Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 192 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 190 191 192 193 194 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,431
Points 243,442
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 11:25 AM | Locked

Carol - I hope I didn't upset you but I looked and you were no longer online and I was curious too - so googled it and put it on for all who were curious like me - CC safety is a big concern... and it is shameful that there are those who steal like that - isn't that one of the commandments... 

Today was another morning like yesterday but I had had DH put 2 pills for me next to the bed.  I do think I am going to have to call my doctor if this keeps up.  half my day is spent sitting in my chair trying to get the pain to go away.  I ache all over today and it is beautiful out.  Supposed to be in the 80s... I am sorry CC - I know what you are going through - but you get to cuddle under a quilt - drink some hot chocolate and read quilt magazines - look out and see the wonderful snowiness that will put the great resource of water back into your ground for next spring... we are blowing away from the dust here - we need that moisture so I would take it in a heart beat.

The thread for Rita's quilt should be here today so that I can start the trapunto of the dogs - I am not actually looking forward to it arriving as I think it will just sit over there for a couple days before I can use it.  I have to figure out something for dinner tonight too - the pot roast I had in the slow crock cooker was finished off last night- maybe DH won't complain if I ask him to make his kielbasa dish.  He likes making that and it is good... a yummy kielbasa and potatoes, onions and peppers with some spices and olive oil closed up in tin foil and in the summer he cooks on the grill - winter in the oven - best on the grill though for some reason I can't figure out why....teeheee...

The fur babies are all resting and watching me - I move and they all lift their heads... funny how they do know when something is wrong with the boss... as if I really was their boss - I think I am the one that gets bossed...teehee...

Have to find a good movie to watch.  Think I might get out the Twilight movies since the last one will be out next week - too bad only at the theatres - what few we have left across the country - but soon I'll see it on DVD... I did enjoy the books and am told they kept fairly close to the script... should be interesting.

Well, time to lean back and just wait and see if this pain goes away today! 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580
Melissa Halpain replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 11:30 AM | Locked

chocake2:
We're having a nice blizzard. The wind is holding steady at 27mph. and current temps are close to zero.

Well we don't have a blizzard here, but we do have our first snow of the year. It's pretty but not to drive in. I have an older car with a dent in it (my husband did that), but I can drive in the snow and get up any hill. It has 4 wheel drive and a manual transmission so I get in first gear and go. Even if I don't go anywhere, I know it's out there and I'm not stuck here in any emergency. Everyone, stay safe in all the winter weather.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 11:32 AM | Locked

chocake2:
Hmmm...I think it's a grand day to curl up with a cup of hot cocoa and a quilt magazine. Maybe I'll get a few blocks made today!

That sounds like a great plan CC...stay warm!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 12:27 PM | Locked

CC, I love the winter , the snow now that I Don't have to get out in it. Retirement does have its advantages ..lol   Stay warm and safe ..

Thea, I watched  two movies last evening ,the Raven  which I loved , and friend  wanted for the end of the world.  Oh I liked that movie and I have to admit I cried like a baby at a couple of scenes  they were so good.

Went to the Doctors today . got a clean bill of heath , new scripts for my meds ,some vicodin for my knees,and he put me on some Zyrtec allergy med.. My knees have been so painful the last couple of days its been waking me up at night .No good..

Its really nice here today as well but that's all going to change Sat night . and we are going to have several days of cool to cold weather.   Thanks care of yourself and maybe you do need to call your doctor , you may need to have him up your dose of  pain meds.. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 12:35 PM | Locked

The view from my kitchen window. The snow is drifting up onto it, hence the wierd blob in the lower corner of the pic.  The door is drifted shut, so I guess we won't be going anywhere.  Of course, Sprout knows just how to spend the day! 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 12:40 PM | Locked

WOW>CC,you do have blizzard sow . Good you and the family stay safe.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 12:40 PM | Locked

Sprout is adorable!! You can keep the snow, not ready for that.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 12:55 PM | Locked

CC,  nice job teaching sprout how to pick fabric from the get-go

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,758
Points 66,950
Bonita replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:18 PM | Locked

Well done Barbara on your DR. visit. Hope you get some relief for your knees. I've had two replacements and know your pain.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,758
Points 66,950
Bonita replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:27 PM | Locked

CC your view is beautiful but please keep it to yourself. We had our first taste of winter and I say that with tongue in cheek, Thur morning it was all the way down to 55 with a high of 71. Blue skies with out a cloud in the sky. Only down to 65 this morning and going back to the high 70's low 80's tomorrow. Back to having the AC on.

Looks like Sprout wants another quilt. He sure is a cutie.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,431
Points 243,442
Thea replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 2:26 PM | Locked

Barbara:
Went to the Doctors today . got a clean bill of heath , new scripts for my meds ,some vicodin for my knees,and he put me on some Zyrtec allergy med.. My knees have been so painful the last couple of days its been waking me up at night .No good.

Glad to hear that you got an excellent bill of health Barbara and happy you got your scripts refilled.  

CC... that snow - oh my - get your magazine - get Sprout and get under those quilts... I am chilly looking at the pictures and it is 80+ here today... back door is wide open and the warmth is seeping in... wish I could send you some...

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 2:50 PM | Locked

Why is it we love to see pictures of snow but not the actual white stuff? Sorry CC if you don't like snow but hope you stay warm and enjoy your time inside.

i am sure our snow days won't be far off!

from TN

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 2:59 PM | Locked

Barbara, Congrats on the clean bill of health! And I hope your knee pain eases up.

from TN

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 3:03 PM | Locked

I just finished putting the border on my Mystery Quilt VI which was the kit from MSQC. Since it would not let me post in that group I would like to know how any of you who have finished that quilt did the quilting. I was thinking about hand quilting but may try machine quilting.

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Fri, Nov 9 2012 3:31 PM | Locked

CC, yuk to the snow and a great big smile for Sprout!  Is he helping you decide on fabrics for your next quilt?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Page 192 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 190 191 192 193 194 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use