Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 219 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 217 218 219 220 221 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 2:47 PM | Locked

Happy Anniversary Nana, I put the date on my calendar for your surgery.  I hope and pray that it solves your problems.  Have a fun day!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 2:53 PM | Locked

I got up and sat around for what seems like hours and then finished the last 3 parts of BOM for Craftsy and all the blocks are done now - Now I have to figure out how I am going to put them together.  They might be up on that design wall for a while - I am making this quilt up for my DGD - her next birthday is next July - so maybe I'll have it completed by then.

I picked up some quilting books next to my chair today.  I had decided to do the Round Robin this time so between pulling books down to give me some inspiration for that and I had all my Sunbonnet Sue books down.. and some machine quilting books... when I counted them up a few minutes ago I had over 50 books down...Oh my it is a huge stack... fun to look through in the evenings though when Mishka takes over my machine...

I posted this picture over in did you quilt today too - As you can see I was busily quilting SS#1 at this time... He just came and plunked himself down... I looked over at DH and he told me that he guessed that Mishka was telling me I was done for the night... little stinker... and he is heavy to try and pick up - I believe I gave up and turned the machine off that night...teehee

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 3:21 PM | Locked

Sweet story you have Margaret!

Barbara, I'm glad it worked out even if you had to forego a  dinner out in favor of working plumbing.

Gini, I can't imagine you without Sam, so it's appropriate that you met so young.

Marie, you'd better get cracking! 'Tell you what, when you find a nice boytoy to get you pregnant, I'll dig out the shotgun and make sure he does right by you!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 3:24 PM | Locked

I know what I am doing now for the rest of the day!!!  The mail man came and here I was thinking the thread I ordered to quilt Rita's quilt wouldn't be here till next week and I could get SS#2 done - well guess what - ordered and received in 3 days - WOW... I pulled it down off the hanger and it is at the machine ready for me to wind a bobbin and get to quilting... warming up and getting ready - where is the football game or tennis match or Nascar race to help me have something to listen to while I quilt...teehee

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,120
Karla replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 3:26 PM | Locked

I think our dog Kaci must have wanted out in the middle of the night.  I though she just wanted up on the bed, but the floor of my quilting room tells me otherwise.     So the morning was spent moving things out of the room, cleaning up the mess and steam cleaning the carpet.  I will try to remember to close the door to that room from now on...she actually hid behind  the quilting frame so had to move that too.

What a disaster.  So I was going to quilt on the Marine quilt today, but now I have to wait for the carpet to dry.  She is not in my good graces right now.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 4:01 PM | Locked

Happy Anniversary Nana and Lewis.   And many more.  Bob and I celebrated 44 years in Aug.  Boy, we wondered where the time went.  Seems like 1 year, not 44.  There hasn't been a dull moment thru it all.  I always say that we've had our good and bad times.   But getting thru the bad times together, makes the good times even better. 

Live, Love, and Laugh,

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 5:13 PM | Locked

Karla:
She is not in my good graces right now.

Kaci's mom - Kaci did not want to do her job in your quilting room.  I've met her and she is well-behaved dog (and a good driver).  She tried to tell you that she needed to go out, but you misunderstood her.  Please don't be mad.

~Calley

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 5:22 PM | Locked

MNNancy... i was shopping at the beauty supply store today and found myself thinking of you...

Sorry, couldn't resist :o}   xo

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 5:54 PM | Locked

too funny - and shame on you - teehee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:13 PM | Locked

CC

My Story....oh my....DH and I met when I was in the 9th grade at a basketball game.  About a year later we started dating.  I don't remember him ever actually "preposing".   We got married when I was a senior in high school.  He had graduated in June and we got married in Nov.   Of course everyone thought I had to be pregnant.   The pregnancy was the longest in history....18 months...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:21 PM | Locked

Gini

Your story is really funny.  You and Sam have never had a dull moment.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:31 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
What???  You're hoping to get pregnant by a man older than you???   Only you, Marie!

What did I say Nancy, Spud, and CC?  

My mother wasn't pregnant they just wanted to run away and get married and my grandfather and his posse made sure that happened after all they were gone overnight and they surely didn't play cards all night.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:39 PM | Locked

Marie:

MNnancy:
What???  You're hoping to get pregnant by a man older than you???   Only you, Marie!

What did I say Nancy, Spud, and CC? 

In response to gini's story about her shotgun wedding, you said:

Marie:
I'm still waiting for something that exciting to happen to me personally, running out of time.  :  )

So we made the natural assumption that you wanted to get pregnant and have a shotgun wedding... :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:54 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
So we made the natural assumption that you wanted to get pregnant and have a shotgun wedding... :)

Thanks Spud, I guess that should have read "I'm still waiting for something exciting to happen to me ............" and left out "that".  

Sorry Nancy, you being a teacher and all.  :  )

CC, what can I say, I do that sort of thing all the time, that is throw an extra word in where it doesn't belong.  My kids tell me that all the time.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:59 PM | Locked

Karla, this is exactly the reason why, I keep a baby gate across the opening to my sewing room. The cat, Kitty, can jump over (she sleeps in my chair) but the dog, Lily, can't.

Been a great day. Have a good night and sleep well. Tomorrow is Sunday. Have our church clothes ready and my sewing plans, for the afternoon, planned out.

Sukochi

Page 219 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 217 218 219 220 221 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use