Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 186 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 184 185 186 187 188 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,589
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 12:39 PM | Locked

I knew you would be cheering for the frigid weather gini. :) I would not mind it so bad if I could get warm, but I'm always cold...:(

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,589
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 12:42 PM | Locked

Weird, it posted twice...Sorry... And, then I got a awaiting moderation notification???

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,702
Points 436,420
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 12:57 PM | Locked

I had to be at the MRI facility at 7:30 this morning....yuck.  I hate early morning appts.  They did another MRI of the cervical spine and then did one of the lumbar spine.  I have went from a dull ache to constant pain in the neck and lower back.   Wish I was better at reading MRI films...LOL>   Now I have to wait until Monday to see the Dr and find out if there is anything they can do or if it is just another pain that I will have to learn to live with.

Went to vote...wow. ..  that was the most people I have seen at the polling site ever.   Then came home and had breakfast, took a pain pill, and laid down for a nap.   Now if I can find some energy I will do some quilting.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,934
gini replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 12:58 PM | Locked

i had to go check the forecast,  it's going down to 19 degrees in a couple of days.   and snow.  they keep predicting snow, so far it hasn't happened.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 1:03 PM | Locked

Oh, Thea, I am SO glad you got that kitchen so clean. I was really worried about just how dirty it was.  LOL You are a perfectionis,t like my sister. I want a house that looks lived in, and if a few dust bunnies and kitty prints are on the kitchen floor, I am that much more cozy feeling. I was told once to keep the vacuum cleaner in the living room and tell people who came in, that the maid got an emergancy call and had to run. I am waiting for her to come back and get it finished!! Love that.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,289
Points 413,934
gini replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 1:06 PM | Locked

nana, i hope they can get you pain figured aout and that it is an easy fix. 

i did my good citizen duty, and voted.  i've never seen our polling places too busy. we have a town of 7000 and three polling spots, so how busy could it get? 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 1:19 PM | Locked

Nana:
Went to vote...wow. ..  that was the most people I have seen at the polling site ever.

Not surprising.  They say Virginia is going to determine the winner.

I went to vote twice.  Surprisingly our polling place was not open at 9 a.m. - had to go back at 10:00.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,197
Points 239,007
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 1:30 PM | Locked

Nana:
I had to be at the MRI facility at 7:30 this morning....yuck.  I hate early morning appts.  They did another MRI of the cervical spine and then did one of the lumbar spine.  I have went from a dull ache to constant pain in the neck and lower back.   Wish I was better at reading MRI films...LOL>   Now I have to wait until Monday to see the Dr and find out if there is anything they can do or if it is just another pain that I will have to learn to live with.

Nana - having lived with neck and lower back pain from my spinal problems for over 10 years now, I hope that they find some answers for you.  I can tell you that for me heat is the best answer....I live on my electric blankets.  When my lower back gets really bad then I sit on ice for sometimes a couple days to freeze the area.  That gets the swelling down and releases the nerves.  I hate those days but I know now that that is what gets it better.

One other thing that I do is - I don't take my anti imflammatories every day.  One of my doctors told me not too - to take them when I actually need them and I can honestly say that they work better that way - I take them when the pain becomes super bad and they get in there and do the job but once it is back to just normal daily pain then I stop taking them.  

I have degenerative disc disease and I know that each year my spine gets worse and that once I start having surgeries it will be a yearly thing as that will be the sign that I am soon going to be in that wheel chair that they tell me I will be in one day.  I keep putting off that first surgery and so far am doing okay.  

I can tell you though that I don't wish this pain on anyone and so wish that you didn't have to suffer - and maybe - you have just a pinched nerve that they can get to release.  I did find a good gel that does get in there and help... It is made by Elemis Spa Home - called Instant refreshing gel - a muscle reviving body gel.  It is one of the only gels that I have found that gets in to the spot and gives me relief - especially if I am away from home or have to drive for any distance.  it seems to numb the area and then gives relief... has a mentholatum, camphor, arnica, birch and witch hazel in it.  All good things for the release of muscle pain which then helps relieve the stress on the nerves.

But as I said I hope that you get some relief soon and that they find this isn't long term.  It does get to one if you have this pain day after day with no good thoughts for the future... But chin up - the sun will come up tomorrow and we will have beautiful flowers in the spring...  T&P coming your way!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,197
Points 239,007
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 1:38 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Oh, Thea, I am SO glad you got that kitchen so clean. I was really worried about just how dirty it was.  LOL You are a perfectionis,t like my sister. I want a house that looks lived in, and if a few dust bunnies and kitty prints are on the kitchen floor, I am that much more cozy feeling. I was told once to keep the vacuum cleaner in the living room and tell people who came in, that the maid got an emergancy call and had to run. I am waiting for her to come back and get it finished!! Love that.

Sukochi, I will have to remember that line...teehee... My home really did used to be perfect but then I had the energy and ability to clean it all in one day!  Now it is a little done each day and by the end of the week I have to start all over.  Living in the dust bowl of America doesn't help and having all these fur babies running in and out all the time doesn't do me any good either...teehee... but I love them... and when it is all nice and clean in the house I do feel just a little better.

One of my friends told me once to get a housekeeper to help me - my reply was I would have to clean before she got here and then after she left I would be redoing it as it wouldn't be up to my standards so what was the use...teehee... why waste that money... so now I live with it not being perfect every day but I am not worrying about it as much as I used to either...teehee

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,626
Points 36,875
ls2116 replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 1:50 PM | Locked

I voted, went to Lunch with DH & DS Got my mq7's all cut don't know why I'm making two again other than to plain use up fabric.  After eating out felt sick but I always have that problem with eating out. I might start sewing for my version of a stain glass quilt.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,702
Points 436,420
Nana replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 2:11 PM | Locked

Thea

I do know that if they can't do anything to make it better that I will learn to deal with it.   It is just hard to add anything else to the "have to live with it " list.   Bah humbug.   But life does go on and most days I am just fine.   I have tried not taking the anti inflammatories all the time but if I go even 2 days without then all the joints start screaming.   Just don't do well without them at all.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 2:11 PM | Locked

Thea, YOU are my sister!!

Nana, praying that there is a non-surgical treatment to relieve your pain. I have a pain in the neck....but don't tell HIM I said that.

I think at some extent all senior adults have degenerative disc disease . This is what causes us to lose height.  I know I have lost 3 inches. Haven't been able to locate them, either. They might have been carried off by my large colony of dust bunnies. 8-]

Yeah, Thea, the sun will come up tomorrow, but if we keep the blinds closed, maybe we can just go back to sleep.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 2:19 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Nana:
Went to vote...wow. ..  that was the most people I have seen at the polling site ever.

Not surprising.  They say Virginia is going to determine the winner.

I went to vote twice.  Surprisingly our polling place was not open at 9 a.m. - had to go back at 10:00.

I knew it Nana is so wise they are waiting for her to vote before they decide.

Just a question do they do what we do over here and use schools and village halls as voting stations?

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 2:28 PM | Locked

Whoo-Hoo! Congradulations gini!

Nancy those pin cushions are darling. Ive seen them at the Quilting Hen. They might have the pattern for sale there.

Thea, now that your floors are glowing, how about coming and doing mine? You seem to love cleaning them so much...I'd hate to deny you your pleasure by doing them myself. LOL

Sprout is eating the printer cable. I think I'm vary glad it's not plugged in at the moment.

I corralled Dh and we re-arranged furniture this morning. It'll take a few days to get everything stowed away again but with his help we were able to make quick work of the big stuff.  I've been wanting to do it ever since I bought the new reclyner, but haven't had the chance.

Boss guys and the family popped over for java after they voted, so I had a houseful while the furniture was piled in the middle of the room. *sigh* Never fails. If the hopuse is ready for guests, no one graces the door, but let there be an unslightly mess and everyone and their uncle drops in!

Now I am out the door to vote, and then off to the shop for a little torch time before the cold weather gets here and shuts down operations. I'm hoping to make a few thimbles before Christmas...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,197
Points 239,007
Thea replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 3:01 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Thea, now that your floors are glowing, how about coming and doing mine? You seem to love cleaning them so much...I'd hate to deny you your pleasure by doing them myself. LOL

Oh CC - If I was closer and at your house everyday - I probably would pitch in and help you clean...teehee... when I stay at my DDIL and DS's I am always cleaning - not that they are messy but I feel the need to help... 

I would love to change my furniture around - but alas, that would require someone being here to help me... I remember the days when DH would come home to a whole new outlook within our doors... now he doesn't have to worry...teehee... 

Page 186 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 184 185 186 187 188 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use