Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 196 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 194 195 196 197 198 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 9:18 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Patti, I found out that a dear friend from our early newlywed days is a 7th cousin. And, that our former neighbor was a 3rd cousin. And, recently, DH found out that a high school friend (he grew up in northern MS) lives HERE!!! Life is amazing.

We once found out that my daughter's best friend in junior high school was actually her 3rd cousin...and we found out that one of my grandsons and a classmate were actually 2nd cousins.  The man who used to help me with my genealogy research found out after several years of researching that we actually shared a great great grandmother.  This really is a small world.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 9:25 AM | Locked

Thanks for sharing Nancy, I love seeing other people's arts.   Those seam ripper/mustache trimmers vvere featured at one of the shop hops last year and, of course, I bought one.   They vvork pretty vvell on long seams. 

(sorry about the v"s, forgot to cut and paste a real "vv" before I started this post) 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 9:31 AM | Locked

CC:  Sprout is so cute, I bet he has a great temperament.  My youngest grandkid is now 5 and the oldest will be 13 next month so no more babies until the great grandkds come along. 

PS  Thanks for the loan of a "w" from your post Sukochi.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 11:21 AM | Locked

Maggie, I am lost, I can't find the "W" of which you speak.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 11:38 AM | Locked

Joni:
I'm blown away by your gorgeous houses...you have an awesome imagination!

I wish, Joni.  Those are pictures of other quilters' work - on display at the Sewing/Quilting Expo in Minneapolis.  But thanks for thinking that I might be that talented!  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 11:47 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I can see fabric post cards coming from those quilts.

Oh, yes, that's another thing I bought at the expo - one of those rubber postcard stamps for the address side of the card!  Now I have to find a stamp pad big enough for it.  Is there a special kind of ink I should be looking for?

For those of you curious about the hair trimmer seam ripper, it is only 4 inches long with a 1 inch wide blade and runs on one AA battery.  She said it was especially useful when removing paper piecing seams sewn with itty bitty stitches.  I will not be letting Randy trim his beard with this!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 11:51 AM | Locked

Maggie:
Those seam ripper/mustache trimmers vvere featured at one of the shop hops last year and, of course, I bought one.

Oh, good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who got suckered in!  LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 11:57 AM | Locked

Karla:
Here in Northern Nevada, we call that frozen fog "pogonip".  I believe that is the Paiute name for it.

We don't have a special name for it Karla, but it sure is pretty. Thanks for sharing, I love trivia like that.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 11:58 AM | Locked

Bonita:
Nice work Spudgrandma, I like the colors.

Thank you Bonita, I really like them also, they are really calming. I may have to make a whole quilt out of them one day.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:04 PM | Locked

Ginny:

I like your table runner, Spudgrandma.     Ginny  

Thank you Ginny!  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:06 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Oh, yes, that's another thing I bought at the expo - one of those rubber postcard stamps for the address side of the card!

Nancy, does that mean we should expect a pretty postcard from you soon?  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:06 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Karla:

Spudgrandma:
I especially like it when you get the foggy frost that covers everything, the sagebrush looks so cool!

Here in Northern Nevada, we call that frozen fog "pogonip".  I believe that is the Paiute name for it.  It is beautiful when it is clinging to the trees and bushes and, yes, it even makes the sagebrush pretty.

Here in Minnesota it's called "hoar frost" - really pretty on a cold sunny day! 

I've heard that before, I just did not know what it meant. Thanks for the info Nancy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:08 PM | Locked

Forgot to say, thank you for your virtual quilt show Nancy. Wow there were some beautiful quilts.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:11 PM | Locked

Marie:

Spud, your table runner is very pretty, love the colors. 

Thank you Marie...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:15 PM | Locked

Karla:
The man who used to help me with my genealogy research found out after several years of researching that we actually shared a great great grandmother.  This really is a small world.

I really enjoy genealogy also Karla. I have not done any for the last couple of years, but would like to get back into it. I've been trying to find out about my Mom's side of the family, but cannot get past my grandmother. Do you use Ancestor.com ? I subscribed just before I got sick and then was not able to use it. If you use it, is it worth it?

Page 196 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 194 195 196 197 198 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use