Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 181 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 179 180 181 182 183 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:48 PM | Locked

Linda:

Today I did next to nothing but nap and stayed in my jammies. What a day!! Hugs.

My kind of day Linda, glad you enjoyed yours.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:49 PM | Locked

Thank you Leslie and Nana... (((HUGS)))

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,561
Points 118,395
Judy Taylor-Bellingham replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 10:51 PM | Locked

Nana:

Judy

I do remember the shrimp boat.  And the satin stitching turning out to be the wrong color of thread.   And I also remember that it was a beautiful quilt.

LOL. You have a great memory Nana!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 11:26 PM | Locked

Nana:

Should I maybe send you a project or two or three .....or more of the numerous projects that are started but not finished.   I would be happy to let you finish some of them for me.

Or maybe you should just come visit and we can get lots of these things done together.

i managed to find something to keep me occupied, and now i am starving.  i have been here since noon.  i am caught up on most of my stuff and now i can start the christmas projects.  except for cleaning, i need to clean the studio so i can find my christmas projects.  i would love to come work on projects with you nana, we just live too darned far apart. 

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 11:36 PM | Locked

Marie:

Karla, extend my congratulations to Christian and give him a hug from this old Gramma.  That's quite an honor he's earned at the age of 13.  Not my hug, the Black Belt.  Thought I'd clear that up before Frances reads into it.  :  )

Marie,

You know me too well.

Spud - fab quilt even though youve had problems with it, its turned out lovely.

Barbara - We had a quilter in the UK called Amy Emms she only ever made whole cloth quilts, she died a few years back but her work goes on show at quilt shows, everything from big quilts, tea cosys to her daughters wedding dress she used a fabric called Sateen to make them (i believe this is not the same as satin). even though its not something i would do i always look at her work in awe. So well done Barbara its not an easy thing to do and you have done a stunning job.

Sukochi- prayers up for Thea, how did you get on with the baby quilt.

Gini - dont worry about finding anything to do i have plenty and more than willing to share

Marie - By the way did your new EPP book come.

Ok everyone have a good nights rest its 5.30 am and im just off to work.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 8:19 AM | Locked

Frances, Got 1-1/2 rows done before Jim came and insisted I stop. I know he is just trying to take care of me, and loves me, BUT, I can't get anything done. However, I sat in my recliner and at the kit. table, and got the front of my 2nd post card almost done. Need to go in searh of a modern,one inch size button in a lime green, or bright yellow. And, know just the place to go. My LSQ has these awesome big buttons. Can't wait to get over there.

I see the Surgeon for my Post Op today. Will expect a great report. After, all I am amazing myself.

Dawn, so glad you are feeling much better. As in anything, this to shall pass.

Barbara, have you head from Thea? I know you have talked to her on the phone from time to time.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 174,563
Marie replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 8:27 AM | Locked

Frances, thanks for reminding me, forgot I ordered it along with One Block Wonders.  I think they said Wed. or Thurs. for delivery.  Goody, I have something to look forward to.  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:26 AM | Locked

Thanks Leslie

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:26 AM | Locked

Nana,thank you .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:29 AM | Locked

Thank You Frances ,I would love to see Amy Emms work , I just bet it is beauitful . Batbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:32 AM | Locked

Happy Monday ever'body!

I woke up feeling like I snuck an extra hour of sleep in. That's the one perk to Daylight savings...

I "played" at work all weekend, so today I have to play catch-up on all the chores I negelcted. Mt Washpile has rediculaous heights!

DD has started work on her Christmas gifts. Naturally that involved having Mom "help" make her some specialty beads for her custom jewelry projects. I made her make a few of her own, and then just filled in the gaps with some more elaborate ones. I'd like to get some torch time to just play with the things I want to make for a change, but that just never seems to happen, and the weather is such that my time in the shop is getting pretty limited. *Sigh* Poor me...I'll just have to quilt instead. :)

I'd like to work on a few more blocks for my friend's project, but my back and shoulders are still complaining about spending all weekend hunched over the work table in the lab, so that might not be a good idea...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:33 AM | Locked

Yes ,Sukochi, she is doing good , the weather has  her in some what more pain then usual but she has been fine.   She has been on here alot lately but she has days where she just doen't say any thing, They were up late Sat  cause Jay had a poker tourney ,they probably slept most of Sunday..LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:48 AM | Locked

Thanks, Barbara for the update.

If you read this Thea, we love you, Girl. And, I will continue to pray for you.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:54 AM | Locked

Good Morning all! I hope to get more binding done on quilt #3 today, I made quite a bit of progress yesterday. Then I need to seriously figure out what I'm going to do with all this stuff, I will have to put most everything away for the holidays, although I may not need it done until Christmas, but I probably better be safe and not sorry...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:58 AM | Locked

Can't postpone it anymore.  Got to go into work.  Might have jury duty tomorrow.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 181 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 179 180 181 182 183 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use