Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 162 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 160 161 162 163 164 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 5:03 PM | Locked

Marge, I hope you get back in your sewing room...get a little rest and then you'll be ready!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 6:06 PM | Locked

Hi all ,today .I worked more on my Whole Cloth Quilt , I have pictures psted on Fear no More FMQ group .if youd like to see my progress. I tried to do more with the last group but the site was not copperative and I lost all I downloaded so I just put a few on.  So far I'm very pleased with how it is coming out .   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 6:17 PM | Locked

I will have to go look Barbara - may not be today though but I'll try... The exhaustion from my stress has finally caught up - both Jay and I just fell asleep in our chairs and slept the day away.  I was up early and went to church - spent the whole 3 hours there - usually I come home after sacrament but my friend Rita was teaching in RS so decided to stay for all the meetings today... Came home and ate lunch and fell almost immediately asleep... slept for almost 5 hours - and am feeling as though I could go and get my pjs on and go to bed.  The body knows what it needs...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 6:20 PM | Locked

Thea At least you are getting some much needed rest .you can look at it later ,it will still be there.  Take care my friend ,tonight the Broncs are palying so I'll be watching Peyton  playing  LOL    Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 6:40 PM | Locked

Met my goal, Church this a.m. Yay, me.  Met my goal for this aft. fabric postcard. YAY ME!!!  Worked on that card from 4 - 6, taking a 30 min. dinner break. Of course, 2/3's of that time was spent cutting out deer antlers. Boy, those were small antlers. And, I need some new, sharp, very pointed sissors.  But, it is done.

Up on my feet for a long time today. Really tired and my back is so siezed up.  Pain meds will be on deck really, really soon.

Was down 2 pounds this a.m. How can I be losing this much weight this fast?  Oh, yeah, I don't eat food, I drink liquid.  That could do it. And, I might add, my liquid is measured in ounces, as in maybe  10 -12 oz. a day. That must be why I do not pee, hardly, at all anymore. I went 9 hours without a bathroom break today. I think I have to drink more. But, I can't hold more!  I can sip tiny sips at a time. After several sips my esophagus just clinches, and that is it, can't take in another drop. Oh, well, this too shall pass.

Tomorrow, have to be in Blue Ridge for my last iron infusion. The weatherman says we will get flurries on heading up there. Oh, my. It is only Oct. This is early for the white stuff. We should be in the low 30, with a wind chill of high 20's.

Even though it was 55 today, we had a little fire going in the wood stove. It felt so good to me. I am cold so much right now. Maybe I am losing a layer of fat.. Wonder how many of those layers I have. Lets say...oh...10 layers?!

The weather reports are really scary for the area being covered by Sandy. We had prayer at Church today for all those that will be impacted one way or another at this time. I have lots of family throughout Virginia.

All have a nice night. Don't let the bedbugs bite. Maybe I shouldn't say that anymore!?!?! My grandmother used to tell me that every time I spent the night at her house. Now, I wonder if she was trying to warn me.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 7:07 PM | Locked

Maybe when they give you that iron infusion tomorrow, they can also hook up an IV with fluids?  You need some nourishment, Sukochi.

My family used to say "Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite." and I've passed that on to my children and grandchildren, too.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Points 2,475
Clare replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 7:42 PM | Locked

Karla:
"Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite."
WE would say this to our girls when they were little & add "if they do, squeeze them tight & they won't bite another night"

Take care & stay safe everyone that is in the way of Sandy, thoughts & prayers going out for you.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 7:59 PM | Locked

Karla:

Maybe when they give you that iron infusion tomorrow, they can also hook up an IV with fluids?  You need some nourishment, Sukochi.

My family used to say "Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite." and I've passed that on to my children and grandchildren, too.

Karla, I am getting nournishment. I drink Ensure. In fact just a few minutes ago, I drank a record amount at one sitting. That was about 2/3 a bottle.Of course it took me 30 mins to drink that much. Since I read your comment though, I looked close at my hands and I think I might be a bit dehydrated. I will ask the nurses tomrrow. I drink as much as I can but, maybe, I will just have to drink more then enough. Problem is my esophagus kinda gets a closing feeling action and I can not swallow another drop. My skin is all sunken in appearance. Like I can see tendons and veins much more clearly then ever before. Yeah, I will have them look.

Jim said they are calling for up to an inch of snow where we will be tomorrow a.m. Oh, Boy!!!!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 10:01 PM | Locked

Good Night. Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite..and if they do, hit 'em with a shoe.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 10:22 PM | Locked

CC, that was our version, too.  Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite.  If they do, take a shoe and hit them til they're black and blue!  Of course now if you mention bed bugs, everyone gets the heeber-jeebers.  I know I'm nervous sleeping in hotel rooms now!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,397
Points 415,529
gini replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 11:15 PM | Locked

good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite and i'll see you when the sun shines bright.

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 9:00 AM | Locked

OOH! I like that one Gini! The sun's not quite up yet, but I'm sure it'll be shining bright when it does rise. Prayers going up for those of you in the storm's path that you'll soon be sing that bright orb too.

Last night was the Scout's Haunted House. DD has lived and breathed it all month. She somehow got it in her head to direct the show this yeat, and since no one else wanted the job, she ran with it. Her buddy helped a lot with it (His Mom seems to think they'd make a great couple and keeps pressuring the poor kid, despite the fact that DD has been pretty blunt that she wants no more then friendship. He's caught square in the middle, so I'm suprised that he helped as much as he did...I'da gone into hiding if I were him!) He couldn't come last night to see his efforts come to fruitation. :( Between the two of them they did an amazing job.

The theme this year was classic horror films. DD cast my boss as the wolfman, and her little brother hid in a very dark corner and screamed on que. He'd do this pitiful little moan and beg to be "let out".  (The kid has a future in horror films He's GOOD at it!). They had Frankenstien's monster, played by the cutest little girl in High school (She's barely 5' tall!) - so funny to see her clomp around all stiff and lurchy!!  and Renfield was the creepy neighbor guy (A real gem of a man, but he does the creepy thing very well). DD played the role of Countess Drakula ("I bid you..Velcome.") And the swamp thing was lurking just outside the door, waiting to grab hapless victoms who thought they'd escaped the terror.  The kids had so much fun some of them went through again and again ... "I only screamed once!" was the big brag of the night.  I call that a success!

Of course, this morning they are all exhausted. It wasn't a terribly late night but getting to sleep afte all the excitement was a challenge. DS1 said his throat is sore today..no doubt it is after screaming so many times! They'll need a couple of days to wind down before Trick or treating.  

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 9:05 AM | Locked

CC ,sounds like it was a fun evening.  You sure seem to have some very talented children ..   they should go far in their futures

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,353
Points 174,683
Marie replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:21 AM | Locked

CC, sounds like everyone had a great time, good for DD in the planning and all your children in the participating.  Hope Sprout wasn't there to hear the screams.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,340
Points 36,800
Linda replied on Mon, Oct 29 2012 11:24 AM | Locked

I got up this morning and baked brownies and cookies. Don't know what got into me. They sure smell good. I have a couple friends coming over this afternoon.

Last week I finally got my china cabinet repaired. After 10 long years I unpacked my teapots and grandma's teapots and dishes that I had. Since the cabinet is small, I decided to keep just a few things and I sent all the rest to my niece in Wisconsin, who I had promised that she would inherit anything that had been Grandma Koller's. I still have another box to send her but I ran out of boxes. I love what I kept tho.

There are a few other things but these are the 2 that I always looked at the most when I was a little girl. I never thought I'd have them in my very own china cabinet.

I had to move my sewing machines into my bedroom for the winter. It's a bit cramped but I'm finding ways to make do. I'll still have to go out and use my regular sewing rooms from time to time. Fortunately I have a space heater, but it runs up the electric bill. Hopefully, I don't have to spend too much time out there this winter.

I've started working on things for the Amish retreat in June 2013 since we are almost filled up already. I should be working on some quilts, but after just completing 3 I needed a break.

Well quilty hugs this week. God be with everyone on the east coast or anyone in way of the storm.

• | Post Points: 65
Page 162 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 160 161 162 163 164 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use