Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 218 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 216 217 218 219 220 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 10:20 AM | Locked

Nana:
Today is Lewis and my 39th anniversary.

Happy Anniversary Nana, I hope you have a wonderful day and many more happy years.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100
Margaret Weber replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 10:41 AM | Locked

I met my DH on the intenet.  Funny becaue that is not something typical for me, but I do not trust people and always hated trying to met a guy.  I had only been involved with one other guy and he ended up breaking my heart, so I was content with staying single.  Then in March 0f 2007 my world was shaken when I was finally diagnosed with pulmonary artial hypertension and found out all the grim details of this disease.  I had been a a few of the lesser known dating websties, but would just delete the emails form men, most of them sounded crazy.

So on June 2, 2007, my birthday I recieved an email from a man in Tampa, Florida, I read the email, re-read the email and almost deleted it because it sounded to good to be true.  I decided to let the email sit for a few days, then I answered it.  It was the best thing I ever did.  We emailed for awhie and then we started talking on the phone as well.  At this time mind you I was living with my parents because I was helping to care for my mom who is wheelchair bound and my dads health was not the best.  So while I was trying to keep the relationship quiet for awhile it was almost impossible, especially if you factor in that my best friend and her daughters where living in the house as well.  My mom had started to think something was up, I wasn't worried there as her speech is limited, but then her sister butted her nose into things and I had to tell the family sooner than I wanted.  My parents were happy, my mom's sister and mom tried to cause trouble, my best friend was happy but sad as she had just moved back to Montana and wanted to spend time with me.  All I knew was that I was quickly falling in love with a man I hadn'y even met face to face yet.

So December 8th, 2007 DH flews me to Florida to met him in person.  Mind you, we had been emailing each other several times a day and having lengthy conversations on the phone for six months.  Well at the time I did not know this but my brother had been trying to convince my dad to have our uncle who worked at NSA to investigate DH.  When I heard this I laughed, they could have had our uncle check DH out, all he wuold have found ws that at one time DH had work for NSA.  My brother was playing the prtective younger brother which I adore.

I spent the best week in Florida ever, we spent the first couple of days just getting to know each other, he introdueced me to the neighbors, we went to church together.  Then we went to Disney World, which we consider our first date, we over over to the east coast of Florida where I met his dad and he met my aunt and uncle.  I met his aunt and cousins one day.  The whole trip went way too fast and I did not want to go back home.  I left Florida unofficially engaged.

I say unofficial because he wanted to propose properly, getting my dad's permission.  Mind you I was 36 and did not nned permission but I  loved that he wanted to propose that way.  So Valentine's Day 2008, he flew to Montana to met my family anf propose. Now proposing on Valentine's Day sets a really high standard for future Valentine's Days.  I hated when he had to go back to Florida but at least I knew that by June we would be married and be together.  We were supposed to get married at the end of May, but there was a possibility that he would be going back to Iraq in May, so were moved up the Wedding to April.  I was happy the wedding was moved up but terrified that he would go to Iraq so soon after we were married.  No he is not military but a civiilian who had already spent two and a half years over there doing reconstruction.  Thankfully, he got a job promotion that put him in a managment position and his boss needed him in Florida.  It will be 5 years in April and the best thing that ever happened.

Margaret

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,532
Points 51,090
Ginny replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 11:06 AM | Locked

Wow Margaret, what a tale.  I know you have let some of this out before, but never the whole story.  That is magical. That is great.  I think you 2 were just destined for each other.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 11:16 AM | Locked

Nana, Happy Anniversary!  Enjoy your day with your girls and let DH have a few bites now and then.  Remember your QCA buddies will be with you through every minute of your surgery and recovery....we all love ya'  {{{hugs}}}

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 11:28 AM | Locked

Margaret, this IS magical. I am thinking, as I read, about my younger siste, who found her dates through one of the online dating sites. She went ot Oregon to spend a week with a guy who turned out to be a dangerous, scary guy. needlass to say,, she came home quickly. So glad, you found happness in your life online.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 11:54 AM | Locked

I agree with Ginny and Sukochi, your story is quite magical Margaret.  I'm happy yours worked out so wonderfully for you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 11:56 AM | Locked

Ok, I'm making progress on the labels. I have such a hard time with the writing - but, I did get one of them done and will do another one in a little while. Another overcast day here, the sun was shining this morning early, but it did not last long. :(

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 640
tidesout replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 11:58 AM | Locked

Making apple jelly today.  Want to get it finished so I can get in and finishing the quilting on my latest.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 12:03 PM | Locked

Hi tidesout and it is nice to meet you. I hope you get to work on your quilt. I bet your house smells wonderful with the apple jelly, I love the smell of apples.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,407
Points 415,669
gini replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 12:45 PM | Locked

happy anniversary, nana and lewis. 

sam moved to idaho when i was in the fourth grade, he was fifth.   he fell in love with me right then and there, and chased me for the next 7 years until somehow i got pregnant?   we had a shotgun wedding.   scary.   my dad, uncle and preacher were all drunk as skunks waiting for MIL to show up.    auntie was sharing her happy pills with mom.  sam and i looked at each other and shrugged as the wobbly preacher tried to string the  wedding vows together in one semi-coherent sentence.  life has been a breeze since then.  :  )

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,538
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 12:59 PM | Locked

Margaret, what a beautiful love story to cherish.  God Bless you both, I'm so glad I met you both in Florida, now I feel I was a little bit part of your lives.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 1:03 PM | Locked

gini:
and chased me for the next 7 years until somehow i got pregnant?

And you still have not figured this out???? LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,538
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 1:12 PM | Locked

gini:
we had a shotgun wedding.   scary

Gini, I've heard your story before, puts a smile on my face when I think about it.  Why you ask....When my mother was 16 she and my dad ran away from MA to RI to get married.  Her father got up a posse and with ammunition they traveled to RI and made sure they did get married.  My father would have been tossed in jail since he was 20 something and she was a minor.  He robbed the cradle everyone said.  They were together til death did they part and had 7 children and many grands and great grands so I guess shot gun weddings do last.  I'm still waiting for something that exciting to happen to me personally, running out of time.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 2:10 PM | Locked

Marie:
I'm still waiting for something that exciting to happen to me personally, running out of time.  :  )

What???  You're hoping to get pregnant by a man older than you???   Only you, Marie!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 2:22 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Marie:
I'm still waiting for something that exciting to happen to me personally, running out of time.  :  )

What???  You're hoping to get pregnant by a man older than you???   Only you, Marie!

Exactly what I was thinking Nancy lol

Page 218 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 216 217 218 219 220 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use