Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 201 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 199 200 201 202 203 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 5:33 AM | Locked

Hello Gang,    I finally got to check off Vegas from my bucket list.  Was there all last week and had a GREAT time.  It was definately a once in a lifetime visit.  We stayed right in the middle of the strip at the Jockey Club.  Could see the higher parts of the fountain show at the Bellagio.  We were right across the street from Paris and Planet Hollywood..  Could see all these from the living room window  and the lights down the strip.  What a sight.  We also went out to see Hoover Dam and Red Rock Canyon.  Grand Canyon was really too far away (6 hours each way).   We went to Fremont Street too.   And you'll never guess what crazy thing I did..............ZIP LINE......and got the picture to prove it.   SIL chickened out at the top of the scaffolding but I didn't......LOL    Now, trying to get out of Las Vegas was more than I bargained for.  Got on plane, sat for 1 1/2 hour.   Then got off plane because of mechanical problem.  Sat in airport for 4 hours while they tried to fix plane....no luck.  They finally called for another plane.  It would be there by 6 p.m.-8 p.m.-9 p.m.....finally got the plane, then stewardesses, we got on plane, and about 9:45 - pilots arrive with applause from the plane...lol   We finally got in the air at 10 p.m. - 10 hours after original time.  Got to Atlanta at 4 a.m. and flight out to Knoxville later that day.   Finally got home and I think I collapsed. 

Now, yes, we also did the Las Vegas Shop Hop.  Had a great time and got some great fabric deals.  Beautiful trinkets too just for doing the hop.  I'll take pics later and post them all.  We liked one really neat shop in Boulder City.  The name was Fiddlesticks and the people were so friendly and welcoming.  We don't know if we won anything yet, but we hope so.  Each shop had a really neat basket of goodies and we hope maybe one of us won a bit of something.  

Well, have fun and I'll get back to you all later when I've unpacked all my goodies and took pics.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,053
Points 169,998
Marie replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 8:32 AM | Locked

Margaret, you'll have a real busy week next week but I know you'll get through it.  Know I'll be thinking of you and having good thoughts for a real successful outcome.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,378
Points 48,830
Ginny replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 8:38 AM | Locked

Gini,  I know what you mean by not finding a stradavarius.  My cousin brought me hi grandfather's violin and case years ago that he wanted restored.  OMG, it was in pieces and some of them were broken.   Even the case was in pretty bad shape, all scuffed up and pieces almost scuffed through.  When he left the state several years later, he didn't even take it with him (he was traveling light).  He was going to have me ship it to him, but I never heard another word from him.  That was about 25 years ago and he has since passed away.  I finally threw it out a couple of years ago.  I had entertained refinishing the case, but it was too far gone.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 8:51 AM | Locked

HI everyone ,I did talk with Thea last evening and she was feeling much better, She took her blood pressure and heart rate were both good and she was not having anymore chest pain,  I had her go ahead and take and aspirin and told her if it happens again to take another and get her OKIE BUTT to the ER. She also promised me she would call her cardiologist  Monday to let him know what has  been going on, I told her if she doesn't do this I'm coming down and taking her myself. She was in great spirits and was feeling good when I talked with her, She had been complaining with I talked to her during the week of her tummy hurting her. but didn't tell me about chest pain.  I do talk with Thea just about everyday . So if needed I can get ahold of her.. She thanks all of your for your concern and has promised not to delay if it happens again. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,038
Points 108,680
chocake2 replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 9:30 AM | Locked

Thea, consider yourself Gib-Slapped for scaring us like that! Geez, Girl. You know better!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,038
Points 108,680
chocake2 replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 9:34 AM | Locked

gini:
   why can't my rels come up with a stradavarius, for crying out loud?

LOL. Gini my MiL swears that her hubby had a  Stradavarious ( I know for sure it was a violin, but as for maker - ????). She kept it stored under her bed in a big green trash bag. It disappeared during one of her many moves.She's pretty sure it went out with the other stuff she hauled to the dump.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 9:35 AM | Locked

CC , that is what I told her. I did tell her "don't make me come down there and kick your butt"  but she really was feeling good when I talked with her other then her arthritis pain. She better do what she promises are I will still go there and do as promised ..LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 9:39 AM | Locked

Diana, I'm so jealous ,sounds like you had a wonderful time.  Never had a desire to go to Vegas , as I don't enjoy gambling . ,but the shop Hop sounds like it was fun, Oh how I wish I was made of money ..LOL   

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 9:56 AM | Locked

Diana:
Now, yes, we also did the Las Vegas Shop Hop.  Had a great time and got some great fabric deals.

Who would have thought there were quilt shops in Las Vegas??!!  I might actually be willing to make another trip there now.  I figured a person only needed to go to Vegas once every 20 years or so to see what's new, but maybe every 10 years might now be in order.  How were the prices of the fabric compared to what you're used to seeing?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,378
Points 48,830
Ginny replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:16 AM | Locked

Ya know, Barbara, when she was describing how she felt and how pale Jay said she looked, my concern was that she possibly had an ulcer from all the meds she was taking this past week or so.   

Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:20 AM | Locked

Ginny that could be, She is going to call her Doctor Monday  and let him know . Today she is taking it easy ,I just talked with her and She is feeling not to bad this mornig  having some leg pain   and her normal arthirtis  pain. and dit raining so ,if she is like me the pain is alittle more intense today , We are both in the same storm system at this time.  I am keeping a close eyey on her .. HEAR THAT THEA  .LOL    

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,486
Points 30,250
Diana replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:36 AM | Locked

Hi Nancy,   The fabric prices were very comparable to anywhere else.  Some for 9.49, others for 10 - 11 a yard.  They had a special pin to buy for the shop hop and anyone wearing their pins got a 10% discount on all bought so it was nice.   3 out of 4 of the shops had a special rack too and it was included so another 10% on that as well.     The shop in Boulder City was the best one for prices and atmosphere.  The owners were so friendly.  I don't think Las Vegas is for me again.  I've now been there, done that, and got 3 T-shirts....lol  Didn't lose a lot of money...knew enough to walk away when I was ahead.   They got a bit back but not all of it. lol

Diana (Bink) in East Tn. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:55 AM | Locked

gini:

Jacy:

Donna B:
BTW Gini, are you going to be in Spokane next week?  I'm going to be at a workshop at the Quilting Bee on Wed & Thursday.  If you will be in town, drop by...I'd love to see you!

Donna, that's only 45 mins from me, I wonder if I can sneak away next week for a short time.

i didn't see your post, donna.  are you staying over thursday night or driving home.  i'm tied up on  wednesday, but i might have thursday free.   what workshop are you taking?

Jacy and Gini, I will be at the Quilting Bee in Spokane on Wed & Thurs (just staying over Wed night - driving back Thurs late afternoon) for a machine embroidery class.

If you go to their website:  http://quiltingbeespokane.com/

Scroll down, on the left - there is a link to the class by Claudia Dinnell "Twas the Night Before Christmas".  A friend from Tonasket and I both have Bernina 830's and are doing the class together.  If either or both of you could make it around lunch time (either day) that would be so great!!!  The classes end at 4pm'ish both days so another option if you are up for driving after dark is  getting together for dinner ( or happy hour snacks ???). 

I would love to see you both and I think you would really like Lisa too, she is a great quilter that loves to think "outside the box"...lol.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 11:19 AM | Locked

Good Morning all you happy quilters!  My morning started without snow, but with a racoon in our greenhouse/cat-house (at 5:00am) raiding the cat-food and our dog standing guard outside to be sure that racoon did not get away without her getting a go at it!  The cats were outside the greenhouse/cat-house very unhappy with being displaced from their warm cozy beds, the racoon was hissing at the dog, and the dog was not budging!  DH finally had to drag the dog into the house!  By the time he got back to the greenhouse the racoon had taken off and the cats were back inside gorging themselves on all the catfood that had been dumped out on the floor...sweet.  Now I have a major clean-up job to do...plus will need to get a new storage can for the catfood as the old one was destroyed majorly.

We have a funeral to attend today.  Always a sad event, but this one is especially sad as it is the DH of a good friend.  He was a very healthy, active, young early 60's man who was severly injured in a bicycle accident in Italy in early May.  After almost 2 months in ICU in Italy he was air-ambulanced (via a 1 week stay a Canadian hospital for stabilization) to a trauma hospital in Seattle where he remained until he passed away about 2 weeks ago.  The man gave it his all and accepted 100% that he was going to live the remainder of his life as a quadriplegic with grace and determination (picking out wheelchairs that would handle the gravel roads and snow  of the Methow Valley); however, in the end his lungs were the determining factor and life on a resporator was just too much.  His wife was by his side every single day and watched every ebb and flow of recovery and decline over the last six months with grace, strength and compassion. I pray I could be as strong as she has been under the same circumstances.  He was a wonderful man who will be sorely missed by all who knew him...

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,053
Points 169,998
Marie replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 11:58 AM | Locked

Ginny:
my concern was that she possibly had an ulcer

Ginny I thought made her gall bladder, especially if the pain was in the middle of her chest front to back.  I have a friend who has an attack of that every now and then and this is how she described it.

Millbury, MA

Page 201 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 199 200 201 202 203 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use