Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 195 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 193 194 195 196 197 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:38 PM | Locked

Donna B:
ROFLOL...So, Wahl found another use for all those hair-trimmers they had laying around from the 80's huh...! 

Now you have me chuckling because I did think it looked like a hair trimmer...  So what's the story of Wahl in the 80's?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 11:00 PM | Locked

Nancy

These are gorgeous house quilts I love all of them.  They look really fun to make.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 11:04 PM | Locked

Donna

I think there is still one of those clippers in my house.   Maybe I should drag it out and see if it really works.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 11:25 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Donna B:
ROFLOL...So, Wahl found another use for all those hair-trimmers they had laying around from the 80's huh...! 

Now you have me chuckling because I did think it looked like a hair trimmer...  So what's the story of Wahl in the 80's?

Not much of a story, but I remember using them to trim my boys hair (when they were still young enough to let me be their barber)...LOL!  I think every family with young boys had a set of Wahl trimmers to trim around the ears and neckline on Saturday night (to be neat and tidy for church on Sunday mornings).  Come to think of it, that would have been more like the 70's...boy how time flies!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 11:37 PM | Locked

Thought you all might like to know that I had an email from Marge P today and she is recovering from knee replacement #2 as well as can be expected.  (They "tweeked knee #1 at the same time they replaced knee #2.)   She can't sit very long on the laptop or pc (30 min max), so hasn't been able to keep up or post much and spends a lot of her days on the continuous motion machine and/or at physical therapy.  She is getting better, but it is a very slow process for her. She made a comment - something about giving a deep sigh every time she walks by her sewing room.    I think we can all understand those feelings...   Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 2:04 AM | Locked

Nancy ,beauitful quilts.  thanks for sharing with us.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 6:58 AM | Locked

MNancy

I'm blown away by your gorgeous houses...you have an awesome imagination!  Wish you would give a retreat showing us your techniques...and sharing, better yet letting us pick your brain for a week.

Better yet come to Georgia and give a 3 day seminar or some such at AST.    I would gladly sign up to learn from you, and PAY!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:01 AM | Locked

Time to get busy and make the pillow to go with Kelsi's quilt.  Then will take pics and share.  Have to be completed today, going to give to the lovely little girls tomorrow.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:11 AM | Locked

gini:
karla, i live in a small town and our family tree doesn't branch much.

We are in a rural area too, but my in-law's families were fairly large, and among some of the early settlers.  A gazillion shirt-tail relations.  So sometimes with friends whose families have also been in the area a while, we start discussing names to see who is related.  We went to the wedding of some friends at church.  The groom was cousin to my late husband's brother's wife.  My daughter saw her classmate there, and she asked him why he was there.  "My Dad is getting married."  Then both of them realize "we are related!" It just keeps getting more complicated, people come to town, their kids get married and ... more relatives!  I've been to some family reunions, and met my co-workers there, and learn we are related.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:52 AM | Locked

Bev :

Why is it we love to see pictures of snow but not the actual white stuff? Sorry CC if you don't like snow but hope you stay warm and enjoy your time inside.

i am sure our snow days won't be far off!

Brrr.  Not me!  I don't like pictures or the real thing!  Been there, done that... all that "pretty" snow just means trouble after the oos and ahhs are over... shoveling, back sprains, slipping on the ice after it melts and refreezes, car accidents, cold puddles on the kitchen floor...  nope, not me!  I am LOVIN south Texas!  If I need a reason to stay in and sew or read or watch tv, I just have to wait till it's over 100 degrees out (which is most of the summer) cuz who wants to go out in THAT!?  LOL  When the temps dip below 50 now I run for socks and sweat pants! 

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 8:04 AM | Locked

Oh Nancy!  Thank you for sharing those pictures!  The houses/homes were so imaginative!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,612
Points 178,538
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 8:15 AM | Locked

Spud, your table runner is very pretty, love the colors.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,612
Points 178,538
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 8:26 AM | Locked

Beautiful bunch of quilts, thanks for sharing Nancy.  I love the little house quilts, did you bid on any?

Let us know how your seam ripper works.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 8:49 AM | Locked

Oh, Donna, tell Marge P.. T & P coming her way. Hope the healing goes quickly. DH says it is all in the exercising. He had a hard time with knee replacemnt but constant exercise did it and he is fine.

Haven't heard much from you, either. Or, maybe I have not been paying attention. Think everyone is busy, busy getting Christmas gifts ready.

Patti, I found out that a dear friend from our early newlywed days is a 7th cousin. And, that our former neighbor was a 3rd cousin. And, recently, DH found out that a high school friend (he grew up in northern MS) lives HERE!!! Life is amazing.

Got a dirty house to clean today. Thea, want to come? I am sure you would love making my floors shine like glass. Me? Not so much. I will settle for clean.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Sat, Nov 10 2012 9:03 AM | Locked

MnNancy, I can see fabric post cards coming from those quilts. No doubt. Lots of ideas from those. Thanks for sharing. I bet they were even more amazing in person. You lucky duck.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Page 195 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 193 194 195 196 197 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use