Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 216 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 214 215 216 217 218 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:53 PM | Locked

Thea

Thanks for the prayers.  My surgeon does recommend PT but he prefers to wait at least a couple weeks post surgery to give the screws and appliances time to adhere to the bone.  He recommends getting in lots of walking and general movements until PT.   I keep second guessing myself until I have moments like a few minutes ago.  I was putting on my PJs and something cracked in my neck and a sharp pain shot all the way down my right arm with continued pain in the shoulder and neck.  This just makes me feel that something in the neck is 100% stable.  That scares me as much as the surgery.   I will be sure to follow all my post op instructions and discuss post op with my dr.  I have had lots of talks with God on this one and feel that he is guiding me toward surgery.   I try to follow where he leads.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:02 PM | Locked

Nana:
Wish I could have been there with you guys.

Me too...{{{Hugs}}}

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:05 PM | Locked

i wish everyone could have been there iwth us.  we had a delish  lunch and visit.   it was great to see donna and patti, and i got to go shopping with jacy.  it was a very nice day.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:07 PM | Locked

Nana:
I have had lots of talks with God on this one and feel that he is guiding me toward surgery.   I try to follow where he leads.

I'm sure you will make the right decision Nana...continuing prayers (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:18 PM | Locked

i got to sew on my harry potter today.  another block done.   princess spent the night and brother got dropped off for an hour this morning.  the parents kept them out of school because of lice.  admin saw to a deep cleaning of the school last night and the kids had to bring everything home and have it laundered.  so princess got stripped and tossed in the tub as soon as she arrived last night, and all her school stuff got tossed in the washer.   then she insisted i comb her hair and look for nits, even though i checked it before her bath.  anyway.  after the kids went home with dad, i thought i would have a looooong day to sew.

but no.    my boy was hunting with his buddy.     i got another one of those calls, " honey, are you busy?"   they got themselves in a pickle, another pickle.   clear up on top of a mountain the truck quit.   luckily before i had to drive up a slick mountain in the dark, they caught a ride to the closest civilization with some snomobile guys.   but it was still 3 1/2  hours out of my sewing time to rescue them.  they were pretty chagrined by the time i got to them.  civilization, was the last bar before you headed into the wilderness, Millie's, founded eons ago, by one of the hookers out of wallace.   she invested her money in a bar in the middle of nowhere.  whoda thunk 60 years on it would still be going strong. 

i think my boy will be shortly to bed, he was up at 3:30 this morning, so he could get stuck on a mountain this evening.   then i am off to the studio, hopefully to finish another block.   only 2 to go.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:25 PM | Locked

Me too gini, I wish is was not so far from N ID to S ID...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 11:53 PM | Locked

It sure was a long drive back last night from Spokane to Winthrop.  It was dry most of the way, but I did have snow on the road over LoupLoup Pass and the rest of the way  until home...the wet slippery kind - yuk. Between the wet snow and the deer, it was 40-45 mph for over 55 miles!  I was really tired when I got home and am still recovering today!  Hopefully tomorrow I will be more back to normal...lol!  I did get the pictures from the machine embroidery workshop posted on my blog for all who might be interested.  There are some pictures of some neat quilts there...all done with some type of machine embroiery or applique involved. If you are every near Spokane, WA, be sure to stop at both the Buggy Barn (in Reardon, WA just west of Spokane) and the Quilting Bee (just off I-90 in E. Spokane).  Both are great shops!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 795
Points 12,825
Quiltless replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 1:53 AM | Locked

Okay, this wasn't "today."  It was yesterday -- but I did go to the Northwest Quilt, Craft and Sewing Festival at the Fairgrounds Pavillion in Puyallup, Washington.  Two floors and lots and lots of booths.  It was wonderful.  I met two of my cousins there and we meandered and talked and talked and meandered all day.  Sooooo many ideas!  I bought some fabric with panels that I could not resist.  Did anyone else make it to this event?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:24 AM | Locked

gini:
my boy was hunting with his buddy.     i got another one of those calls, " honey, are you busy?"

How is it that Sam's buddies never make the call to their wives?  I guess you are seen as Dependable Gini - or maybe you're the only one brave enough to make these drives into the middle of nowhere.  I take it they didn't bring home anything to put in the freezer.  Oh dear, lean times ahead.  LOL

I can understand the princess wanting her head checked twice.  Just the mention of lice makes people's heads start itching!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:26 AM | Locked

Donna B:
It sure was a long drive back last night from Spokane to Winthrop. 

Well I'm glad the class was amazing - it makes the white-knuckle drive back home worth it!  Glad you got home safe.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:29 AM | Locked

Quiltless:
go to the Northwest Quilt, Craft and Sewing Festival at the Fairgrounds Pavillion in Puyallup, Washington

Sounds like a good time!   Quilt show exhibits are so inspiring, and then those vendors know how to cash in on our heightened motivation!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:31 AM | Locked

Nana:
I will be sure to follow all my post op instructions and discuss post op with my dr.

How soon might this happen, Nancy?  Please keep us in the loop.  Continued prayers...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:32 AM | Locked

Nana, our God is the great healer, if he says surgery. LISTEN to Him. Go have this surgery. The pain yesterday could well be His exclamation point after  he put on your heart to have this surgery".

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,675
Ginny replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:42 AM | Locked

Oh Donna,  I am so glad you made it back safely.   That is just so taxing to drive that far in the dark in that kind of weather  --and I have never done it over the mountains.   Thanks for the great pictures.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,675
Ginny replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:47 AM | Locked

Gini, You lead such a busy challenging life.   Good thing Sam has you to rescue him and his friends.  I used to have to go rescue my husband from situations also when I was married.  I couldn't believe some of the situations he got me into.   I am glad you got to meet up with Donna and the others for a wonderful day with quilty friends.   Ginny

Page 216 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 214 215 216 217 218 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use