Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 209 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 207 208 209 210 211 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 5:51 PM | Locked

Well, had a nice little nap and feel reinvigorated now.  Wow, I could even spell.  Had a bowl of good ole Manachevitz vegatable soup with a little ham thrown in for flavor--Yum- now I'm good to go.  I was cosidering going into the sewing room and working on a quilt, but I'm a little hesitant.   Well, maybe I'll do that, it will just be sewing the blocks together- not the actual quilting.   I can always frog if I make a mistake.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 6:11 PM | Locked

What is it they say Ginny..."Somedays it's just not worth chewing through the straps." or something like that.

Sprout is proving to be a handful today. I haven't accomplished a dang thing all day! He won' t let me out of his sight, and screams if I tuck him into his bed... in fact he wakes up as soon as his little head touches down. Please, let that little tooth pop through soon!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 6:36 PM | Locked

Oh CC, I am so sorry that Sprout is having such a difficult time with that tooth.  But you can betcha that he will be sprouting an ear to ear grin once it is thru.  Just don't let him test out his new chewing abilities on you.  LOL    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 7:44 PM | Locked

got it covered ginny!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 7:54 PM | Locked

Great teether, CC  He is getting so big.  sitting up there all by himself.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 8:42 PM | Locked

CC now that's a teather (,I know I spelled that worng.) but anyway hope that pops that mean ole tooth right thru the skin,  poor little guy ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 9:16 PM | Locked

I went and finished up painting over reamerging stress crack in kitchen and then made dinner.  Still trying to find a place for putting up x-mas tree.  Anyone know how to hang one from the ceiling I could fit it in that way.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 19,080
Melissa Halpain replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 9:44 PM | Locked

I had a quilting class on Friday and didn't get home until 10 pm. I usually go to bed around 8:30 or 9 so it was a late night for me. I was so tired all weekend until Monday. That's when my ear started hurting. Went to the doctor and I have an ear infection and a sinus infection. I was wondering why I was so tired. I use a C-pap machine to sleep with but if your sinuses are stopped up, the C-pap doesn't work very well. If I don't breath, I don't sleep. I also have COPD so my oxygen goes through the C-pap also. Which means no added air for me. Well, I should stop whining now. I just hope my pharmacy calls for my antibiotics tomorrow. Have a good evening everyone.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 9:47 PM | Locked

Donna B

Thanks so much for the prayers.  The surgeon that I see is an excellent dr and a good friend as well.  I truly trust his opinion and he was very good about not pushing surgery.  We did try injections but they didn't help.  And he offered a couple of non surgical options but wasn't real optomistic about the outcome.  I have been doing lots of research and soul searching about this whole mess.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 9:51 PM | Locked

Gini

He is optomistic but doesn't guarantee that it will help.  Of course we all know that there aren't any guarantees in medicine.  He also made sure that I was made aware of all the possible risks involved.  Unfortunately for me it was just a refresher of what I already knew.  Sometimes it is not fun to have medical experience...LOL>    I have noticed that late in the day it feels like my head is just too heavy to hold up and then I start getting headaches;.   It is really good to hear of a case that went they way it was supposed to.  

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 10:02 PM | Locked

Thea

I have seen this Dr several times for this same problem and he has only recommended the surgery because nothing else we have done has helped.  I don't have ruptured or bulging discs...just compressed.  The problems are coming from bone spurs pushing into the spinal space along with stenosis.   I used to work with this Dr when I was still a practicing RN.  I know his work and his ethic.  I trust him and know that he wouldn't do the surgery if he didn't think that there was a good chance that it will help.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 10:26 PM | Locked

Nana - is there any chance that he can go in and grind off the spurs?  That is an option from what I have been told - I am lucky that the bone spurs on my neck vertebrae are on the opposite side - the side close to my spinal chord is flat - but the other side looks like the tips of your fingers - not good from what I am told but not anything that would cause a spinal injury... just pinches nerves on the opposite side.

I wish you luck.  I know having had those 2 discs rupture in my neck prior to being removed that it is no fun!  I did lose some mobility in my neck but not as much as others who have had the surgery - I started PT 3 days after my surgery and the only thing I can't do anymore is lean back very far with my neck or touch my chin to my chest - I can turn both to the left and right without problems...

You can lose that mobility too - if you decide to have the surgery get into PT as soon as you can - sooner if possible and do the exercises religiously.  I will pray for you!

I am seeing my heart doctor tomorrow and the idea is to see him and have him order the labs... maybe put me in the hospital to have that angi ??? test again.  I know after I have it that I will be in the chair leaning back for 72 hours - those times are the most difficult for me - and now with Mom here not sure how this is going to work - am going to call my friend Rita and see if she can come by each day after she gets done school... 

But maybe I won't have to have the test - maybe he will figure something else out... I can pray for that too!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 10:30 PM | Locked

Nana:
I trust him and know that he wouldn't do the surgery if he didn't think that there was a good chance that it will help.

In my prayers Nana!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 11:23 PM | Locked

Nana:
I know his work and his ethic.  I trust him and know that he wouldn't do the surgery if he didn't think that there was a good chance that it will help.

I'm sorry to hear about this situation and your pain, Nana.  I'm glad you have a doctor in whom you have so much trust.  I don't have any medical experience or advice to offer in this case, so I'll just add that I'm praying for guidance for you in this making this decision.  

Take care!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 782
Points 12,600
Quiltless replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 12:14 AM | Locked

My 22 month old GD informed her Dad today that she was "not a baby."  Hummm.  Babyhood didn't last long for that one!  She didn't say much for the longest time and then started talking.  About a month of babble and then went to two syllable words and a few days later she's into sentences!

• | Post Points: 35
Page 209 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 207 208 209 210 211 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use