Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 157 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 155 156 157 158 159 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:01 PM | Locked

I had made arrangements for Maddie's mom to do her lessons today, wrote out lesson plans etc..I was going to LQS for some help with some accuquilt blocks and then was going to actually sit down and quilt.  But I can not win, woke up with grandson's strep throat and clogged ears.

Weather has not changed yet here due for tomorrow. Took a nap but was not really tired so was restless.

i kinda need to make grands Halloween bags, running out of time. Punted sewing costumes this year after the difficulty with Ariel last year. They will go to town where they have like a greet party including Treat Street ran by M&M/Mars factory here, they actually give out commercial size bags of candy to kids!  

Maddie has painted my glass screen door in front with Halloween scene , pumpkins,cats and haunted house. She loves it and when she gets tied of it..soap and water is all it takes. She loves the glassed in sunroom as she has many panels she can paint but last week she asked for a ladder, when I asked why ..she said she was going to paint the skylights!,, quite the character. Happy quilting

Nan

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:03 PM | Locked

Max

You found some really great fabrics.  You go girl.   Next time you see Elaine give her a hug from me.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:18 PM | Locked

nantenn:

I had made arrangements for Maddie's mom to do her lessons today, wrote out lesson plans etc..I was going to LQS for some help with some accuquilt blocks and then was going to actually sit down and quilt.  But I can not win, woke up with grandson's strep throat and clogged ears.

Weather has not changed yet here due for tomorrow. Took a nap but was not really tired so was restless.

i kinda need to make grands Halloween bags, running out of time. Punted sewing costumes this year after the difficulty with Ariel last year. They will go to town where they have like a greet party including Treat Street ran by M&M/Mars factory here, they actually give out commercial size bags of candy to kids!  

Maddie has painted my glass screen door in front with Halloween scene , pumpkins,cats and haunted house. She loves it and when she gets tied of it..soap and water is all it takes. She loves the glassed in sunroom as she has many panels she can paint but last week she asked for a ladder, when I asked why ..she said she was going to paint the skylights!,, quite the character. Happy quilting

Nan

Maddie, one day you will probably repaint the ceiling in the Sistine Chapel. U a mess, girlfriend!!  ILY

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:29 PM | Locked

Clare:

Sukochi, happy anniversary 43 years is a long time, what is your secret? Glad to hear that you are a bit better today, have been thinking & praying for a quick & easy recovery for you. If I was you I'd do as Thea said as she has me scared and I'm not even in the same country as both of you. LOL

Clare xx

Aw, Thea doesn't scare me. Her bark is worse then her bite. Now, CC scares me!! Imagine coming after an idiot with your rotary cutter in your own house. So, if she kills him, does she go to jail or get off for protecting her cutting mat? Guess the Judge would have to be a quilter to understand the gravity of that situation.

Today is a 1.5. I walked up the driveway to the road and back. Brought the day down to a -1. Though pain is markedly better and the eating is not.  I wonder why I am not already 10 pounds lighter.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:52 PM | Locked

You might want to try some of the energy drinks.  Ensure or Boost.  My mom was on them when she was having trouble eating.  They are full of vitamins, minerals and proteins etc. so even if you just get a little down, you are still getting good nutrition.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,928
Points 233,812
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 3:33 PM | Locked

Well, I am back home and exhausted again.  They want me to put Mom in a nursing home ... I know it is probably the right answer but I brought her here to keep my brother from doing just that.  I want them to fix her!  They think the problems she is having are long term and that entering her in Generations which is a short term facility will not do what they need to do to get her on the meds she might need.  No meds were offered today... Just put her in a home!  No homes take pets and she will not be okay with out her Cocoa... so now ... 

I, again, do not know what to do... to continue on the way we are going is not going to work but their answer for it does not work either.  

APS called to see how it went today and I told them - I told them if possible I want to keep her home - and I want her fixed - they gave me some Home health people that might be able to help but said it is quite expensive... so ... we stand at that place again...

I know I am rambling and I know that I haven't told anyone except a few who were with me at retreat what is going on - but I just need to ramble a little - and ask for your prayers to give me the capability to know what is the right thing to do now - not just the nice thing.  

I think I could sleep for a week today - but I know that is not going to happen... 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,928
Points 233,812
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 3:46 PM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:

Well, I have just checked the balance available on my cc, so I am off to the LQS.  I need binding for two quilts (want b/w zig-zag I think), and backing for one, and maybe better backing for another. And I hope they have some pretty thread for quilting another. Then I may have to dig thru the sale bin. Oh, drat!  What a way to have to start the day!

Thea!  Just saw some eye-candy for you.  Hop over to this blog and take a look at the featured quilt for today.  All from one simple block!  I thought of your wonderful SnW when I saw it! http://vickiwelsh.typepad.com/   If I was better at making HST I would have to try it.

Ya'll have a wonderful quilty day!  I'm off to the LQS!

Max

Max, I did go and look.  almost didn't but I had to go back in pages to see who CC was going after with her rotary cutter and I don't think her DH should have stopped her... stepping on a cutting mat - what was his problem - and just coming in and out and not cleaning off his boots - OH DEAR!!! 

Max - I digressed - amazing quilt and I had to go look up the block that she used in Block base then take a close up of the blocks so I could see them up close and personal - just amazing what different fabrics look like when you cut them up and put them back together - I loved the one block the most - the blueish one - I would buy that fabric only for a SnW...

Maybe soon - thank you so much for sharing with me... and HSTs are easy - and in that quilt there are only 4 in each block the rest is squares... just cut and turn the fabric...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 4:13 PM | Locked

Woo Hoo...I have always had trouble with HSTs - so, I decided yesterday that I was going to make my table runner with HSTs. I just put the first square together and I HAVE POINTS... finally!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,102
Points 410,819
gini replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 4:21 PM | Locked

thea, you are at a rough crossroad.  i hope you find a solution that works for all of you

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,102
Points 410,819
gini replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 4:22 PM | Locked

YIPPEE, WAY TO GO, SPUD.    (could you here me all the way down there?)

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 4:23 PM | Locked

gini:

YIPPEE, WAY TO GO, SPUD.    (could you here me all the way down there?)

Loud and clear gini...:)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 4:39 PM | Locked

You have great points Spud!   (Has anyone ever told you that before?)   Seriously, they are perfect -- mine tend to be a little "over sharpened" so their tips breaks off.   

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 4:43 PM | Locked

Thea, when Jim's Mom came to "stay" with us. It just sent my Bipolar into a downward spiral. Jim insisted that we could not be mother's caregiver and have a normal life, and stable marriage. We made the tough choice. She went to a beautiful Asisisted Living facility. She refused to join in the activities, she would not leave her room for meals most of the time, etc. That was HER choice. She was trying everything she could to make us feel like dirtbags She didn't need to do that cause we already did. You have to do what is necessary for yourself, and Jay. Your Mom would not want you to be this depressed because she is making life hard for you and Jay. Explain everything to her and see if she gets it. I can tell you though nursing homes are even more expensive then assisted living facilities. Mom's huge room with fireplace, big bathroom and huge walk-in closet, meals included, set her back $2500. a month. The local nursing home would have cost $3000. a month and is in the old 1940's era hospital here.If your Dad was a vet, she can get $1000. off per month from the VA  You are, basically decided between the quality of your life vs. the quality of her life. It is so hard a dicision to make. I recently read that parents should not expect their children to be caretakers of them, till they die. I pray for guidence of our Heavenly Father. I pray for strenght, as you make this hard choice. I pray for peace for your mind and relaxation for your body.  God will tell you what to do and when to do it if you open your heart and listen.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 4:48 PM | Locked

Vivian :

You might want to try some of the energy drinks.  Ensure or Boost.  My mom was on them when she was having trouble eating.  They are full of vitamins, minerals and proteins etc. so even if you just get a little down, you are still getting good nutrition.

Thanks VIvian. Jim is on his way to get some of that. I am finding that when I try to eat soft foods (yogurt, ice cream, pudding, etc) it goes right through me. I have lost 4 pounds in the past 4 days. I must get the exercise but when you have no strenght, it is so hard. I know I need to walk up the drive again today but don't know how I can. Even liquid is bloating me now.  NEVER, EVER have this surgery. I would rather spend my life the way it was (spasms, vomiting, relux, hoarse vioce) then go through this.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 4:49 PM | Locked

Maggie:
mine tend to be a little "over sharpened" so their tips breaks off.   

That is the problem I've always had Maggie, but I decided if others could have points - so could I...

Page 157 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 155 156 157 158 159 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use