Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 198 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 196 197 198 199 200 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 2:12 PM | Locked

Nancy, I use VersaColor, ColorBox and JoAnn Craft Essentials.  When I was doing my research I'm pretty sure these are the brands that were recommended as permanent on fabrics.  As I look at the 3 stamp pads, the covers all have the word pigment in the name (could be all ink pads have pigment in the name!).

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 90
doclear replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 2:17 PM | Locked

I just put the finishing touches on the parka that I made.  Now that I am finished with that, I am about to start on a baby quilt for a friend that is due in about 6 weeks.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,056
Points 170,028
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 2:17 PM | Locked

CC, that's more snow than we got all of last winter here on the east coast.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 2:43 PM | Locked

doclear:

I just put the finishing touches on the parka that I made.  Now that I am finished with that, I am about to start on a baby quilt for a friend that is due in about 6 weeks.

Hi doclear and nice to meet you. Do you know what you are going to make for your baby quilt? I hope you will share pics with us.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 3:01 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:

Nancy, I use VersaColor, ColorBox and JoAnn Craft Essentials.  When I was doing my research I'm pretty sure these are the brands that were recommended as permanent on fabrics.  As I look at the 3 stamp pads, the covers all have the word pigment in the name (could be all ink pads have pigment in the name!).

Debbie,

Im off to a show tommorrow Crafts for Christmas and Hobbycrafts so im going to get a postcard stamp and an ink pad while im there and a few other bags of stuff, and probably some more that i never knew i needed until i saw it and then i needed it. The show doesnt have much quilting in it but does have lots of cardmaking stuff so it should be a fun day out.

Lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 3:52 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:
I use VersaColor, ColorBox and JoAnn Craft Essentials

Thanks, Debbie!  In hindsight, I don't have to worry about washability with postcards.  I'll look for that JoAnn brand.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 4:17 PM | Locked

Jacy:

This is Judy E's quilt, I remember her working on it.

That's so funny!  I hate to admit that I didn't even look at the names.  There were so many houses to admire!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,040
Points 108,725
chocake2 replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 4:45 PM | Locked

gini:

i'm jealous of your snow, CC, we got cold, and wind and lots of snow blowing, but it must have blown it all over to your house, 'cause we don't have much left.  bummer.

The paper says Great Devide ski hill is opening tomorrow, Gini. If you hurry you should get there in time...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,040
Points 108,725
chocake2 replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 4:54 PM | Locked

The boys announced that 25 degrees was the ideal temp to dig snow forts and started bundling up. They begged and begged their big sister to join them. In an effort to get out of it she said she'd only go if they agreed to dig their fort with spoons. Nat'lly that headed straight for my silverwear drawer. I made sure they only took the old scratched and dented flatwear and admonished them not to loose them in the snowbank (knowing all the while that it was inevitable). DD came in after about 45 min. Then Ds1 arrived. But no Jr... and no Jr... Finally I asked DD to go out and check on him. He'd lost his spoon, and announced that he didn't dare come in without it or Momma would kill him.  ...I'm  not sure whetehr I should laugh or cry. It's sweet that he took my dire warnings so seriously, but...he took them so seriously!!!!!   :(

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 5:00 PM | Locked

Here is my latest post card. Green disk on the front is a big button.

I still need lots of practice on my zig zag. NExt pic is the back. The piece of tape towel covers the name/addy of the person it is going to. Thought she might on appreciate having it displayed.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 5:02 PM | Locked

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 5:16 PM | Locked

I finished the pillow for Kelsi's quilt.  Sheesh, that pillow took all day just because I decided to put ruffle on it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 5:22 PM | Locked

Very cute Sukochi...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,945
Points 234,272
Thea replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 5:51 PM | Locked

Sukochi - your postcards are very cute - I have some kits for postcards that I was going to make a few years back - if I can find where they are I should send them to you to do...teehee.

today has been a long day.  I am thinking that within the next few days DH is going to be taking me for a hospital stay - I am hoping and praying that this doesn't happen but the pain in my chest will not go away - I do not believe it is acid reflux as it starts when I wake up in the morning - don't believe it is the gaseous stuff / can't really say why there but have my reasons... the pain is right in the middle and stayed today for about 8 hours before it finally went away... It transferred to a pain in my leg... DH says I am white as a sheet... I am starting to feel better this evening and hope that I will be okay to go to church tomorrow - I am not sure...

I did finish up the quilting on SS#1 late this afternoon - I had left it on the sewing machine yesterday and one of the fur babies had spit up a hair ball on it so it needs to be washed - and in order to do that I had to finish up the quilting - so I finished up the words on the final border - they look good... I made and did the machine part of the binding - so now all I have left to do is the hand part of the binding - which I will attempt this evening... I know better then to leave a quilt laying there - but Mishka had laid down on it last night - have a picture that I will post later - he has this thing where he seems to know when I am tired and need to stop sewing and he gets right in the middle of whatever I am working on - well he had done this last night so I quit sewing and left it there... I know better - but ....

So anyway - it is done - and no the Vanish thread did not come - my Creative Grids ruler came to replace the 6 x 18 ruler I left in Iowa that Barbara is holding on for me - no thread which was supposed to be here yesterday... 

So I am feeling very exhausted again... so am watching football and will soon get my needle and thread and get the binding on SS#!... or may go back to bed - I didn't get out of the bedroom till Jay came home from work - was watching my Roku - a Sherlock Holmes program from the BBC  - it is a good SH show... it kept me entertained while I waited to get up... 

I did get my kitchen cleaned up too and the last of the laundry done - just in case I have to leave tonight... I told DH how I was feeling too so he would be aware if I asked him to take me... so prayers please... I don't want to go anywhere...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:02 PM | Locked

Sukochi, very cute

[Ava, Missouri

Page 198 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 196 197 198 199 200 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use