Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 167 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 165 166 167 168 169 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,328
Points 241,657
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 4:13 PM | Locked

Marge P:
Too bad one can't collect extra sleep and pass it around to others that need it.
Oh Marge if you could and could send it to me that would be so wonderful!  I wonder if I will ever get a night with 8 hours of sleep again - but that is okay - I make due anyway...teehee....

Glad to hear that you are doing well though after the surgery.  I hate the down time after a surgery - after my collar bone surgery - arm in a sling to supposedly keep it immobile I was hand sewing and made my Lone star quilt... I just couldn't sit still - but couldn't do much but had to do something...

Some one I think it was Marsha said that what is happening to us is our own fault really for all the things we did and I totally agree with that - I am paraphrasing what Marsha said as those are not exactly the same words she used... I do agree with her though --- I lived well as I was growing up and burned the candle at both ends and sometimes in the middle too - so it is probably my own fault that my body is falling apart the way it is... that is okay - just wish they could fix it - teehee...

I am having fun though - smiling through all the pain and finding ways to keep above the fray.  I am not sure what my life would be like without my quilting and QCA where I have met so many wonderful women.  It has been a true blessing.  

I am resting now - for hopefully about an hour in my chair - then up and will put the last borders on Sew Spooky - I will then hang it in my picture window and take it down on Thursday so that I can quilt it and have it ready for Gov Christy's Halloween celebration on Saturday... awesome that he thinks about the kids at this time - I just love that... 

We here will be taking down the Grim Reaper and the big cat and putting Tom Turkey up for the Thanksgiving celebration... I love decorating...teehee...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 4:45 PM | Locked

Yay! sew happy today. ;o)  Sprout played quietly while Mom stitched up goodie bags. He even co-operated when I gathered  up the scraps from that project and made him a Halloween puzzle ball. I found a Christmas bell and tucked it inside the make it tickle when he plays with it. Right now its in the washer with a load of towels to get it all nicely rounded out. It'll be fun to see what he thinks of it when it is dry.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 4:49 PM | Locked

'Tinkle", not "tickle."    Geez, i need to pay more attention to what I write!   :-S

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 5:42 PM | Locked

how about jingle???

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 6:02 PM | Locked

Is, Carylon and Dawn ,thanks you for your kind words on my WCQ. I did get it done today and I now just need to get the binding sewn down .I'll post a finsihed Picture tomorrow.   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 6:13 PM | Locked

I managed to get to the Halloween bags finished for the grands  turned our real cute. 

They both think,Halloween  should be a federal holiday. Our town has a block party with M&M /Mars candy factory here running Treat street here. And the mall has a big party. Cold is finally getting alittle better , no fever, glands not swollen any more. Still have cough and coughing up nasty stuff. The grands mom woke up sick this morning. 

We got strong winds and was barely .50 degrees today but supposed to be in 70's by weekend!

Nan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 6:44 PM | Locked

Thea:
Some one I think it was Marsha said that what is happening to us is our own fault really for all the things we did and I totally agree with that - I am paraphrasing what Marsha said as those are not exactly the same words she used...

It was my doctor that told me that I had worked too hard in my younger days - not hard to do when you live on a farm, grow most of your food in a large garden, feed the calves, help with milking and crops and have 5 children, the first 3 - girls - one year apart!  I thought of some remark I might have made, but forgot it for now - - - Just another senior moment! - - - tried to reply, but site wouldn't let me and then wouldn't let me back on the page I had been reading your comments on. 

I went to the instructions for a mystery I am going to do - we are to step 1 of sewing -  I just got my fabrics (Eleanor Burns 3 for 2 sale) so was planning what color to go where.  At least I got a new quilt planned, and it is NOT a wheelchair quilt, but a lap quilt for our livingroom!!!!  I won't be too far behind.  I am cutting my fabrics to the yardages needed, then washing them and the remainders of the fabrics to add to the WASHED stash.  That way I have some washed fabrics ready to use in another quilt.  I think one of these fabrics may shrink more than the others from the feel of it, so would rather wash than wonder.

Thea:
so it is probably my own fault that my body is falling apart the way it is... that is okay - just wish they could fix it - teehee...

I wish they could fix it also, especially for you and all the rest who are so much younger than me.  Just wish we didn't have to care for and try to keep up with the "older generation"! 

Marsha - Western New York

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 15
Points 585
thatoneguy replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 6:44 PM | Locked

the police officer said that she was lucky to be alive. she got hit on the passenger side by a stolen car at fifty mph or more. i tried to put a pic of it in this reply but it wont let me. she just had concusion and some really bad bruising. weare just thankful that she wasnt hurt any worse. she has had some symptoms of the concusion today. she couldnt remeber how to spell her firtname sheila she forgot that there was an i. but she is doing ok. she is still a little shaken up about it. 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 7:06 PM | Locked

Thea:
Marge P:
Too bad one can't collect extra sleep and pass it around to others that need it.
Oh Marge if you could and could send it to me that would be so wonderful!

I'd make you share some with me, too, Thea!! You can't hog it all! Just an extra hour or two here and there would be enough for me.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 7:18 PM | Locked

Joni:

how about jingle???

That works!  :)

Whatever you call the noise, he likes his new toy.   he's making lots of happy squeaks and chuckles of his own while he chews on it.  It rolls away from him and he does what he can to go after it - the toes dig in and the little butt goes up, but the head stays firmly on the floor and the arms just pin-wheel. Then the knees move forward, butt comes down and head goes up, the hands get a grip on the floor...And we start all over.  I guess you could call it The inchworm method.   At this rate it won't be long befor he crawls! The Christmas tree is gonna be subject to many maulings, I think. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 7:32 PM | Locked

Justoneguy, What did I miss? Did I come in on the middle of the story? Who is Shiela, when was she hit by a stolen car?, and when was did this  fiirst appear on the forum?  I know I have been on pain meds, bu,t I am back to Tylenol now and still don't get this story. So, sorry though. Why was she in the road and where did the stolen car come from?

C.C. I think you are confusing "If you sprinkle when you TINKLE, please be neat and raise the seat" with "JINGLE bell ball". Oh, don't make me laugh this hard, it HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,705
Points 38,170
ls2116 replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 7:34 PM | Locked

ouch x-mas tree needles.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 7:49 PM | Locked

Oh my goodness T.O.G.,  It sounds scary.  I hope she is going to be okay.  It sounds like she is just lucky to be alive.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,517
Points 50,880
Ginny replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 7:49 PM | Locked

Oh my goodness T.O.G.,  It sounds scary.  I hope she is going to be okay.  It sounds like she is just lucky to be alive.    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 7:54 PM | Locked

thatoneguy:

im getting all of my strips cut and bobins wound for the quilt im making my mom. im going to have plenty of time to work on because my radiator decided to crack open so i cant go to work. i have to make fourty eight block and then decided on  border fabrick and backing. ive already decided how to quilt it. right now im up @ the bmv with my sister so she can get an id becuase she got into a bad wreck and we couldnt find her drivers licence and we need to get her purse and stuff out of the car. so today is gonna be a fun day...and now its sleeting yay....

Hi Sukochi, this is Thatoneguy's post from earlier this morning.  Sheila is his sister.    

Page 167 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 165 166 167 168 169 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use