Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 215 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 213 214 215 216 217 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:15 PM | Locked

Donna - Great pics! My DB and his family live in Spokane - Now if I could get the boss to foot the bill for the trip, it would be great! LOL!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:27 PM | Locked

Donna B, did you happen to otice that funny shadow driftin by your eye when you all posed? That was me, thinking of you all.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:52 PM | Locked

Donna, Gini, Jacy and Patti...I woanted to go!!!  I think we all wanted to go. Poo!

Marsha, what a happy fam you have there. And little ones galore. My goodness all of you sure make pretty babies who grow up to be very attractive people.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:59 PM | Locked

Donna B:

First, the four of us:  myself, Gini, Jacey, and Patti  (at the Quilting Bee store in Spokane)

What a great picture, all your lovely smiles. I'm so happy you had a good day and thank you for sharing the pics of your class also, it looks like a great classroom...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,252
Points 239,957
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 4:11 PM | Locked

Great picture girls!  What smiles!  True eye candy!  Glad you had a good time...

Cool day here - I got the front rooms cleaned and ready for company... not sure how many of DH's family are going to come during the Thanksgiving holiday but I do know that they will be stopping by - so have to get the cleaning done while I can - no way can I do it all in those few days before Thanksgiving... 

We are also going through things and if it isn't or hasn't been used in the past couple years I am no longer keeping a hold of it... So fall holiday cleaning is a time of getting rid of - less things to do as I get ready to move.  Amazing how much storage room I am finding - teehee... 

After Christmas we are going to do all the spackling and repaint all the rooms.... then DH will get ready to paint the outside of the house next spring... We will be ready to put the house on the market spring of 2014... I am truly excited about living near the kids... now to find a house up there that will work...teehee...

Have had a bad headache again for the last few days... it warmed up outside enough that whatever that I am allergic to is bugging me... then the chest pains have not gone away - still there - so we are just keeping an eye on it... I'll have the house clean for the holidays and that for now is all I am worried about.

I did finish the last stitch on SS#1 and washed and dried it and it is hanging in the entry way to the back living room so I can smile at it for a few days before I put it away till next year... I am patting myself on the back cuz the quilting actually compliments the quilt the way I wanted it too... I have SS#2 ready to start quilting on - and have decided I am going to do a lot of what I did on SS#1... Spiders, pumpkins, spiderwebs, echo stitching and words.... I will probably start on it this evening... then I have to get the Pfaff out and get it ready to do the embroidery on the Grandson's new stuff... Oh what fun I am going to have...teehee...

Good quilty thoughts to all - warm quilty hugz!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 4:38 PM | Locked

My single ambitious act today was to dig out the fall quilt and toss it on the sofa before my MiL arrives on Thursday and sighs because I don't fallow her example and re-deocrate the house every month.

In the process of locating the feathered star, I also found one of my first quilting projects -- a "log cabin hen" table runner. My I was so proud of myself for that one. I used all poultry themed fabrics for everything but the 'nest' and "sky". Even the back is printed with roosters! At the time i made it, I seemed to have a lot of chicken/rooster themed glasswear showing up in my kitchen. Somehow my MiL had gotten the idea that I collected it and so she bought me everything barnyard for my kitchen for years! When other folks saw the stuff she gave me, they, too, assumed I must collect kitchen poultry, and the pile grew...  I finally said "Enough!! I Don't collect Chickens! I never have collected chickens!! Please quit giving me chickens!!" when we moved the last time.  ... Now I raise Chickens.  LOL

We have a suprise visitor today. I put my Poinsettias in the basement last month in hopes of forcing them to bloom for Christmas. I brought them back out into the light yesterday. Today there was a pretty brown/orange butterfly on one of them. All I can think is that it made it's caccoon on one of the plants when i had them out on the patio this summer. No one told it that it's still the middle of winter.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 5:50 PM | Locked

Donna thanks for sharing your great day with us.  I need totake a class like that with my machine. great pictures ,Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 6:58 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Donna B, did you happen to notice that funny shadow driftin by your eye when you all posed? That was me, thinking of you all.

Oh Wait! I am in the picture! Do you see that little witch above Donna and Gini? I'm even waving...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 7:01 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Oh Wait! I am in the picture! Do you see that little witch above Donna and Gini? I'm even waving...

CC, you are too funny!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:26 PM | Locked

chocake2:

I see you CC, here's a wave back ) )  )  )  )  )  )  )  Wish you could have joined us!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:32 PM | Locked

Barbara:
I need totake a class like that with my machine.

Barbara, you would have loved it! And, Claudia is really a great teach and oh, so patient... truly amazing patience.

She handled 20+ women at all levels of skill, with every problem imaginable, jumping from one to another without the slightest sigh or hesitation. I was greatly impressed with her skill - she is a truly amazing teacher!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,812
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:51 PM | Locked

Great pictures, Marsha and Donna!  Thanks for sharing!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:25 PM | Locked

Marsha

Great family pics.  Thanks for sharing.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:29 PM | Locked

Donna

Great pic of 4 of my favorite people.  Wish I could have been there with you guys.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,252
Points 239,957
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:35 PM | Locked

Nana - been thinking about you!  Have you made any decisions yet?  I just want you to know that if you decide to have the surgery... please get into P/T as soon as they say you can and as early as possible.  Another member of my church had the same surgery as I did - I was in P/T w/n 2 dayse of my surgery and I have great mobility in my neck left/right - up/down is still a slight problem.  She can hardly turn her neck - she waited almost a month to try and do the exercises.  I am thankful that my doctor pushed me to do this.  I didn't realize at that time how important it would become.  I am praying that you get some relief from your pain with this surgery.  Those spurs are a big problem...I am glad that I don't have them on the side towards the spinal fluid... I have them on the opposite side and although they do cause me problems it isn't as bad as it could be.   I still have quite a bit of pain from the nerves but for me the decision not to have any more surgeries was not difficult.   

There is a program too that you can get into to help you control the pain by your brain.  You might talk to your surgeon or pain management doctor about it - I was enrolled in it for about 6 months.  amazing what they taught me - one of the problems with getting an accurate b/p on me or pulse is they taught me how to lower both within seconds... mind over matter they say but it does help me to control the amount of pain when the pain meds just fail...

I so wish that no one had to go through this pain and if you decide on the surgery - I will be praying that it takes it all away.  A successful operation!  Anything is better then living with this pain day in and day out... gets to you after a while ... I go through a depression about every 6 months ... somehow though I find something that helps me - God always leads me to it.  I keep telling him that that is his true job...May he guide you and help you along the way!

Page 215 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 213 214 215 216 217 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use