Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 166 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 164 165 166 167 168 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 9:57 AM | Locked

Barbara:

Karla I used one of those Frixon pens  that you iron off. I have had good luck with them.  Barbara

I guess I'm going to need to invest in some of them.  Now that I have the stitch regulator of my machine I'm going to get more adventurous and finish some of my UFO's.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,667
Points 37,590
ls2116 replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 9:57 AM | Locked

Barbara I Love that whole cloth quilt!

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 10:11 AM | Locked

Barbara:

Here is a picture of the small wholecloth quilt I've been doing .Only have one more end to finish and then I can bind it.  this is the back side as the front still has all the markings on it and its hard to see . I'm very happy with how its coming out.  

Barbara,  Great job!!  It's beautiful.

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 12:30 PM | Locked

Hoping to have a sewing day today. I need to make up a test block for the quilt I'm "helping" my frined with. And I want to make a few goodie bags for my favorite little Trick or Treaters. Dh is recovering from his back spasm (He's no longer doing the neanderthal shuffle) so I'm hoping he'll keep Sprout happy so I can re-direct my attentions. Right now tho, I am making bread (Forgot to buy it when we were in town) and climbing Mt Washpile...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Not Ranked
Male
Posts 15
Points 585
thatoneguy replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 12:35 PM | Locked

im getting all of my strips cut and bobins wound for the quilt im making my mom. im going to have plenty of time to work on because my radiator decided to crack open so i cant go to work. i have to make fourty eight block and then decided on  border fabrick and backing. ive already decided how to quilt it. right now im up @ the bmv with my sister so she can get an id becuase she got into a bad wreck and we couldnt find her drivers licence and we need to get her purse and stuff out of the car. so today is gonna be a fun day...and now its sleeting yay....

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 12:40 PM | Locked

Today, while I would rather be practicing some new things on my new machine or loading a quilt on the frame and practice some new things with the new stitch regulator, I'm stuck vacuuming and dusting furniture, taking the grandsons to TaeKwonDo, etc. etc.

I want some me time...I'm tired of listening to my DH *** about everything that needs doing around here that I neglect.  He seems to forget that 3 hours of each and every day, I spend with the DGS's and TaeKwonDo, which was his idea.  I'm gone from 4:30 to 7:30 each evening...when I get home I have to make dinner if I haven't thrown something in the crock pot earlier in the day.  I'd probably have a heart attack if he prepared something for dinner while I was gone.   I do the lawn mowing on Tuesdays (thank goodness it doesn't need mowing today because of the cooler weather), and he usually does the vacuuming, but for some unforeseen reason, he has decided that I need to do that now too.  I'm tired and I want to play with my new toys!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 12:45 PM | Locked

Oh, my thatoneguy, I am glad that your sister didn't get hurt badly in that wreck.  Now be careful in the sleet and everything.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 12:56 PM | Locked

Karla, tell your DH that marriage IS a two way street. Tell him "Want to eat on such and such a night? Cook, as I will be with YOUR grandchildren", or "Want dinner?, mop the floor to get dinner". Of course, I am a mouthy wife and don't put up with anything but 50/50. It works in my house. Of course, we are both retired.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 1:05 PM | Locked

Ice Cream, anyone? This is a very little bowl and that spot is about 2 tablespoons of ice cream, of which, I ate half!! And, I am very full.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 1:33 PM | Locked

Sukochi, we are both retired also, and he does do a lot around the house.  What I'm really sick of is that it has to be done on his time schedule, not mine.  So today I developed a plan, whenever he is on the phone with his sister or his favorite TV show is on, I start up the vacuum cleaner.  He couldn't do what he wanted to do, so he got up and cleaned the kitchen, deep cleaning of the stove and unloaded the dishwasher.  I've still got a little more vacuuming to do, so I've just got to wait until he is very interested in something else so I can disrupt his schedule for a change.

I try not to get mad, I just get even!  LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 1:39 PM | Locked

Karla, as I read this to Jim, I was laughing so hard. And, he sat there just muttering under his breath. I am not sure which I was laughing the hardest at.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,119
Points 14,425
Dawn replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 2:06 PM | Locked

Barbara, that quilt is awesome! 

CC, Sprout is adorable!

I was going to mark the quilting lines on Nolan's quilt, but I wasn't happy w/the designs I was finding, so went online and did me some shopping and buying!  :-)  I ordered a few as I figured as long as I had to pay shipping, I might as well get some more!  lol   Got the living room picked up.  I really need to get the kitchen in better shape, but am still getting over this cold, that seems to linger and linger . ..   I get to feeling better and then I get hit again w/coughing.  Oh well, this too shall pass.  A cold is nothing compared to what some of what you are dealing with.  I would like to work on another UFO, but there is a dead mouse in a trap on my worktop and I don't like to be around those things even if they are dead!  So will wait till DH gets the thing out the door!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 2:39 PM | Locked

It will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I had my right knee surgery and although still painful, I am doing okay.  Haven't been able to keep up on the computer so really don't know much what is happening on QCA.  I saw the MQ7 info - will I or won't I?  Good question for sure.  I have the CPM (Continuous Passive Motion) machine set up on the guest bed and that is where I seem to spend 90% of my time since surgery.  It takes alot of time to exercise one leg and when you are trying to do both, it is very time consuming.  Anyway, I walk past the dresser where the July Scrappy MQ blocks are about a dozen times a day.  Not even sure where the MQ6 blocks are but buried somewhere in the sewing room.   If I do the MQ7, it will definitely be from my stash with nothing new bought.

Surgery went well - they went ahead and manipulated the first surgical knee after they worked on the right knee - I was already under and it needed some more motion.  I just hope they both are much happier in a few weeks - back in PT and will be so glad when this is all in the past.  I am not the most patient person in the world and I really don't like laying around and not sewing.  Too bad one can't collect extra sleep and pass it around to others that need it.  I can sleep while on the machine for hours each day and still sleep like a baby at night.  Guess the old body is telling me that is exactly what it is needing.  Have done alot of reading but the machine is not conducive to hand sewing as you have to be mostly reclined while using the machine.

Here is to a speedy recovery and the luxury of spending some good quality time in my sewing room very, very soon.

Hope all are doing well and getting lots accomplished.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 2:42 PM | Locked

Karla:
I try not to get mad, I just get even!  LOL

I LOVE it, Karla!  You go girl!  And yes, those Frixion pens are great to work with.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 2:51 PM | Locked

Marge P. so glad to hear how well you are doing. When Jim had his knee done, the surgeon said the best resorts depends on the best exercise after the surgery.  .I bet you will be sewing again in no time as hard as you are working. Bravo, for a job well done.

Sukochi

Page 166 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 164 165 166 167 168 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use