Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 161 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 159 160 161 162 163 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 6:56 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Thank you Sukochi, for your kind word.  Barbara

Dear Barbara,

Those were WORD with an S as in WORDS. I know I said more then one word because I went back and looked. ; )

Love, Sukochi

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 7:18 PM | Locked

Kind of gloomy and overcast here today, but I did get some done on my table runner. I'm going to have to figure out how I want to quilt it...I'm thinking I'll go ahead and load it on the frame as I am just no good on my domestic machine.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,194
gini replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 8:41 PM | Locked

well actually, sukochi, "word" can be plural, too. as in the word of god

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 9:00 PM | Locked

Oh Sukochi, you know I can type worth a Darn,LOL...

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 9:07 AM | Locked

Today I am just sitting her and listening to firetruck hauling water AGAIN to a house on the hill.  Last night a vacant house about 1/4 mile up the hill from us caught on fire.  We had 3 fire companies hauling water by our house and up the hill until midnight.  The fire reignited this morning.  Our nephew was chopping corn yesterday and saw the start of the fire when he was returning the chopper to the barn so called it in.  He saw the fire restarted again when he came from his home earlier this morning, so here we go again with trucks.  They should just let the wreck burn down.  The house was a dump 20 years ago and now is used by hunters occasionally.  I did see that they had left a light on in the house, probably to deter theft, not that there was anything valuable in there.  The trucks, rain, and our dirt roads are making a muddy mess - not a good thing with the hurricane that is supposed to drop lots more rain!

They are getting the water from a neighbor's pond which has had a dry-hydrant installed for such emergencies.  They have it right by the house alongside the barn driveway, so it is good for the trucks.  Our 2 ponds which are closer are difficult to get to when it is muddy or snowy.  Would need a large tractor on hand to get them out of the pasture and we only have one that is too small. We live on a corner, so get the full belefit of the truck traffic.  I think they are only using one tanker today.  Last night there were 3 fire companies up there. 

Maybe there will be some quilting done today - - - have one to sew binding on and another ready to quilt.  Have gotten 2 of those little monsters quilted so far this week and hope to finish the 3rd today so I have some bindings to do if our electric leaves us if the storm hits as predicted.  I can also pin the next 3 quilts without electric, so I am set for a storm.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 9:21 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

You are all in my prayers for health issues and taking care of parents...sometimes life just stinks.

We can look at it that way or look for the rainbows on the horizon.  That is what I try to do, but usually don't succeed.  I need to heed my own advice.  They are out there, we just have to look for them. 

Still hearing tanker trucks hauling water to the fire - seems to be 2 fire companies because 2 trucks just passed on the road - one going to the pond and the other returning.  This will be an interesting day.  I think the firemen need some excitement.  The remains could just burn and save tearing it down.  It was a loss BEFORE the fire!  It is only a threat to a few trees - no buildings close.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,099
Points 24,755
Agnes replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 9:31 AM | Locked

Marsha--Maybe they are keeping it burning for fire practice in case they face a real emergency. We had two old outbuildings and the local fire department was only too glad to have actual buildings for practice. This gave them an opportunity to get more familiar with their new foam truck.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,275
Points 26,990
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 9:47 AM | Locked

Agnes:
Maybe they are keeping it burning for fire practice in case they face a real emergency.

Wish that was the case - they should have been checking on the fire this morning but the family in one of our other houses nearer to that house saw the flames this morning and called it in.  Volunteer firemen in this area are not known to be the type to get up early on a Sunday morning.  Of course, they didn't leave until midnight last night - I know because I couldn't sleep with the truck traffic - I guess they had an excuse, of sorts, not to check.  Containing the fire should only need one fire company, but I guess they all need "practice" or "entertainment".  (We know the firemen too well! One is our vacation truck driver.)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 3:30 PM | Locked

Gini,

Come on dont keep us in suspense how did it go with the Designer 1 we need to know so that we know whether to uncross our fingers or not.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,194
gini replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 3:40 PM | Locked

oh dang i forgot.  we were one person too late, but sam now knows what i am looking for , so he will be on the hunt.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 3:45 PM | Locked

Oh Gini,

Im so sorry i was so hoping you would get it.

Ah well Christmas is just around the corner.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,194
gini replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 4:01 PM | Locked

i'm not looking for a christmas present, frances, i'm looking for a bargain.  that machine came with a table, the quilting attachements, the embroidery unit and several hoops lots of extra feet, the whole nine yards, for $500.   i've decided that i like my designer 1 so much that i am going to hunt for another one for my second machine.  that way when mine dies i'll have a good one to use for back up.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 4:34 PM | Locked

gini:

oh dang i forgot.  we were one person too late, but sam now knows what i am looking for , so he will be on the hunt.

That's a bummer gini, fingers crossed you find another...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,426
Points 72,150
Karla replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 4:37 PM | Locked

No quilting yet today, but I've got the new Sapphire set up and am trying to figure everything out on it.  DH also helped (sometimes when he helps it is more work than help) because I needed him to loosen some bolts on the frame that, of course, he had tightened to begin with.  Then finally got the stitch regulator installed.  Now I just need to make up some sample quilt sandwiches to see if it actually works the way it is supposed to work.

Just got off the phone with DD2 and she now has pneumonia.  Seems like she just can't win this year since having the baby.  She had a serious bought of colitis and sepsis which put her in the hospital for 6 days and now it is pneumonia.  They said it's probably because her immune system is so weak after the colitis/sepsis that the cold the kids brought home school that she caught has now become pneumonia.  So it's another regimen of antibiotics for her.  

Went to parent/teacher conferences with her for DGS2 and DGS3.  DGS3 has serious behavioral problems in school but he managed to pull out 3 A's, 2 B's and 1 C.  We were pleasantly surprised to say the least.  DGS2 had all A's.  I guess his behavioral problems from the last 2 years might be coming to an end.  Took DGS3 to a Behavorial Psychologist since the school is insisting he has ADHD and should be medicated; however, he said if he has ADHD it is not severe enough to be medicated.  That's the 2nd opinion we've gotten that said the same thing.  Both the pediatrician and the psychologist said that teachers these days just can't seem to handle anything out of the norm.

Anyway, we're going to try some diet changes and behavioral modifications if the school agrees to keep track of the time periods in the day that he seems to be at his worst.  If all else fails, grandma (that would be me) has volunteered to "home school" the boy if the teacher and school district remain adamant about medicating him.  I really can't understand teachers these days.  When I was in school we had classrooms that had as many as 45 students and now these teachers are having problems with just 24 students in their class.  

Off my soap box now...I never had problems like this when I was in school and had very problems with the school district when my daughters were in school.  Maybe we are just in a bad school district as I have heard many many complaints about this district and the teachers.  Lot's of kids are home schooled here.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 4:58 PM | Locked

Temps have dropped like a rock here in GA.  Friday was in the high 70's.  today we didn't even hit 60.  The wind was a bit nippy when we took the dogs for a jaunt in the fields.  They were frisky though.  Vader managed to find a dead squirrel - ICK!  I hope he takes the carcass home with him and doesn't leave it on our yard. 

Tomorrow I will be going up to the shop to do a Project Linus sew day with Sherrie.  She has a bunch of quilts ready for binding so Gail and I will do that all day.  I got a card in the mail that our chapter is having a sew day next Sat. but I have to work then. I hope that I am off for our little Christmas gathering as I missed it last year.  Since I am helping Sherrie with the Project Linus thing, I won't be going to Tabitha.  I had a bunch of bibs that I made that I needed to get there so Verna could sew the Velcro tabs on them as they are being taken to the Philipines in Dec .  Plus I had a lap quilt that I finished.  So I took them to church this morning and gave them to one of the gals that I knew would be going.

I haven't been in my sewing room since last Weds.  I have been so tired when I got home from work.  I worked Thurs. Fri and Sat.  - first time I have done three days in a row.  I would have been off on Sat. but I covered for Cindy.  I hope I can get back in there enough this week to get Celeste's knitting tote done and do some more work on the quilt for our bed.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 161 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 159 160 161 162 163 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use