Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 171 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 169 170 171 172 173 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 5:00 PM | Locked

Dawn:
Praying for you Spud!  I have a fantastic dentist, he is great, but I still don't like going . . .

We do too, but I just don't like to go, I'm not sure why after everything I've been through this last two years I'm afraid of the dentist. LOL

You feel better soon Dawn...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 5:03 PM | Locked

Very cute Dawn... LOL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 5:11 PM | Locked

Vivan ,thanks so much that made alot of sense to me. I'll have to get some of that grid paper and try this on my next one .It will be helpful . I'm not a very good artist but If I understand it I guess that's what matters ..LOL   I think this project your drawing is going to be reallly beautiful and you should go thru with it . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 5:42 PM | Locked

I find if i can break a project down into separate elements, it takes the scary out of it.  After all, how many people have said to you "oh,no, I could never make a quilt, ever, its to hard"  When we know its just a bunch of simple little things that are sewn into blocks that are sewn into quilt tops.  I can say that now that I decided to eliminate an element in my strip quilt because it wasn't working at all. 

Graph paper sure helps me.  Im glad you were able to follow my process.

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 15
Points 585
thatoneguy replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:02 PM | Locked

right now im finishing dinner and getting ready to work on my moms van she gets to eat, i get to work. lol. but it needs to get done tonight or she wont have a way to get to work. i have to replace a tube that goes to her radiator. should be fun. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:23 PM | Locked

Hey, How y'all doin'?

Will start making felt flowers for my Fall burlap. fabric and flet flower wreath tomorrow. Can't wait to get started.

Wanted to do it today, but, I am so sore, as I heal. My dinner, last night, liked to have killed me so back to square one and a all liquid diet. I might as well just give up and stop trying to get ahead of myself.

Can't believe what we are seeing on the TV about the storm strcken areas. How sad. poor New Jersey. My heart goes out to those poor people and all the devastated houses. John Stossell had a beach house for a long time, in Florida, I think. The house would get badly damaged by a hurrucane, and the govt. would pay for it. Then it would get hit again and they would pay to rebuild it. So, none of the wealth will be out money who lose their beach houses that are right On the water's edge. But, others will have lost everything. So, not fair. But so the way we keto to the wealthy in this Country. Off my soapbox.

Off to bed. The TV cable is out, and since I don't feel like going into my toy room and playing with my toys, guess I will go to bed and pray for a better tomorrow.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,671
Points 65,735
Bonita replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 9:24 PM | Locked

Dawn, so cute. You ain't selling me to Butterball, love that line.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 9:00 AM | Locked

Well for a few hours today ,I'm meeting up with Melody and we are going to a quilt show in Lee Summit, then we are going to go visit Quilter  Station , also in Lee summit. My first time to visit this shop and I do have a friend that works there.  So its going to be a fun afternoon . Gonna pick her up in about an hour so guess I'd best get off here and go get ready . see ya all later ,Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540
Melissa Halpain replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 10:57 AM | Locked

I am so proud of myself today, I signed up for a sports club last week. Today I am meeting with a personal trainer. I don't know how much they charge but it's nice to dream. This visit if a freebee from the sports club. I joined so that I can do water exercise. That, by itself, is wonderful for me since I have osteo arthritis in my knees. I have already lost 85 lbs. but I have a ways to go still. It's also sunny today instead of raining. Off to my club.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:09 AM | Locked

Melissa Halpain:
I have already lost 85 lbs. but I have a ways to go still. It's also sunny today instead of raining. Off to my club.

WTG Melissa, what an accomplishment. I hope, if it is something you want to do, that you will be able to afford it!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,799
gini replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:14 AM | Locked

good for you melissa.

the kids are out of school today.  it was wil's turn to spend the day with my mom and dad, so princess and i are off to the city to watch a movie and then i will drop her off at her cousins' for a sleep over.   that means i'm on my own for a couple of hours before the quilt shop closes, bear paw, here i come.

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:24 AM | Locked

Way to go Melissa, keep up the good work come rain or shine!!  

from TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 12:14 PM | Locked

I managed to get the pieces cut for MQ7 this morning, but don't know if I have enough contrast.  I posted my fabrics in "Did you work on Quilt Today" forum, so let me know what you think.  It is so hard to figure out the contrast if you don't know what it's going to look like.  I guess that is what we enjoy about the MQ's, the mystery of it all.

Want to get a quilt loaded on the frame so I can get some things finished between steps of the MQ.  I really need to finish my Marine Corp quilt top for my nephew too.  If I don't get busy, he might be out of the Marines before I get it done.  Don't really know if he plans to make this a career or not.

Well, got to get busy and clean out from under the bed (one of my storage areas in this place that never has enough storage) before the new mattresses arrive.  Splurged on Sleep Number mattresses with the vibrator and ability to raise and lower head and foot.  There will no longer be any space under this bed for storage.  Don't know where I'm going to put the stuff.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 12:19 PM | Locked

Melissa Halpain:

I am so proud of myself today, I signed up for a sports club last week. Today I am meeting with a personal trainer. I don't know how much they charge but it's nice to dream. This visit if a freebee from the sports club. I joined so that I can do water exercise. That, by itself, is wonderful for me since I have osteo arthritis in my knees. I have already lost 85 lbs. but I have a ways to go still. It's also sunny today instead of raining. Off to my club.

Way to go Melissa, I lost 50 pounds this past Spring, but noticed recently that I've added 5 of them back.  Time to get back to really watching what I eat.  Starting Monday I'm going to try the diet that was on Dr. Oz this week, alternating high carb and no carb days.  Must get back into an exercise routine also. I do make myself get up and go to the back room to press each quilt piece and block, one at a time, so that does help some.  It also alleviates some of the back and neck pain as I'm always moving, but it really doesn't burn a lot of calories.

Keep up the good work.  I understand that for every pound you lose you take about 4 lbs. off pressure of the knees.  I can tell the difference on my knees, but need to lose 50 more.  Maybe I can drop another 20 or so before the Branson retreat.  That would really make me happy.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 3:10 PM | Locked

What a merry bunch of losers we have here! I got on a scale for the first time since Sprout hatched yesterday and found that I've lost about 40 lbs. Still have another 10-15 to go before I get down to my ideal weight, but heck, I ain't gonna worry about it.

Dh Drug me along to do town chores this morning, so I'm slow getting my own chores done today. I've only just started the 2nd load of wash of the day....

Hopin' sprout will be a love and let Momma sew a little today. I'd at least like to get that darn test block made. I've been trying to get to that all week!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 171 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 169 170 171 172 173 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use