Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 187 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 185 186 187 188 189 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,941
Points 234,192
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 3:10 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I think at some extent all senior adults have degenerative disc disease . This is what causes us to lose height.  I know I have lost 3 inches. Haven't been able to locate them, either. They might have been carried off by my large colony of dust bunnies. 8-]

Losing height...teehee... I graduated high school and stood a whopping 5'1" tall... almost the shortest girl in my class... I left for college and came home at Christmas wearing my longest pants which didn't reach my ankles - I was now 5'5" tall... then when I joined the military at 27 years of age - I was 5'6" tall... when I retired at the whopping age of 48 I was 5'7 1/2" tall... now why do I keep growing... At the present I am measured at 5'7" which is what I really think I was when I retired but they gave me that extra 1/2" and I was proud of it...teehee... My legs are just 2" shorter then my DHs - he wears a 36" in seam - I wear 34" ... all legs - so although I might lose a little with the disc compression I am not sure how much as my height is in my legs...teehee... I don't think the leg bones shorten - or maybe they do...teehee...

Nana, At first when I quit taking the anti imflammatories I thought I would die - but after my body got used to not having them it got better and now when I take them when I truly need them I get almost instant relief.  To have that much pain and taking them every day - you may need to go to a stronger anti-inflammatory to get any relief.  I take Mobic for mine... guess it has been around for over 40 years so the side effects and long term effects are well known.  I so wish you were not in this vice... it is no fun... most days I do okay but then every once in a while - usually an over cast day with no sun - it just severely gets to me... I am so praying for some good answers and something that the doctors find that they can do.  In my case it will be when I can't stand it anymore and allow them to cut me open - but then as I said before I have been told that the surgeries will come fast and furious after that - and I really don't ever want to go under the knife again.  I have had 2 neck surgeries already but with blown out discs you have no choice... just pinching you can deal with and the loss of mobility in the neck - I don't want - I have lost enough from these two fusions.

And besides who would clean my floors for me and make them shine - you should see the dogs - teehee - Jay came home and they went truthfully flying to greet him - legs going every direction - teehee...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995
Elaine Phillips replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 7:04 PM | Locked

I went to vote today. There were only 3 voters there when I went. That included me. I live in the country and we vote in a renovated old school house that is used now for a community center out in the country.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,038
Points 108,680
chocake2 replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 7:23 PM | Locked

*Sigh* I don't even know why I bother to vote on a national level. Our polls won't close for another 2 hours...by which time the electorial college will already have it's mind made up. MT isn't big enough or early enough to sway it.  But I cast my ballet and hope that they make a difference on the local elections. And it was nice to go over to the polls and catch up on all the local goings on. LOL

Dh goes back to work tomorrow after a week of vacation. He leaves at the same time the kids return from school so they won't see him for a few days... and I won't have the house all to myself (and Sprout) anytime soon. LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:06 PM | Locked

chocake2:
*Sigh* I don't even know why I bother to vote on a national level. Our polls won't close for another 2 hours..

Yes, the west coast is pretty much inconsequential when it comes to national elections. I finally had to leave the room and go into my sewing room as I just couldn't watch the election news any longer. George thought I was going to break something every time some results were not what I wanted. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,941
Points 234,192
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 8:27 PM | Locked

Every vote counts and it shouldn't matter - I love how they project though with less then 50% of the vote in... I quit watching as it was upsetting to me too - I just want America to be good and strong again and to be able to stand up and be proud.  I know as a military person some of the years that I was stationed overseas were tough to be in uniform.  when i was in Croatia we were not allowed to wear our uniforms because we were blamed for so much.  I want our people everywhere to be safe and that if any get in trouble that they know that they will not be left alone.  

I want everyone in this country to be able to buy made in America and for the jobs to stay here and so many things... I know we are being guided in a direction and I just want to understand why... 

I do know that some things in this country make me so mad... and that we need to start voicing our opinions instead of sitting back and letting a loud minority voice be the leader because we don't want controversy and think for some reason that what is right is actually what will happen... 

I mostly want a strong America... and I don't want to worry about a split nation.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:00 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Our polls won't close for another 2 hours...by which time the electorial college will already have it's mind made up.

I would guess MT closes the same time as CO, and the election will likely not be decided until CO comes in.  I'm watching returns and computing at the same time.  We're not used to having to watch commercials.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715
Judy T-Bellingham replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:05 PM | Locked

Very well put Thea.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:27 PM | Locked

Well, the election has been called (wow, earlier than I expected), so I guess I can go to bed.  Still waiting to hear about two constitutional amendments being voted on in Minnesota and our state and local elections, but I guess I can turn on the morning news for those.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 11:00 PM | Locked

Yeah, and they haven't even started posting the results for WA state.  The presidential race is decided.  But I am also interested in our race for governor.  and a few other measures on the ballot. 

It seems the decision for the country is made before the west side gets a chance, and here in WA state it is the West side of the state that makes the decisions for the less populated East side.  Many on the east side think we should be a separate state. 

Ah, but the right to vote is a glorious thing.  I am glad we have that right.

And no more political commercials!!!!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 6:33 AM | Locked

Thea, you sure are well spoken. That is a given.

As a senior with only Medicare and Social Security to keep the wolves from the door, I am truely afraid of what happens now. After hearing the news of the reelection, I went to bed and cried for the future of this Country.  While we have no worry about taxes going up, we live at the poverty level, I know this will cause a world of hurt for my DS1 and my BIL (still no D there!).

My DS2 will be dancing in the street in Boulder, CO. Though I doubt she will be taking part in using the now legal recreational use of marajuana. What is this world coming too?

I am sorry, if my statements are upsetting to many of you. I am just stating my fears for this Country and our image throughout the world. 

On to lighter topics. Ya'll i haIe a problem with my peicing that I have never had before. I pieced 2 blocks and when I put the second on my design wall, the first was two inches longer then the second. But, and this is the kicker, the seams from one to another, matched precisly!! I have frogged the first and will resew it. But, I know, if it is even an 1/8th of an inch different in the lenght, the seam will no longer match perfectly. What gives? Anyone got a clue?

My DGF sent me an email this a.m. and said that  she received, in her spam, 99 emails from me. She said they decided to delete them. Now, I told her that it took me many hours to wirte and send all of those,jk, I don't know what this means.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:43 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

My DGF sent me an email this a.m. and said that  she received, in her spam, 99 emails from me. She said they decided to delete them. Now, I told her that it took me many hours to wirte and send all of those,jk, I don't know what this means.

Yeah...  I got about 40 from you last night too!  You were a busy girl ;-) 

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 8:02 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
As a senior with only Medicare and Social Security to keep the wolves from the door, I am truely afraid of what happens now. After hearing the news of the reelection, I went to bed and cried for the future of this Country.

I'm confused, Sukochi.  I would guess you'd have more to worry about in this regard had the other party won.  Well, in reality, I'd say that whoever won, some changes in Medicare and SS have to happen to extend its life, but its others who will be targeted to make up the difference.  I truly believe your coverage will be fine. (I'm an optimist)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 8:04 AM | Locked

I have never appliqued on a quilt before.  Would you put the applique on first then quilt or after you quilt?  The pattern is long strips and the appliques are a butterfly and dragonfly.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 8:11 AM | Locked

You should applique first, then quilt.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 8:20 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

My DGF sent me an email this a.m. and said that  she received, in her spam, 99 emails from me. 

Sukochi,  you should change your email password - and the password on any other accounts with the same user name and password - if you haven't done so already.  Your account might be compromised.  

Raleigh, NC

Page 187 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 185 186 187 188 189 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use