Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 165 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 163 164 165 166 167 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 8:37 PM | Locked

CC

I personally think both pics are pretty awesome.  Sprout has gotten so big. 

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 8:40 PM | Locked

Barbara

You should be very happy with your quilt.  It is beautiful.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 8:43 PM | Locked

Linda, Nana, and Sukochi, thank you for your kind words . 

Linda I can never get my Angel  to go out in the rain either . she will go out if its just real light . I feel real bad for them on the days when it's a downpour ,,, stay safe hope your power stays on.  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 8:44 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Nana,good to see you are getting thru the storm without loseing your power ,are you getting any of the snow .

Barbara

I doubt that we will be getting the snow.  It is mostly to the west of us.  We are having wind and some mild rain.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 8:49 PM | Locked

Nana glad to here it ,I just saw where they were gettin hit pretty hard in WV and it looked like it was close to you . Hope you don't get it it didn't look like much fun. 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 8:51 PM | Locked

Barbara

The snow really is close but we are at a slightly lower elevation and tend not to get as much snow.  Our temps are still in the 40's so I really doubt the snow.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 10:30 PM | Locked

CC, what a beautiful baby!  Looks like he's enjoying his tummy time.

Barbara, your wholecloth quilt - all I can say is WOW!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 10:36 PM | Locked

Thank You Nancy I'm learning new things everyday,  this wa a wish of mine to do ,but wanted to start small first. just to get the feel of working on one. It has been so much fun. Thea finally found Karen Mactavish's out of print book Whitework  Quilting ,and this has been my inspriation.  What an awesome book .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:40 PM | Locked

Karens book has been an inspiration to me as well.  Not enought to actually DO a quilt but certainly enough to design a quilt.  I am working on a pattern to do a whole cloth quilt and when I get better I'll do it. Barbra your top is marvelous and I am in awe.

I am working on a paper piecing that I started some time ago (a PHD project) and I happened to stop by the guild the other day and they were planning a weekend retreat so I packed up the PHD project and got all kinds of awsome advice on how to do PP.  I was learning on my own and between working and not working, had to relearn each time.  this time, It seems clear and achievable.  I love the pattern and am looking forward to finishing.  I still have the quilt that I started in Leavenworth on the table.  I just have a few last strips to sew on and then the borders.  The flannel is still waiting as I am not doing any longarming until I get back from Salt Lake City so I'll have a pile to do when I get home.  I have  been getting more tops done since I retired than in the last two while I was working.  and it's only been 6 months.

CC, your little giant is such a heart warmer.  Not that he warms my heart enought to have one of my own, but If my girls wanted to increase their families, I'd babysit... once or twice.  Probably.

I have a couple of friends coming to sew tomorrow. I made two pots of soup.  both with squash.  My DH said they were not one of his favorites.  Which is far far better than his usual incredibly rude ICK that indicates he dosen't like something.  See,,, they grow up sooner or later.  You just have to wait 50 or 60 years.  Sorry CC.

Best to everyone, I am trying to keep up, but I don't seem to have the time since I quit working.  Odd or what??

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 7:38 AM | Locked

Thanks Sukochi, I will mail her today, hope she in not in path of Sandy.

Wow been watching ABC since 5 am, what devastation, this looks far worse than Katrina, they have winter weather to also contend with, and over 70 million without power.  I pray for all who are in path of or affected by storm Sandy.  It never ceases to amaze the resiliance (bad sp) of the American peoples, knock them down and they bounce right back up!  Praying for all and thanking Jesus for answered prayers.

It is so bone chilling cold this a.m...not a day to be out and about.  Although my dear friend Brenda and I had planned a trip to the sock shop, need to pick-up some more silky thermals and sweatpants/shirts.  I also need a coat, only have my fur and really need a nice warm outdoor/all weather/runabout coat. 

I'm very curious as to what will happen to the voting come Tuesday.  How much of what has already been done has disappeared with the damages.   This isn't just N.Y. and surrounding states, but also what happens as the storm moves North?  Just food for thought!

Stay safe and warm y'all!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,550
Points 46,960
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 7:45 AM | Locked

Barbara:

Here is a picture of the small wholecloth quilt I've been doing .Only have one more end to finish and then I can bind it.  this is the back side as the front still has all the markings on it and its hard to see . I'm very happy with how its coming out.  

Barbara, you've come so far in such a short time.  This is wonderful!  Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 8:16 AM | Locked

Debbie ,thanks you ,for your kind words.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 8:22 AM | Locked

Vivian :

Karens book has been an inspiration to me as well.  Not enought to actually DO a quilt but certainly enough to design a quilt.  I am working on a pattern to do a whole cloth quilt and when I get better I'll do it. Barbra your top is marvelous and I am in awe.

Vivian ,I had bee looking for this book for about a year ,when Thea ,bless her heart ,found it for me at a online quilt shop. I could hardly wait for it to get here. I'd love to see what you designed .That is where I have my problem ,doing the designing.   thank you so much for your kind words.  this was my sample  project ,to see how I would do , Now I'm going to try and do a bigger one, Which I know will take alot more time the the three days I've worked on this .  LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 9:44 AM | Locked

As soon as I can finish getting things gathered, I'm heading to my daughters to take her a couple more quilts so she can sew the bindings...and of course I get to see my boys and go to AWANA with them and maybe a little trick-or-treating. Its going to be fun!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,384
Points 175,243
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 30 2012 9:47 AM | Locked

chocake2:

a smile to share:

CC, you have to know that this is my fav pic.  Sprout is sooooo precious, wish I lived near so I could enjoy him with y'all.  I'd like to gently pinch those sweet rosy cheeks.

Millbury, MA

Page 165 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 163 164 165 166 167 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use