Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 197 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 195 196 197 198 199 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:38 PM | Locked

thanks for the update on marge, donna. 

if you're reading posts, hi marge, get well quickly,

i have a pair of hair clippers i use on sam,  they were my grampa's   i have no idea what brand they are.  how do you guys remember that stuff?  wahl clipppers, it would never have occured to me to look at the brand, let alone remember it for decades.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:42 PM | Locked

Gini, at one time Whal was pretty much the only ones made for home use.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:47 PM | Locked

well, i thought i might have a wahl treasure so i went and checked, nope, it's a plain old monkey wards

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:49 PM | Locked

LOL Hubby once found out that our crazy neighbor was a cousin of his cousin. His one comment was "Thank goodness he was adopted!"

Nancy that was quite an impressive display of art quilts. Thanks for sharing them! I wish I'd been able to see 'em in person!! Didn't your fingures just itch to reach out and touch???

DH got us dug out so we can now open the door and DS1 can get to the hens to feed and water them. He even cleared a path to the garage , and busted out the drift behind the limo so I can get in and out of the driveway!! Of course, with the drifts at either end of the street it's a mute point since i can't get over them even with 4 wheel drive. The county doesn't plow our street so my only hope of going anywhere is the neighbor and his plow... but he just had hip replacement surgery and somehow i doubt he feels much like doing any good deeds right now. LOL DH parked on the side street when he got home last night (I'm just glad he made it home at all!!) but now his car is drifted in so it's a good thing he has today off.  I have a nice big ham to toss in the oven today. We'll have plenty of left-overs to feed us until the thaw.

The kids are waiting for it to warm up a little more, then they say they have a date with the monster drift in front of the house. It's gonna make a grand snowfort!! DH "ruined" this one on the patio when he dug out the door.  LOL There's a table under there somewhere, so it would have made a great cave!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:51 PM | Locked

It was probably made by Wahl since wards, JCP etc did not make their own.

BTW, I missed what is going on with Marge, at least I think so, which Marge and whats up?  Hope she feels better soon.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:53 PM | Locked

Wow CC, that is pretty but I'm really glad it is not here.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:56 PM | Locked

This is Judy E's quilt, I remember her working on it.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 1:00 PM | Locked

Jacy:

This is Judy E's quilt, I remember her working on it.

That is really cute Jacy, did she work on it at the retreat? I could not get over all the little tiny squares that the ladies were making. I have a hard enough time with the bigger ones. LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 1:03 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
That is really cute Jacy, did she work on it at the retreat?

No, I just remember her posting it on QCA earlier this year.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 1:03 PM | Locked

first my sweetie is coming home today.  he's had a great week in branson, but he's been gone too long again.

and i need to clean house. mostly i am wading through a sea of paper airplanes.  wil's fourth grade has spontaneously formed a paper airplane club.  it is amazing what he can get a piece, actually many pieces, many many pieces, of copy paper to do.  he's got one that starts in the back of the livingroom, does a large swooping bank around the coffee table into the dining room around the island and into the kitchen.  i was so amazed, i thought it was a fluke and told him so.  i got one of those "looks" that only a 10-y-o- boy can do, and his plane repeated the maneuver a few more times for me.  then it was, "look gramma", he would tweek the  flaps and it would go off another direction.  but, sigh, it has taken a boatload of proto-types to get to this marvelous feat of engineering, proto-types that i have to wade through.  they don't stay put when i stack them up for some reason.  i haven't asked if i am allowed to fly them solo for fear he will say , "GRAMM MMA, NO".  I have inadvertantly wrecked a few, accidently speaking.

anyway, i'm off to clear the runway and hopefully find my  camera, which has gone missing yet again.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,899
gini replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 1:13 PM | Locked

i'm jealous of your snow, CC, we got cold, and wind and lots of snow blowing, but it must have blown it all over to your house, 'cause we don't have much left.  bummer.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 1:15 PM | Locked

Thanks Jacy, I would hate to think I sat right next to her and missed it... LOL Although, that would be entirely possible, the combination of CB and BSC is not a good one. :)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 1:16 PM | Locked

Sometimes I get confused about bargins...I could have ordered a yard of navy blue Kona cloth from the Missouri Star Quit Company for $5.95 a yard, plus $5.35 postage. That seemed like a lot for a yard of cloth. So I had DH drive me to the LQS this morning. Got to visit with Elaine, and found their navy blue Kona cloth for less than $8.00 a yard, plus they had a sale going because of a Shop Hop. Yea!! I was ahead by buying local! 

Then DH found a fabric that he couldn't live without, for a new Friday Shirt. At $13.75 a yard. And at 6'5" he takes a lot of yardage...(sigh). So total ticket was just under $46.    So much for bargins.  I know I'll get the scraps from his shirt for my stash, but it was pink and has flowers on it. It won't go with a thing in my stash. That means I'll have to eventually buy something to go with it.   I'm going to have to get a paying job just to keep up with my bargins.

Ya'll have a quilty day!

Max

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 1:54 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
 Is there a special kind of ink I should be looking for?

Have no clue about the stamp and the stamper.. I make mine with muslin, wirite info on with  a Sharpie fine point marker. Easy Peasy.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,581
Points 51,760
Ginny replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 2:05 PM | Locked

Wow, this was the quilt that I liked the best.    Ginny

Page 197 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 195 196 197 198 199 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use