Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 213 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 211 212 213 214 215 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 373
Points 4,980
Annette replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:53 AM | Locked

Frances - my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Thea - Many congratulations to your family on the new addition.

A virtual hug to you both.

Annette

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:17 AM | Locked

My condolences to you, Frances, and your family.  I have lost both my parents and it was the hardest thing to deal with.  They both went suddenly so it was worse a shock.  You will survive it.  We hope to meet you sometime in the future when things are quieter for you. 

Huggs to you,  Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,937
Thea replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:58 AM | Locked

Well, it is Thursday and I am up and smiling today - the sun is out and I am ready to tackle the trapunto part of Rita's quilt.  I did see the doctor yesterday and so far we have no answers.   He has me taking Prilosec OTC for 2 weeks and to come back and see him in 1 month.  I went through this same thing back in 99 and it ended up being my gall bladder - well that is gone so unless gall bladders grow back doubt that that is what is causing this pain... but I am willing to do anything to get rid of it.  I am told not to take any aspirin baby or otherwise each day.  he is afraid that in my case that might cause a bleed in my stomach.  He told me the raised b/p figures are normal - if you have a pain in your chest you expect that to happen.  He did an EKG and a chest xray - the results from the EKG are normal from what the nurse said... Doc said he can't rule out an arterial problem but for the moment we are just to stay CALM and if the pain gets worse report immediately to the ER... no blood work was requested... so we wait and see if the prilosec OTC works and that this is just heart burn... Having never had heart burn before I have no idea... so am putting it all in the back of my mind in that little room where I open the door and shove it in there and then lock the door behind me.  They aren't worried so I am not going to be worried... as much as I possibly can anyway.  They do know that I never have normal symptoms like normal people do - eg... my gall bladder was so full of stones when they took it out that they told me I should have been in tremendous pain on my right side... only pain I had was in my left shoulder area... and the final gall bladder attack I had just extremely bloated me and gave me a fever... for my tubal pregnancy never had a symptom till it burst... they do know all this so I will just wait for whatever this is to go away... it is locked in that room...teehee...

I am going to get moving here shortly and work on Rita's quilt.  I got the thread yesterday in the mail - took forever to get here... oh well... it is here and I have the batting pieces pinned in place...get that sewn on and trimmed then bat and baste and start quilting.  

I read the pattern for my Jacqueline Jonge quilt and went through the fabrics that they sent - they didn't send what the fabric requirements on the pattern are - and no explanation in the kit...the one border piece that squares the quilt up is a dark purple - there is supposed to be another lighter purple piece that is a slim border on the piece before you make it a square that they sent no fabric for - but that other piece they sent 1/2 yard more then is needed so I think they mean for you to use this piece in both places... the picture shows a distinct difference in these two fabrics - I may dig through my stash and find a piece to use... then in the smaller pieces you are supposed to have this 10" piece x 44" of yellow - they sent a 12" piece x 44' - but you are supposed to use the yellow in another place on the quilt too... and it is prominent in both areas - there is enough fabric to make the quilt but the changes have me confused as this quilt pattern was supposed to have been designed for this store specifically... I just wish they had put a note in the kit about what there ideas were... I will figure it out ... I wanted to start this quilt as soon as I got Rita's done but may shelve it till I figure out what I am going to do...teehee...

Hoping Francine is doing okay - I do know how tough this time is for her... I know she is still in shock and that may or may not help her for a little while - i was in shock about my Dad's death for quite a while... I think it is very hard to lose a parent and my heart goes out to her.

Sukochi, I hope you find a ride to Branson - wish I lived over that way I would drop down and pick you up - we could always tie you to the top of the "ragtop" PT... you might bounce some but we would secure you in place...teehee... but on a serious note - hope you can make it.

CC - hope Sprout is feeling better - he is so dang cute!  I can't wait to meet my new Grand son in April - your little boy will be so big by then - enjoy this time with your Sprout.

I was going to get up and get moving but am lazy today...teehee... been up for 4 hours now and haven't moved out of my chair - shame shame - but yesterday I did get the kitchen floor done - in case they sent me to the hospital I wanted my house clean - so had done that and the laundry ... DH says I am nuts - he told me "you are always more concerned about us at home - you need to be concerned about you"  such a sweetie - probably why I want to make sure everything is done so he will have an easier time... food in the fridge ready to be warmed up for meals... notes everywhere to keep him on the straight and narrow... and none were needed...halleluiah...

so sewing machine watch out - you have had a long enough nap... waking you up today!  no housework or meal planning to do - so no excuses...teehee...

warm quilty hugz to all and a great quilty day to be had by all!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 9:23 AM | Locked

Thea sounds like doc has you and your issues under control ,I guess I gave you not the right advice about the aspirin,  sorry . but that is what I've always been told . was the right thing to do .. Hope the meds work it does take a few days to get into the system.

Yesterday I cleaned up my sewing room ,looks so much better , It was a mess ,I have lots of quilts coming for the sandy  project and need room to place them .I'm making three quilts and should be getting my blocks form my team staring any day now .Two of my team are members of QCA  so that was thrilling.

Got my top done for my SS gift just need to guilt it and I'll have it finished . It came out really pretty .I hope she will like it . Found the perfect backing for it form my stash and it just fits ,will not even have to cut and piece it .I also got Married top sandwiched at my guild meeting so I'm ready to start working on here quilt to . so I have lots to keep me busy.

I have not slept well for the last two nights at all ,just can't seem to get to sleep .did take a brief nap yesterday after my body said enough . and the same this morning. Not sure why ,I am feeling okay Knees have been good for me . and no allergy issues to keep me up ..The bills are all paid so nothing to worry after . just has been kinda weird..

Well I'm off to read more messages and then off to get busy . have a great day Thea and everyone.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 10:39 AM | Locked

Morning all!   I'm  just catching up a bit and then off to town for a couple of hours. I hope you all have a wonderful day. It looks like the sun may even try to shine here today, I sure hope so!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 11:07 AM | Locked

I have decided that from now on I'd like to be rich enough to be irresponsible! I could be the next Paris  Hilton or Lindsey Lohan!!  Messy house? No Problem. The maid will deal with it. Car making an odd noise? Buy a new one. Boss is a jerk? Quit. Snow blocking the driveway? Fly to Burmuda.   ...Yeah. I could do that! No chores for me. No sir! Every minute of everyday is playtime!!  Anyone wanna join me??

Sprout is feeling better today. He's still a boogery/drooly mess but he's back into everything he can reach and is creeping across the floor looking for new off-limit treasures to snatch and chew. I'm happy to hear his busy baby song again. he even let me sleep last night,  altho he insisted on spending most of the night cuddled in bed with me in trade.  I guess I can't blaim him. A person needs all the cuddles they can get when they don't feel good.

I had a stack of beads ready to put into the kiln today an now I can't find them. Drat! The weather is only going to co-operate for a few days and then it's gonna get icky again.

I still haven't gotten the blocks I cut for my friend's quilt stitched. Maybe I'll get that done today.  I woke up thinking of a project I started but never finished when my Dad passed. Maybe it's time to pull that out of the closet and see where it wants to go.

Happy stitching!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 12:15 PM | Locked

CC,gald to hear rpout is feeling better. Gee I need someone to cuddle me when i'm not sleep well,,,LOL  Just kidden .I have Angel. the bed hog. LOL. Yeah I agree with you on the taking off and let someone else fix it. sure would be nice. Babara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 3:31 PM | Locked

"Rpout" Barbara? LOL Too Funny. From now on When I call the little charmer "Rupert" you'll know it's because of your fast fingures! 

I am delighted to report that he finally has his first tooth!!  It has arrived just in time for Thanksgiving dinner!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 3:41 PM | Locked

Oh CC, now Sprout will be able to chew on a drumstick       Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:08 PM | Locked

CC so gald to hear Ruperts (Sprout ) tooth finally made its apperance .  And you know what a lousy typist I am .LOL  I try to catch all my booboo's... Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:19 PM | Locked

Had a good day and the sun did shine (that always makes things better), I sure hope it shines tomorrow so I can finish the labels - it is so hard for me to see when it is so gloomy.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995
Elaine Phillips replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:21 PM | Locked

Today my friend came out and we finally finished up her wall quilt that she has been working on for over a year. But we had a lot of detours along the way. this is her first quilt and she is ready to make another one. I may have a quilter convert. I am working on a project for my Color and Design class that I am taking at my LQS. It is working with only neutrals. I am trying to construct a piece taken from a picture that I took of the old cobblestone pavement in Old Stockholm in Stockholm, Sweden. The pavement is centurys old. It has to be done by Saturday, and I only  just started it yesterday. Nothing like waiting till the last minute.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:39 PM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:
It has to be done by Saturday, and I only  just started it yesterday. Nothing like waiting till the last minute.

I thought only high school and college students practiced procrastination!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995
Elaine Phillips replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:43 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Elaine Phillips:
It has to be done by Saturday, and I only  just started it yesterday. Nothing like waiting till the last minute.

I thought only high school and college students practiced procrastination!

That is my MO, procrastination!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 7:01 PM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:

That is my MO, procrastination!

We'll discuss this later, Elaine.

Page 213 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 211 212 213 214 215 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use