Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 159 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 157 158 159 160 161 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,636
Points 52,400
Ginny replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 7:14 PM | Locked

Thea, it was a smart call for you to contact APS. At least they know what the score is and may be able to direct you to more services that may be available for not a lot of money.  Sometimes , as I said,  the area agency for aging can be a great help.  It may be called something else in our area, but it is a federal government agency that helps in many ways to help the families through this, especially if there is need for help with funding.  It may be called something else in your area, that is what it is called here in Michigan.  Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 10:43 PM | Locked

WTG Spud.  Isn't it so awesome when you finally have points.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 10:46 PM | Locked

Thea

You are definitely at a place where tough decisions have to be made.  I wish there was an easy answer.   The only thought I will give is to make a decision based on what is best for everyone.  Try not to make a decision just because it is easier to live with.   Big hugs.  And hope this journey isn't too awfully tough for any of you.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 10:51 PM | Locked

Nana:
Isn't it so awesome when you finally have points.

Yes it is!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120
Elaine Phillips replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 10:55 PM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
I'm home from the LQS(s)! Had a really nice time at my favorite one, and Elaine was working today so she got stuck helping me find what I needed. She was great and I got everything on my list, plus an extra or two

Max, it was great seeing you today. Come on back tomorrow, Mon, or Tue. I will be working then too. Our shop owner and two other workers are at Market, so they are keeping me busy. Be sure to post pics of the two quilts you are working on when you get done with them. They are both beautiful.

Too bad all you other ladies haven't met Max in person. She is a real sweetheart!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120
Elaine Phillips replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 11:10 PM | Locked

Thea, I am so sorry for what you are going thru and for the decisions you have to make. I will keep you and yours in my prayers. You are loved, dear friend.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,697
Points 248,897
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 9:05 AM | Locked

thank you Elaine - it has just been so hard.  I will always wonder if I am making the right decisions - right now I am leaning towards keeping her right here with me until they prove to me that they are actually going to be able to help her someplace else.  I just can't see her in a nursing home staying in her room and just disappearing.  I wouldn't be able to visit her there very often and here - maybe slowly she will feel less scared and threatened.  It is a tough job but I am hoping that I can do it.  I am not sure of anything though and I know it is very hard on DH - the changes that age brings on a person and the changes that you see with strokes - I keep seeing those commercials that say that they can do things about strokes but so far I haven't seen them do anything... the paranoia is there and I need to break through it somehow... somehow reassure her that she really is loved... no matter what kind of person she was.  

But of course I just don't know.  And I really do thank everyone for the prayers - they sustain me during this time and strengthen me greatly.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,681
Points 179,378
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 9:07 AM | Locked

Thea:
Marie, That is something I am going to look into - hadn't thought of that

Thea, just to let you know, it didn't cost anything to take her mother there, it was part of the elder care in her community.  In view of the political scene right now, I don't know if that is still available.  I know that this may sound mean but when your mom says NO  you need to be loving but firm and tell her truthfully that you love her very much but you and Jay need some alone time and she needs to do this for you.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 9:39 AM | Locked

Mornin' Glories.

Much better day today. Little pain. Another pound gone over night. Now, how bad can THAT be? My seat pants are loose!! ; }   Drank Ensure. No problem. Good stuff. Jim's Mom hated it.

Today am going to set a goal of getting into the sewing room and start a fabric post card. Mhy goal tomorrow is GOING TO CHURCH. I am gonna complete these goals.

All of you in Sandys pat,. hunker down. It is going to be a rough ride. My niece livs in Brooklyn, NY.  She moves to San Francisos in Dec. Should have gone last week.

Have a wonderful quilty day.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 110
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 10:09 AM | Locked

Sukochi,

Now you definately sound more yourself, Dr Theas advice must be working.

God bless, honey talk to you soon.

Lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,822
Points 248,574
Barbara replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 10:13 AM | Locked

Sukochi, glad to hear the Ensure worked, I might stick with that for awhile ,also hope you continue to improve daily ,

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 10:14 AM | Locked

So happy today is better. Glad you like Ensure..Boost is essentially the same and often alittle cheaper .

when I was working, my patients did carnation instant breakfast you mix it with milk and sometimes ice cream and it is much cheaper and nutrionally equal.

Hope the day continues to be good and little pain

Nan

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,697
Points 248,897
Thea replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 10:18 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Mhy goal tomorrow is GOING TO CHURCH
Sukochi - I think that is my goal every Saturday - every week seems better if I can make it to church on Sunday - just to have the camaraderie of people that believe in the Lord - makes one feel so much better.  

I am so glad you are sounding better - I won't stop my prayers by a long shot - but ease up a little on telling the big guy what I want to happen...teehee... he does help - he has me smiling although very chilly today!  I told my fur babies the back door was just not going to be open today for them to go in and out - - They are upset but they will get over it... Jay is going to build a box thingie to go over the back sliding door  so that we can insulate it and the cold can't get in - this back room where I am does not have heat vents or a/c in it - we use space heaters and they just aren't strong enough with that cold cold air that is coming in - feels almost like winter is right around the corner - but they say we are going to be back up in the 70s tomorrow - makes one wonder.

Mom is toasty warm in the front room and seems better today!  Not sure but we shall see - I double checked and put a folded up quilt in front of the door to my old sewing room as we don't heat that room in the winter either to keep down on the electric bill - I have got to get Jay to call a guy to to what CC is having done - more insulation in the walls... It has been on the list to do but so far it was not up on the top yet - other things like vacations and weddings keep getting in the way!  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,154
Points 14,985
Dawn replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 10:21 AM | Locked

Thea, Praying for you!  We can only do our best, like w/our kids, w/our elderly parents too.  God has got this and will give you that answer you need.

Spud, you did great on those points!  YAY!!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 10:26 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Mornin' Glories.

Your greeting made my day.  So glad you are feeling better today.  Medical procedures put my hair on end.  I've been keeping you in my prayers.  I think we met briefly at the Smokey MT. retreat.  Good to see you're taking little steps.  Soon you will be 110%.  Thanks for the smile.

Page 159 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 157 158 159 160 161 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use