Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 214 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 212 213 214 215 216 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 7:37 PM | Locked

chocake2:
I have decided that from now on I'd like to be rich enough to be irresponsible! I could be the next Paris  Hilton or Lindsey Lohan!!  Messy house? No Problem. The maid will deal with it. Car making an odd noise? Buy a new one. Boss is a jerk? Quit. Snow blocking the driveway? Fly to Burmuda.   ...Yeah. I could do that! No chores for me. No sir! Every minute of everyday is playtime!!  Anyone wanna join me??

I'm on board, CC!  Glad Sprout is feeling better and congrats on his first tooth!  CELEBRATION NOW C'MON!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 7:51 PM | Locked

Oh, the irony!! Jr came home from school today and happily announced "Guess What?! I Lost my tooth!" I told him his baby brother found it. LOL

Their big sis was majorly into fairies and unicorns when she started losing her teeth. I, on the other hand, was doing a lot of card making/rubber stamping. I had some really fine irredecent glitter in my craft stash when that very first tooth came out, so that ol' Tooth fairy sprinkled "fairy dust" on her  $ (it sticks really well with a spritz of hairspray)  an pillow. She's been leaving sparkles for  me to clean up ever since....  Yup. the boys think its cool,too.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,649
Points 37,305
ls2116 replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:13 PM | Locked

Congrats on new tooth.

Definitely working on being richer Only thing life is not cooperating.  

Might put my eight seater table on craigs list.

Worked today on outdoor x-mas lights only to discover too many problems to put them up so I thru them out.  Now i'm deciding if I'm gonna buy more.  Finished my ufo .  Looking to quilt forward with MQ7.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:28 AM | Locked

Yep!  I have a pair of those hair clippers...exclusively used for clipping hair in horses ears for horses shows.  Now a days those ears have lovely love hair and the clippers are probably rusting away in the barn or horse trailer.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:29 AM | Locked

sparkly green Joyce, is doing well in florida, she is very busy and doesn't have a lot of time recently.  she is grateful to ramona for directing her to a group of quilters near her, so she has some new friends to sew with.   we miss you joyce.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,323
Points 27,920
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:22 AM | Locked

Hope this post doesn't gum up the works - site has been extremely slow yesterday and today for me.  Just had to post these pictures of family.  I forgot my camera so had to get these from daughter and granddaughter-in-law's Facebook pages!  Got them yesterday.  Wish we had Rich's mother with us, but she couldn't (or we couldn't ) weather the long 125 mile trip.  With her the picture would be 5 generations.

Oldest daughter with her husband holding our greatgranddaughter, Her youngest and oldest sons - both in Airforce - holding their babies, and oldest greatgrandson saying "cheeeeese" in front of us.  I look like I was poured into the chair and I was tired enough to be a puddle on the deck!  Middle grandson was at college in Philadelphia - still in army National Guard.

Oldest greatgrandson is the blurr in the left corner!  He is always clowning during picture taking.  Little Lincoln on left is the "miracle baby" who was born a year ago in Germany - 6 weeks early with a knot in his umbilical cord and having the cord wrapped around his neck twice.  He must have been an acrobat before birth and is surely very active now - also very smart.  He weighs 18 pounds at one year and his cousin weighs 14 1/2 pounds at 3 months!  I couldn't believe how similar their weights were when I was holding them.

Taking his first steps - he quickly learned that he had to put one foot in front of the other or fall on his nose.  He was nearly running with this very quickly.  He is amazingly quick to learn something new.  I had just shown him how the green wheel spins.  Fortunately they kept me out of the picture!

End of a very long day.  We had 125 miles to travel while he slept!  Hope this posts now.  It has taken way too long for the pictures to show up, so maybe this won't post - but here goes - - -

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:24 AM | Locked

Marsha wonderful pictures of your family, thanks for sharing them with us . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:46 AM | Locked

Whata  beautiful family Marsha!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:06 AM | Locked

MARSHA, what a lovely looking family you have, God Bless them all.  Lincoln is so sweet looking, don't worry he'll catch up in weight and height before you know it.  I love that "miracles" happen.

Millbury, MA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,323
Points 27,920
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:52 AM | Locked

Marie:

MARSHA, what a lovely looking family you have, God Bless them all.  Lincoln is so sweet looking, don't worry he'll catch up in weight and height before you know it.  I love that "miracles" happen.

Thanks, Marie and everyone else, for the comments on our family.

We don't worry about Lincoln"s size.  This is normal size for most of our family - My daughter was 17 lbs at 1 year and walking at 11 months and our youngest son was 17 lbs at one and walking at 9 months.  He was so short, that he had to look UNDER toe top bar of the playpen when he was standing.  My brother was 5 feet when he graduated from highschool then grew 1 foot that summer!  Rich's grandfather was barely 5 feet his grandmother 4 feet.  Lincoln's mother is very tiny - about to my chin - and his father was very tiny until he was a senior in highschool.  Now he is nearly 6 foot.  How we ended up with a 6 foot 4 inch grandson (the one in Philadelphia) is a mystery.  My mother had a 6 foot sister, though, so maybe that is where it came from!  Our 2 youngest grandsons (16 and 17) are now over 6 feet but were tiny as youngsters.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:58 AM | Locked

Marsha, you have a beautiful family. I love the last one, the end of day, how precious.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 11:17 AM | Locked

marsha, thank you for sharing the pictures of your beautiful family

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:01 PM | Locked

Just a quick report of our QCA "party" in Spokane...LOl!  As it turned out, it pretty much was limited to a nice lunch with 2 diet pepsi's and 2 waters, with 2 (to remain nameless) still needing to get more shopping in, one needing to get on the road and me needing to get back to the workshop and then on the road.  But as promised, here are a few pictures:

First, the four of us:  myself, Gini, Jacey, and Patti  (at the Quilting Bee store in Spokane)

We had a great lunch, with lots of visiting and hugs all around!

Next, the Class Room with over 20 Bernina 830's merrily embroidering away:  (it was impressive) (usually there were more people around - don't know where everyone was when I took this pic...lol!)

My machine, stitching out the larger center motif for the quilt we were working on:

When I get unpacked and organized, I will post more pictures on my blog and let you know.  There are some beautiful quilts that the instructor (Claudia Dinnell) brought  and some done by her former students.  If anyone has a chance to take a machine embroidery class from her, I would highly recommend it!  She has the patience of Job! Her designs, placement methods, and tips are extremely well thought out and helpful.  Even very experienced embroiderers (machine) will learn something new from her.)

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,667
Points 65,685
Bonita replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:42 PM | Locked

Beautiful family Marsha, lots of little people to cuddle with.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:13 PM | Locked

Great looking family, Marsha!

Page 214 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 212 213 214 215 216 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use