'm getting rid of the mental picture any time soon. :)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 12:30 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
I don't think it is is udly

CC, could I see a picture of this? I have never seen UDLY before.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 12:33 PM | Locked

Thea:
Thea wrote the following post at Sun, Nov 18 2012 11:04 AM:

CC  - looks adorable to me - are you selling any yet?  

Thanks... but remember the pic only shows the 'good' side. LOL Yes, I've sold a couple, but they really are not that good. I need more practice!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 12:37 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
LaJuan Sukochi Lee wrote the following post at Sun, Nov 18 2012 11:30 AM:

Spudgrandma:
I don't think it is is udly

CC, could I see a picture of this? I have never seen UDLY before.

That would be UDderly ugLY, Sukochi. Thanks Spud. An excellent description if ther ever was one!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 12:41 PM | Locked

Ok you two, I have a hard enough time getting my fingers to do what I want and my hubby was talking to me while I was typing so I did not catch the typo... And, it is still not udly or ugly! :)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 2:04 PM | Locked

I just wanted to say thank you to you all for all your kind thoughts, hugs and prayers, it has meant so much to me.

We are doing okay it will take time but everything will be okay, it wont be the same but it will be okay.

Nana, i wish you so much good luck for your Operation, hugs and prayers go with you.

Thea, please take good care of yourself you are one in a million, so look after yourself.

Once again everyone a big thank you.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,723
Points 66,475
Bonita replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 2:09 PM | Locked

Happy Birthday Ginny and Elaine. Do something special just for yourself.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 4:09 PM | Locked

Is it ok to tell you what I was up to yesterday??  :o)   Estate Sales!!!  They both advertised lots of quilter's cotton but the one I went to first also had 5 high end machines and a closet full of  quilting books  Had to wait outside in line for at least an hour for the first one and the serger I'd hoped to find was already gone but I did do some damage at the book shelf!  I ended up with 25 quilting books for $20!  One of them I had just recently bought for my secret Santa giftee, one was a birthday present for a friend in August... there were several I left behind because I already have them!  One book I discovered was actually three, bound together, each with a dvd and each autographed by the author, Karen McTavish!  I think there are about 8 by Anne Bright with nothing but FMQ continuous stitching designs.

And then there's the fabric... I ended up with about 60 yards all together.  I'm pretty sure that what was out at the second sale  was leftovers from that huge sale I went to about a year ago.  I also picked up 12 pretty full cards of embelshment/couching yarns.  My checking account is only about $115 lighter after all that plus a few other items!

I love estate sales!!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 4:14 PM | Locked

Debbie, I have tried to follow in your footsteps, but I just never find those kind of estate sales around here.  I swear Minnesota women are buried with their fabric!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 4:19 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:
My checking account is only about $115 lighter after all that plus a few other items!

Wow Debbie, Christmas came early for you!! WTG

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 4:21 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:
I love estate sales!!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 4:24 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
 I swear Minnesota women are buried with their fabric!

That is too funny!

Page 222 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 220 221 222 223 224 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use