Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 163 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 161 162 163 164 165 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:44 AM | Locked

Your grandma's tea set is very pretty...

It sounds like you have been very busy.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 12:46 PM | Locked

CC - I agree I like Gini's version best.  That was said to us and the Lord's prayer when we went to bed... Dad would tuck us in tight - I am so used to sleeping tighly wrapped up and DH is a mess all over the bed...teehee... 

Woke this morning and the pain - Oh dear - I went to bed with it - thought if I could just get to sleep - they tell me to take those &^%%$ pain pills but I hate too - I want to just be fixed so no more pain - some day - right... but got up and am cozy in my chair now - I am working on block 16 - last block that I have to piece together and put the applique' on - then I start the satin stitching process... but I was sitting here talking to DDIL - becoming our morning ritual - and I look at the design wall and block #10 is wrong on one spot... I kept looking at it and looking at it - and I turned one section around the wrong way... argh - at least I can get to it and there is no applique over that section... Cassie said to leave it and just say find the Waldo spot in the quilt...teehee... but I can't - if I don't see a mistake till I am quilting it stays in but if I see it before then I have to fix it - so after I get block 16 done I will repair block 10....

After I do that, I am going to wash the batik flannel backing for Rita's quilt and see how much it shrinks - hopefully not a lot - and get that quilt basted and start quilting it... I have found some neat dog designs to do in the jewel square areas... She is going to love it..

Today - it is overcast and supposed to be in the high 60s and by the end of the week back in the 80s - sharp contrast to the east coast... I am saying many many prayers for all who are all ready without power and those that are going to be shortly - hopefully everyone is prepared as they can be for this storm - the word has been out about it so no one should be able to say that they didn't have any warning... it is scary to watch - had to change the channel on the TV for a while to relieve the stress I was feeling...

T&P to all those quilters and their families, friends and strangers who are in the path of Sandy - our Sandy H in Florida should stop this soon...teehee... but really on a serious note - i am praying for all!

I did take my pain meds about 30 minutes ago - had laid the out an hour ago and thought I took them all ready and saw them laying there and was wondering why I was still hurting so bad - now I know why...argh - senior moments... had mine for today so no more...teehee

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 1:04 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

CC, that was our version, too.  Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite.  If they do, take a shoe and hit them til they're black and blue!  Of course now if you mention bed bugs, everyone gets the heeber-jeebers.  I know I'm nervous sleeping in hotel rooms now!

This was the whole version we used too!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 1:14 PM | Locked

T&P with you folks on the east coast. Hope the storm isn't as bad as they've been prediciting.

Linda the tea set is lovely.

I'm home from taking DH to the chiropractor. He was getting ready for work last night and coughed as he stepped out of the shower. That's all it took. His back popped out of allignment. Pour guy had to call in sick at the last minute, which put him in a grumpy mood.  Now he's watching Halloween movies AGAIN and I'm hoping for a speedy recovery. One can only be expected to listen to the same dialog so many times in the course of a month...  I think I'll make a few treat bags and maybe try to get a nap in...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 1:25 PM | Locked

chocake2:
T&P with you folks on the east coast. Hope the storm isn't as bad as they've been prediciting.

Amen to that CC...

CC, I hope you get your nap and relief from the Halloween movies...   

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 4:05 PM | Locked

LINDA

Your china Tea service is so lovely.  Bet those brownie's taste awesome with your tea.  There is no taste as good as tea steeped in fine china and drank out of real china cups.  just not the same when served in a mug.

Have a marvelous TEA.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 4:12 PM | Locked

a smile to share:

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 4:20 PM | Locked

oops! Sorry, wrong picture. Now that you've all been given the raspberry, lets see if I can get it right this time!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 4:22 PM | Locked

On rest only, for today. Went to B.R. for my Iron infusion today. My BP, when I went in, was 98/60. Yikes! The nurse tried two different veins and couldn't the thing in right. So, she took me on back and the nurse in there got it the third time, after poking aournd in there, and it really hurting.  They said I am not taking in enough fluids. So, they added a liter of fluid with my iron. That gave me two liters total. After, I was done and they checked my pressure again, it was a good 120/76. So disaster averted. They told me to come home, sit downin my recliner, and just stay here all day. Well, I had to make a pot of soup, do dishes and some other piddly things. Well, OK, so I didn't HAVE to do any of that but Jim is doing so much for me already. Am sitting now. Will go by, in the a.m,. tomorrow and have my pressure checked at my Dr. office. Just to be sure all is well. It had been dropping all week, last week. But, the nurses who took it didn't seem to concerned. Oh, and they said to pour down the fluids. No one seems to understand that I CAN NOT do that. When I drink more then small sips over a period of a few minutes, my esphagus just spasms and I can't swallow for awhile. Same exact thing happened to a former hairdresser of mine, who had this surgery.  This is no fun and not easy. When I do feel well, I try to get up and do stuff and this happens.

We have been having some wind gusts and the temp is dropping. The rest of the state, north of us, is expecting snow over night.  Our sky is really clouding up.( Ha, did y'all know we have OUR own sky?), The weather in this whole Country has just gotten weird! Just like the Presidential campaign!!

Did anyone but me see the program on TV last night, late (late to me is 10 - 11)? It was Flipping The White House. Telling what it takes to get the old administration out and the new in within the 6 hours between noon, when the President leaves for the inaugration and the new Pres. comes to his" new home" after the festivities are over. at 6 p.m. Takes over 100 people to move out the old, recarpet, repaint, rewallpaper, move in the new furniture and hang all the pictures, paintings, put all the new First Family's clothing, and assessories away. They even set up the bathrooms with all those things (new, of course) that the new family uses. If the Admin stays the same, nothing changes. It was so interesting to see.

Getting ideas for more of these post cards. So cute. I love it.

Have a warm, dry quilty evening and toasty night.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 4:34 PM | Locked

Linda beautiful china set, I llllllof course love the teapot ,,LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 4:37 PM | Locked

CC I love both of the pictures the rasberry is adorable . I can't believe how he has grown. You must be feeding him super  food  LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 4:40 PM | Locked

Here is a picture of the small wholecloth quilt I've been doing .Only have one more end to finish and then I can bind it.  this is the back side as the front still has all the markings on it and its hard to see . I'm very happy with how its coming out.  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 5:02 PM | Locked

Beautiful job, Barbara!! I can not believe that  you are the same woman who was so intimidated by FMQ a few short months ago. Now you're quilting show stoppers!!!! Hurray!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 5:04 PM | Locked

Oh CC I don't know about show stoppers ,but thank you anyway, I told you all I'm determined to learn this , this is my favorite part of making a quilt ...

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 5:22 PM | Locked

What a cutie CC, I think both pics are adorable!!!

Page 163 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 161 162 163 164 165 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use