Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 194 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 192 193 194 195 196 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 7:41 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I agreed to do the genealogy for a church friend. She is such a hoot. I talked to her, today, with what I had found so far (started about 2 p.m. yesterday). I told her that I had found that her grandfather was in an asylum for the mentally ill. And, she "Oh, yes, he tried to kill his whole fgamily and then set a bomb under the house. His wife finally had enough and had him committed." She also said her Dad tried to kill them also and that her mom forced him out. He disappeared after the 1940 census. I can not find hind or hair of that man. He is not in the social security death index. He was born in 1899, so I know he is dead. I am wondering if he changed his name. I told her that her oldest brother was a half brother....she went crazy. She said there was always an odd relationship with he and her Mom. She had no clue that her Dad was married before he married her Mom. Hey wait, I wonder if he killed his first wife. Will have to check that out.

I do genealogy too and it is really surprising the strange things you can find out about your family.  My husband's grandfather was a bank robber in Kansas before he got married and settled down.  He didn't get caught but his cousin was shot after shooting the local sheriff during their getaway.  My family all comes from German settlements in Russia and there sure were a lot of inter-marriages in the small village they came from.  I have a 3rd cousin whose great grandparents were the same on both sides of his family.  I guess in those small villages you did what you had to do to get by.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,695
Bonita replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 7:55 PM | Locked

Nice work Spudgrandma, I like the colors.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,525
Points 50,995
Ginny replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 7:59 PM | Locked

I like your table runner, Spudgrandma.     Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 9:03 PM | Locked

karla, i live in a small town and our family tree doesn't branch much.  explains a lot about me, huh?

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 9:52 PM | Locked

Karla:

Spudgrandma:
I especially like it when you get the foggy frost that covers everything, the sagebrush looks so cool!

Here in Northern Nevada, we call that frozen fog "pogonip".  I believe that is the Paiute name for it.  It is beautiful when it is clinging to the trees and bushes and, yes, it even makes the sagebrush pretty.

Here in Minnesota it's called "hoar frost" - really pretty on a cold sunny day!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:02 PM | Locked

I drove to Minneapolis with my friend Carol today for the "Original Sewing & Quilt Expo."   I guess it's the 17th time that it's been here, but I have never gone.  It was more garment sewing than quilting, but they did have a few interesting exhibits displayed. Some of these challenges could be fun to reproduce for a guild.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,346
Points 241,972
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:06 PM | Locked

Nancy - was Jodie Davis there?  I know she does a lot with that group.  I didn't see where she was going but she might have jumped a plane at the last minute... 

Those blocks are just gorgeous.

I am ready to hit the hay - been fighting my rotten body all day long.  It absolutely hates me.  I had to up my pain meds as they just were not working and I absolutely hate that - makes me so so so mad.... So now my body is aching again and I refuse to take anymore so going to take my muscle relaxer that puts me to sleep and go to bed.... nothing on that I am interested in watching and the house is quiet -except for DHs snoring in his chair - told him to go to bed - lol - he did in his chair...

Well, off to shut the lights off and lock up the house for the night... see you on the flip side.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:07 PM | Locked

Wine, anyone?  Nana might recognize these since they come from Virginia.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:07 PM | Locked

No sign of Jodie Davis, Thea.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:11 PM | Locked

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:21 PM | Locked

great bunch of quilts, nancy, and yes they would be good projects for a guild

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:23 PM | Locked

Judy E (from Enumclaw) must have a sister in Minn - just look at those itty-bitty log cabin blocks (in pic # 2 & 3) ... LOL!

And they're in farmyard scenes too...I am sure Judy will just LOVE them!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:24 PM | Locked

I, of course, spent too much money in the vendor hall.  Look at my new seam ripper!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:25 PM | Locked

Donna B:
Judy E (from Enumclaw) must have a sister in Minn - just look at those itty-bitty log cabin blocks (in pic # 2 & 3) ... LOL!

That's who I thought of when I saw them, too. These blocks were made by quilters from all over.  The show travels the U.S.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:30 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

I, of course, spent too much money in the vendor hall.  Look at my new seam ripper!

ROFLOL...So, Wahl found another use for all those hair-trimmers they had laying around from the 80's huh...! 

(Sorry for laughing, but it is just too funny.)    Who knows, the laugh may be on me!!!

Let us know if it works Nancy.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 50
Page 194 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 192 193 194 195 196 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use