Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 200 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 198 199 200 201 202 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 8:47 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

It was probably made by Wahl since wards, JCP etc did not make their own.

BTW, I missed what is going on with Marge, at least I think so, which Marge and whats up?  Hope she feels better soon.

Marge P, Spud... she had her first knee replacement surgery last May (???...I think  -  around then anyway) and then the 2nd knee in mid October right after the Leavenworth Retreat.  As the first knee wasn't working too good yet anyway, she is having a tough time getting around and keeping herself mobile right now.  But, she is determined and using the "constant-motion-machine" regularly...like pretty much all the time she is not eating, sleeping or at the physical therapist.  The surgeon did do some "tweeking" on the first knee after he finished with the second knee that was supose to help it, but she is definitely still in recovery mode. 

I just want her back doing what she loves most...sewing in her quilting room!  Keep saying those prayers for her...

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 8:53 PM | Locked

EVERYONE

Barbara has be notified of Thea's problem and is calling her now to see what is going on.  Hopefully we will hear good news soon.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 8:54 PM | Locked

EVERYONE

Barbara has been notified of Thea's problem and is calling her now to see what is going on.  Hopefully we will hear good news soon.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 9:11 PM | Locked

Thank You!!!!!!!!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 9:14 PM | Locked

Donna B:
I just want her back doing what she loves most...sewing in her quilting room!  Keep saying those prayers for her...

Thank you Donna, I will absolutely keep her in my T&Ps...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 9:17 PM | Locked

Thea, you ar ein my prayers always. Especially tonight. This is serious stuff , my dear. Love you.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 9:23 PM | Locked

EVERYONE

Barbara spoke with Thea and she is feeling better.  Blood pressure and heart rate are good.  Barbara encouraged her to take an aspirin and made her promise to go to the ER if she has chest pain again.   Thea is also going to call her cardiologist on Monday.  I know she appreciates everyone's concern.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 9:26 PM | Locked

Thanks Nana and Barbara.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 9:44 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Sukocki, you might get charged extra postage for that button. The automated sorters at the PO won't feed it, and they don't like that.  But, Gosh that is Cute!! Great job! "Terri" is one lucky recipient.  LOL

Sukochi, I always bring my postcards to the counter and have them hand stamped/processed but that button may cause problems... it sure is cute though!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 9:48 PM | Locked

Frances, you can never have too much STUFF!!!  Happy shopping! :)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 11:31 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:

chocake2:

Sukocki, you might get charged extra postage for that button. The automated sorters at the PO won't feed it, and they don't like that.  But, Gosh that is Cute!! Great job! "Terri" is one lucky recipient.  LOL

Sukochi, I always bring my postcards to the counter and have them hand stamped/processed but that button may cause problems... it sure is cute though!

After working 38 years for the post office and the last 15 as a supervisor/analyst for the automated equipment, I can tell you for sure that if that goes through the automated equipment, it will probably tear it to shreds.  There is no sure-fired way to keep it out of the equipment short of putting it in an envelope that is too large or too thick to be processed through the Optical Character Readers.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 11:41 PM | Locked

Donna B:
BTW Gini, are you going to be in Spokane next week?  I'm going to be at a workshop at the Quilting Bee on Wed & Thursday.  If you will be in town, drop by...I'd love to see you!

Donna, that's only 45 mins from me, I wonder if I can sneak away next week for a short time.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,511
Points 417,549
gini replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 11:43 PM | Locked

my uncle gene has been shedding belongings.  he brought me a violin that belonged to his uncle.   it is a barn violin.  it has been stored in the barn for who knows how many years.  after gently wiping it off until i got through years of grime and uncle ted's pipe smoke i found a pretty beat up instrument.   we'll have to see how much it will be to get it in working order.   probably not worth much except to know it is the one uncle ted used to play.   why can't my rels come up with a stradavarius, for crying out loud?   it even had a gut string.   they haven't used gut strings on violins in ages. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 11:49 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:

Frances, you can never have too much STUFF!!!  Happy shopping! :)

Thanks Debbie,

Now i can blame you when i come back home with 15 bags in hand, Debbie said i can never have too much stuff, when my parents look at me and sigh....

But when i come home i will show you all my haul.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,511
Points 417,549
gini replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 12:00 AM | Locked

Jacy:

Donna B:
BTW Gini, are you going to be in Spokane next week?  I'm going to be at a workshop at the Quilting Bee on Wed & Thursday.  If you will be in town, drop by...I'd love to see you!

Donna, that's only 45 mins from me, I wonder if I can sneak away next week for a short time.

i didn't see your post, donna.  are you staying over thursday night or driving home.  i'm tied up on  wednesday, but i might have thursday free.   what workshop are you taking?

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Page 200 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 198 199 200 201 202 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use