Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 160 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 158 159 160 161 162 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 11:39 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Drank Ensure. No problem. Good stuff. Jim's Mom hated it.

Glad Ensure helps you.  We had to disguise Ensure as a chocolate milkshake to get my father to drink it!  He would ask the nurses for another of those delicious milk shakes!!!  MIL refuses to drink it - - - she would rather eat mashed potatos and gravy all the time!  Hard to convince her to eat vegetables.  Now I remember all her dinners - - - beef, gravy, potatos - - - EVERY DAY!  When I was little, we only had gravy a few times a year.  Such a difference from growing up in the city with little money and growing up on the farm with your own meat, milk, and potatos.

I am sure you will reach your goal of getting to the sewing room.  A post card is a nice small project to start with.  Hope all will be OK for your niece.  She should have moved sooner.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 11:52 AM | Locked

Thea:
 I will always wonder if I am making the right decisions - right now I am leaning towards keeping her right here with me until they prove to me that they are actually going to be able to help her someplace else.

I hate to say it, but I think you are right.  We are going through the same thing with Rich's mom, but she is not living in our house.  She lives across the road and stays alone at night.  So far that is working, but she calls me very night to "make sure we are OK".  Rich checks on her every morning early, before she wakes up, to be sure she is OK.  Dementia is very hard to deal with and so different in each one.  We are now at the point that a daily caretaker may not be enough.  She doesn't like to be alone and because of my health, we can't have her here.  I would have no place to "escape" to quilt or rest.  She has to know what everyone is doing all the time.  And the TV - - - that runs at highest volume and I am oversensitive to sound.  As long as she can see a light over here, she is OK because she doesn't feel alone.  She has to also take inventory of each vehicle we have - If she can't see one, she calls to see what is wrong!  She doesn't like nursing homes even though she likes to visit people there.  That is for "OLD PEOPLE" and she is "NOT OLD" - only 98! - but in her mind she is younger than we are.

Wish I could give you some advice - - - don't let her bug you too much and pull you strings so much - - - and take advantage of your quiet places.  Your own health matters much to you, hubby, and the rest of your family.  It is hard to walk the tightrope between her happiness and your health.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 12:39 PM | Locked

Good ...Gosh, Almost Afternoon!! Happy Saturday Ever'body!

Cold and foggy here this morning. A good day to cuddle up by the fire and sew. Alas, the kids are home and Mom can't get a moments peace...

We puppy-sat Bossman's new companion last night. She's not quite 3 months old. Jenni can't decide whether to be jealous of the new comer or tear the house up romping with her.The kids are having a blast playing with the little bundle of fur. She seems to have decided that my lap is a good place for a puppy to nap. DH says "happiness is a warm puppy"...but then he's not buried under 2 kids, a baby  AND the puppy! LOL

Jr saw a monster truck quilt on the Show and Tell Page and now he wants to make one. His little head is over-flowing with grand ideas...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 1:23 PM | Locked

Went to Walmart. Just have one pair of those pants (like workout long pants?) that sit below the waist. So, went to get more. Drove one of those electric carts. Now, that is some FUN! I had a ball, Jim was embarrassed and other shoppers were running for their lives. Exilarating. : }

I got some of those same pants. My current ones,(size 16/18) which fit fine Monday, are now way too baggy. So, took a big chance and got 12/14.  Guess what, girlies?      THEY FIT!!!!!!  I'm hot, I'm so hot. I'm good lookin", that s ME! hee hee.

Oh, walked down the driveway when we got home. Great strides today. Now, lets see about that postcard.

Happy afternoon.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 1:55 PM | Locked

Today , I have started working on a small Whole cloth quilt . I have it cut marked and have done my tarpunto batting ,so now I'm ready to sit and cut it all out. If you would like to see what I've done  I have it posted in the  Fear NO more FMQ group . Its my very first so I'm just sharing it with the group as I go .  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 2:32 PM | Locked

Oh, Barbara, There are just no words. I, um, am just speachless. That is SO amazing. You have really mastered FMQ. Oh, how beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished product. Oh, Barbara........!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 3:01 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Went to Walmart. Just have one pair of those pants (like workout long pants?) that sit below the waist. So, went to get more. Drove one of those electric carts. Now, that is some FUN! I had a ball, Jim was embarrassed and other shoppers were running for their lives. Exilarating. : }

I got some of those same pants. My current ones,(size 16/18) which fit fine Monday, are now way too baggy. So, took a big chance and got 12/14.  Guess what, girlies?      THEY FIT!!!!!!  I'm hot, I'm so hot. I'm good lookin", that s ME! hee hee.

Oh, walked down the driveway when we got home. Great strides today. Now, lets see about that postcard.

Happy afternoon.

Oh Sukochi, it's so good to hear you've gotten your mojo back!  ROFLOL about the electric cart and about how hot you are in your size 12/14 pants.  Good for you!  I'm also sure you'll get that postcard made before day is done.  You are something else!!!!!!!!!!    (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,541
Points 416,959
gini replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 4:16 PM | Locked

i just realized i haven't seen the newsletter for a few months, and i can't find it on my home page.  do we still get one?  and where is it?

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 4:42 PM | Locked

gini:
i haven't seen the newsletter for a few months

I still get one each month.  Maybe when they were having those problems a couple weeks ago things got goofed up.  I know some of my posts were rated with 0 points for a while.  Thought that was weird too.  I was also getting multicolored details on the discussion pages.  Who knows??

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 5:13 PM | Locked

No post card today. I got up and made chicken salad for Jim's supper. When I was cutting up the chicken, I got the worst ache in  my stomach, that went though to my back. Probably that gas they put in there. But, it sent me for the pain pills andto  the recliner. There is always tomorrow.

Jim and my DS said I am just trying to do too much before I give myself time to heal. Probably right.

I had mashed potato (well, 4 little bites) and gravy for supper. Oh, did that food taste so good. But, it is now trying to reappear. Which, ain't gonna happen.

Jim is so after me to not go to Church. I said we could walk in and sit on the back row close to the door. He said someone already sits there!! The members in our church are very protective of "our" seats. But we could sit behind Jerry and Martha. Of course, then we coudl not see Ron, but that is no matter. 8 }  At least I would be there. Jim said to make the decision in the morning. I will pray about it. I know God wants me there.

We finally just gave up on finding anyone to clean the stovepipe for us. Jim bought the brush do-hickey and did it himsale. of course, he was very smug when he came off the roof, saying "see, this could have been done a month ago. But, no, you wouldn't let me get up on the roof". Well, see this gun, you are more then welcome to get in front of IT!! jk He made his point.

Have a good evening and sleep well my quilty sisters.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 6:17 PM | Locked

Thank you Sukochi, for your kind word.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 6:18 PM | Locked

Gini I got one this month in my reg e-mail . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 6:49 PM | Locked

Glad you are feeling better Sukochi...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 6:50 PM | Locked

nantenn:
when I was working, my patients did carnation instant breakfast you mix it with milk and sometimes ice cream and it is much cheaper and nutrionally equal.

That is what I used, I was able to digest it much better...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 6:55 PM | Locked

You are all in my prayers for health issues and taking care of parents...sometimes life just stinks.

Page 160 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 158 159 160 161 162 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use