Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 217 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 215 216 217 218 219 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:00 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Nana:
I will be sure to follow all my post op instructions and discuss post op with my dr.

How soon might this happen, Nancy?  Please keep us in the loop.  Continued prayers...

Nancy

Surgery is scheduled for Nov 28.   I will do my best to keep everyone updated.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:05 AM | Locked

Today is Lewis and my 39th anniversary.   Doesn't seem like it has been that many years.   We haven't planned anything special today.   I just want to make Christmas candy since I won't be able to make any after Thanksgiving.   Making hard candy and truffles and peanut butter balls....yum.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 140
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,531
Points 51,085
Ginny replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:20 AM | Locked

Happy Anniversary to you and Hubby, Nana.    Do you have a surgery date?  I am praying that everything goes well for your upcoming surgery.  I know several people that have had that surgery with success.  I am keeping you in my prayers.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418
Stephanie replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:55 AM | Locked

Nana:
Today is Lewis and my 39th anniversary.

Happy Anniversary Nana and Lewis!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:12 AM | Locked

Nana A BIG HAPPY ANNIVERSARY  to you and Lewis.  You can send some of that candy this way ,,LOL  Just kidden  ,have fun  always makes the house smell so good ....Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,396
Points 175,408
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:17 AM | Locked

Happy Anniversary Nana and Lewis!  The first 39 are the hardest, it's a piece of cake from now on.  :  )  You two be good to each other and give each other a big hug from one who made it to 50 years.  The last four years have been very lonesome without Jack for me.

Nana, forget the candy making, you tell Lewis to take you out to a nice dinner and tip a glass to each other in celebration of 39 years.  And tell him I said so!  Or else!  :  )

I love you girl!  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,456
Points 40,815
Mimi replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:17 AM | Locked

Nana:
I just want to make Christmas candy

Wow, Nana.  You are the ultimate overachiever.  Candy, quilting, is there anything you don't do?  I'll be keeping you in my T & P's for later in the month.  And Happy, Happy 39th anniversary. I'm sure you will make it memorable.  Congratulations to you and DH.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:24 AM | Locked

Marie

He wanted to take me to dinner....LOL>    I really want to make my candy.   Doing the candy and cookie making has always been very special to me.   Since I won't be able to do any baking after surgery I want to do some before.  It has always been my time with my girls.   Those times is what make the holidays special to me.   I can have dinner out anytime.  

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:32 AM | Locked

Nana:

Today is Lewis and my 39th anniversary.   Doesn't seem like it has been that many years.   We haven't planned anything special today.   I just want to make Christmas candy since I won't be able to make any after Thanksgiving.   Making hard candy and truffles and peanut butter balls....yum.

Nana, have the best anniversery ever. It is a special time to celebrate the love that has lasted all that time.

I just want to EAT Christmas candy. But, that is not gonna happen yet.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,396
Points 175,408
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:40 AM | Locked

Nana:
  It has always been my time with my girls.   Those times is what make the holidays special to me.   I can have dinner out anytime.

Nana, you are right about dinner and having the girls with you when you're making candy would be special, didn't know they'd be with you.  Have fun and make some special memories with the girls and I bet Lewis is also content having his girls getting together.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:40 AM | Locked

Happy Anniversary Nancy and Lewis!

Wow...I just realized that while you two were celebratingyour 18th, Dh was cooking up a way to propose to me. Time sure flies. It makes me smile when I think of it...first his very clumsy efforts to find out if I'd even consider the notion, and then my Mom's reaction when I told her. He was dropping me off after our 5th date (yes #5) and asked "So...ummm... If I were to ask you to make this a perminent thing...?" I replied "I think you'd probably get a possitive answer."  "Oh. 'Guess  I'll get you a ring then."   *Sigh* Such romance!  I get all aflutter thinking of it! lol

The next morning I put in my daily call to my Mom and said "What would you say if I told you I were engaged. "  Silence....      More silence... "Mom?"  (you'll love this!)   "... To whom??"     

I guess, looking back on it, I can understand her confusion. Hubby and I hadn't exactly been an exclusive item for those first few dates, and had only really gotten serious after Halloween when the other guy I'd occasionally been out with scared the living BeJeepers out of me. And of course, Dh lived on the far side of the state, so most of our relationship was formed by good ol snail mail. Mom used to tease us that I was a Mail-order bride. 

Of course, my dad freaked. Not only was I running off and marrying a guy with no prospects,  whom he'd only met once, but he was nearly 2ce my age.  It was almost too much for the ol'man to handle!  He called in the neighbor guy to help run off the that cradle-robbing pervert!! 'Didn't do any good. J. liked Dh. So Dad tried to get his brothers to do it. My Uncles also thought I had made a great choice... Poor, Pop. He was too spineless to fight the battle himself and couldn't raise an army to help him. In later years, he was mighty glad he didn't get that war off the ground, I think.

So...What's your story?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:42 AM | Locked

WEll I guess I best get off here and go get started , my quilts won't quilt themselves LOL    Have two to do .one for my SS and one for Marie . The Sandy Quilts I'm doing ,i only have one set of blocks recieved  so don't have enough to start those yet.  Today it is suppose to be really nice so maybe I can open a window and let in some fresh air , and I have all those college football games to watch , So guess I'll  be busy,, Hope you all have a great weekend and chat at ca  later on..       

Nana,I can smell those goodies clear out here  in Missouri ...LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,396
Points 175,408
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:53 AM | Locked

I knew it CC, your life was always interesting!  Your story and Gini's win the prize so far.  Boy, I've led a completely boring life from the get-go, happy but no excitement.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:54 AM | Locked

CC, I have been married three times , divorced my first has he was a drunk and abusive,  He proposed on out thrid  date and I sent him packing ,should have kept it that way,LOL .He is my sons father so I did get one thing good out of it. 

My second husband who I was married to for 18 years  passed away . but when he ask me  we had been loving together for awhile ,On  New years Eve of out second year ,he ask me . All the kids were gone and he said ," Well I really think we should go head and just get married, I was gonna take you out to dinner and ask ,but we spent the money on the new toliet.".. Yeah no kidden he really said that.  LOL  We had a good marrigae ,he had two kids and I had one. We didn't have any with each other.

Then I meet Don. Now that 's a story that would take some time to tell . We were together for five  years  before he ask me .  but then he did and we had six good years together before he passed away as well  I'm stopping at three.  Can't deal with any more...LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,396
Points 175,408
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 10:03 AM | Locked

Barbara:
" Well I really think we should go head and just get married, I was gonna take you out to dinner and ask ,but we spent the money on the new toliet."

ROFLOL, too funny, Barbara!

Millbury, MA

Page 217 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 215 216 217 218 219 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use