Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 168 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 166 167 168 169 170 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 15
Points 585
thatoneguy replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 9:14 PM | Locked

sorry to confuse you sukochi. someone stole a car on sunday and while they were trying to get away the hit the passenger side of my sisters car. we went and looked at her car today and it really sunk in as to how lucky she was to make it out alive. they only injuries she has is a concusion and some really bad brusing on her arms and legs. i had to taker her to get a temporary lisence so she could get to her car at the police lot and get her things out. her text books for school are ruined and we still couldnt find her license. i cant begin to say how i felt when she called me crying saying that she just got hit she couldnt get out of her car. i all but lifted my mom out of bed and we both ran out the door. she was two minutes away from being home. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560
Melissa Halpain replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 10:02 PM | Locked

Thatoneguy, so sorry to hear about your sister. I sure hope she goes to the doctor. Concussions can be scary. You sound like a great brother.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 10:38 PM | Locked

thatoneguy:
she has had some symptoms of the concusion today. she couldnt remeber how to spell her firtname sheila she forgot that there was an i. but she is doing ok.

Has she been thoroughly checked out, does the doctor know about this?  Sometimes there can be a very slow bleed that does not show up for a while, and can have serious consequences if not taken care of.   Don't want to scare you, but just want to make sure she is getting the right medical help.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 10:40 PM | Locked

chocake2:
 At this rate it won't be long befor he crawls! The Christmas tree is gonna be subject to many maulings, I think. 

the only time we really used the play pen was when we put the tree in it, to keep it away from our daughter.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,349
Points 242,062
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 11:12 PM | Locked

thatoneguy:
she was two minutes away from being home. 
Thatoneguy, so sorry to hear your DS was in an accident - and most accidents happen very close to home - that is where my accident was - concussions are nothing to fool with - did they do a catscan - or an MRI... if she has any kind of headache or dizziness take her right back to emergency and have them do one... nothing to fool with at all... I can testify to that completely.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 1:58 AM | Locked

Oh, she was just in a total panic. Been there, done that. Accidents like that, coming out of no where, just are so frightening.

I pray that she will feel better tomorrow and have no lingering problems.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 6:49 AM | Locked

Marie:

chocake2:

a smile to share:

This is so precious!!! CC you are so blessed! What a cutie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thank you for sharing.

xoxoxo,

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,349
Points 242,062
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:15 AM | Locked

Now that DH gets up extremely early to go to work, I am up even earlier.  It is still very very dark outside and yet here I sit - awake - not waiting to go to bed but waiting for the sun to come up and start a new day... although I have already started...

The house is quiet - my morning rituals have started with me in my chair learning the news that is going on.  The news is not very much fun to listen too... wish they would talk about something good in the world.  That would lighten up my mood... hoping the sun brings sunshine today - it is forecast to be in the 70s... almost November and we are in the70s... different days...

Mom was awake when I went to bed and is awake when I get up - she sleeps all day though after the sun comes up - somehow I have to get her back to sleeping at night - but I guess really at her age it doesn't matter... you should be able to be awake when you want and sleep when you want.  Her little dog is on our schedule though - teehee - 

I think this morning I am going to go make a nice cup of cocoa with my Kuerig - to spend so much money on a machine to heat up water... lol... at least at retreat it got used as a coffee maker...teehee... 

Cocoa does sound yummy though!

Good morning Kris and Sukochi if you are both still up!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,349
Points 242,062
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:48 AM | Locked

Oh my - what a morning!  I am definitely awake now!  

I guess I should start with 2 days ago... I have a kitty - Mishka - who caught his first bird 2 days ago... the bird is alive and well for all those who might be concerned... cats actually have very soft mouths - much like a labrador dog or other bird dog... anyway - they catch their catch and bring it home to whomever they feel they need to show their wonderful abilities too...

So 2 days ago Mishka brought me this cute little bird - you should see me - grasping ahold of this little bird - I hate squirming things in my hands - but I got the little bird and took it out and put it in the crook of the pecan tree... hoping that it wasn't scared to death - it appeared okay but highly stunned... I checked on it every 30 minutes and it appeared to be okay - DH takes care of them if they are not... anyway - DH came home and I took him out to where the little birdie was - it had been sitting up last time I checked but hadn't moved yet... when DH and I went out - it flew away when touched - Yippeee!  saved a birdies life! 

So now we get to this morning... Now if you saw Mishka - you would wonder how my GARFIELD like cat could move fast enough to catch a bird - but he did it again this morning - I am sitting here - getting up the energy to go get that cup of cocoa started and just kind of drifting to the news and lo and behold my whole house is on alive - all the fur babies are up in arms and racing around the living room - Mishka had brought in another wonder but this one is not stunned or scared it is flying all over my back living room - thank goodness I had the quilt pulled across the door way or it would have been flying through the whole house... I pulled back the quilt on the back door and hoped that sooner rather then later the bird would find the back door as any time I got close it flew the opposite way and I was unable to get the step stool to where it was fast enough - 

it flew from the fireplace to the piano - Jim Shore figurines on fireplace all survived... Diamond Candle on piano burning didn't burn anyone's tail...then down on the side of the desk - then behind my lazy boy chair - up to the book case - over to the thread racks hanging - all the time being chased by the fur babies... and finally out the door it went - with the fur babies on its tail - safely up into the sky it flew...

And now outside... fur babies... tree rats barking... the world in my back yard is awake... although the birds are unusually quiet - guess they had enough excitement - but ...

now I have to keep an eye on my Garfield (Mishka) and see where he is finding these birds at - there has to be a nest that is too low to the ground...

But he is a proud boy today!  Wait till I tell Jay my excitement this morning... he will laugh at the vision of me and the fur babies racing around the room to try and catch a small bird!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 8:23 AM | Locked

OMG TOG,I 'm so happy to hear your sister injuries are minor. What a terrible thing to have happen so close to home. Please tell her we are Keeping her  in our T&P's  for a speedy recovery. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 8:23 AM | Locked

thatoneguy:

the police officer said that she was lucky to be alive. she got hit on the passenger side by a stolen car at fifty mph or more. i tried to put a pic of it in this reply but it wont let me. she just had concusion and some really bad bruising. weare just thankful that she wasnt hurt any worse. she has had some symptoms of the concusion today. she couldnt remeber how to spell her firtname sheila she forgot that there was an i. but she is doing ok. she is still a little shaken up about it. 

That's really scary.  I hope she's able to get full recovery from her head injury.  

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 8:27 AM | Locked

Thea - Sounds like a lot of excitement.  :)  My cat is also a hunter, but I've never seen her bring back a LIVE bird.  I eventually got her a traditional cat collar with a bell on it and it works great.  She's still outside chasing and hunting, but it gives the little guys enough of a heads up that they don't end up dead on my back steps.

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 8:27 AM | Locked

Thea ,You have had a busy morning.LOL   Your babies are making sure you get your PT in sounds like ..LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 8:52 AM | Locked

As I sit here reading about the cats and birds I hear my dog whimpering outside.  I wondered why she hadn't wanted back in, but when I go out to check on her, she has a cat (probably one of the feral kittens) treed.  I think it is the same kitten she has treed several times before, the kitten just doesn't learn.  Kaci wants me to help get her out of the tree so she can play.  She chases them all over the place when they get in the yard, but she just can't understand that they don't want to play with her or any humans for that matter.  They are mean little critters when they are feral.  There are about 25 ferals in our neighborhood and they just drive Kaci nuts.  Two of the neighbors feed them.  One of our neighbors traps them and takes them in to be spayed and/or neutered, but the crazy lady across the street lets them out of the traps if she gets to them first.  I really don't understand how they've managed to avoid the coyotes who roams these streets from time to time, and definitely roam the large field and irrigation canal behind our house.

Ah, the wonders of nature.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 9:15 AM | Locked

I finally gave up to sleep about 5:45 or something like that.

Today is a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Hope it iwll warm up. Right now it is 38 and we have a toasty fire going.

Like Thea, I had a cup of cocoa to get my day going. Now, I will have my Ensure. I think my "big" mea over did what I should have had. Stomach is still unsettled.

Went into the sewing room yesterday. Put  the edge (ziz zag) on my post card. I haven;t doen that before. It looks real good in most places but a coupl are awful. I wanted to have a satin stitch all around the edge, but looked all through my sewing manual, and at the illistrations of the various stitcies (60) and could not locate a satin stitch anwwhere.  Any ideas?

When it wamrs a bit I will get out for a walk. Need some rays and their Vit C.

HAve a quilty, happy day all. When we wake it the a.m., it is always a great day!!

Sukochi

Page 168 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 166 167 168 169 170 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use