Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 154 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 152 153 154 155 156 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,848
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 1:02 PM | Locked

Great news. Nothing wrong with my liver or pancraes!!! Looks like I will live to be at least 63 if this recuop from this surgery doesn't kill me first.

I tried a milkshake. Went down easy. But, it was a small size and when I had 1/4 of it down, I was so stuffed I was half sick. He said tiny  meals 6 x a day.

Jennifer had a great idea. Cook a orast with potatos and carrots then add some gravy and blend it. Viola, my dinner. Really good idea.

Taking a nap now. The ride to Blue Ridge and back worn me totally out. Later....

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 1:10 PM | Locked

Great News, Sukochi!  Get lots of rest and do as Dr. Thea tells you!!  Heck of a way to spend an anniversary... you do know how to have fun, girl!

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 239,992
Thea replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 2:00 PM | Locked

I like that Dr Thea - teehee - if I could only stand the sight of blood...argh!

Still haven't gotten to the sewing machine but redid my back livingroom once again...teehee... Moved the couch back to the wall and opened up the area in front of my fireplace - although I ended up putting the coffee table back there so I could put my portable design wall up on top of it... I like it up a little rather then on the floor - don't like bending over to put those blocks on the bottom... and I can see it up better... moved the dog's dishes and the ironing station... vacuumed everything every where and scrubbed on that spot again and ran the steam cleaner over it once again.  I do think DH spilled something oiley there that he does not want to fess up too... it is going to drive me nuts - probably drive me so nuts that I buy new carpeting for back here which I do not want to do... Might get a new area rug though and put it over it so I don't have to see it... I have now scrubbed and steam cleaned that one area for about 4 hours... argh!!!  Anyone have any ideas... I need one I have tried everything I can think of.... 

Not sure if any sewing will happen today - think maybe later - DH will probably go play in the pool tournament so I'll have the evening free and maybe then I'll sew... have to check the washer now to see if load #2 is done - 1 still to go and then the hampers are empty!!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 2:01 PM | Locked

Oh, Spud,  I love your swift kicker.  ROFLMBO    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 2:05 PM | Locked

Oh Thea, that' why I really love my Babylock Symphony.  The threader and the needle threader both work like a charm.  The only thing that bothers me about it is it lets me know when my bobbin has only about 2 inches of thread left on it.  Wish it let me sew til the end of the row.  LOL   Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 2:08 PM | Locked

Sukochi,

Great new, wonderful news now just listen to Dr Thea do what you are told and get better.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 28,075
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 2:57 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Tired applesaue, cottage chees, and Cranberry  juice. Can't get any of them down. Can get sios of water down. And now, HIVES are back. Took a couple Benedrly and am getting very woozy.

Sukochi, You just need to relax a little.  Your body has to adjust to the new "plumbing" - tension just tightens up the muscles and makes swallowing so much harder.  This is the same type of reaction we have with Fibromyalgia.  When I get tense, my esophagus tightens up and I can't swallow either.  Having a large hyatial hernia doesn't help.  I may also need the surgery you had in the future. 

Try to relax, get lots of rest, and lots of warm fluids - the heat relaxes the muscles (I drink warm water or tea) - not too hot until healed.  The good old-fashioned cure - warm broth and smooth soups will also go down much easier.  Better days are ahead.  Hope your hives calm down when you relax a little more.  Good to hear the nausea is a little better.  Hope the better day you prayed for is here today.  Wish they could have given you something else besides Tylenol, but it is probably the only pain reliever that doesn't irritate much and you sure don't need any more irritation.  Take a warm drink with the Tylenol - I find it slips down easier, probably because of relaxing the muscles - and also seems to take effect faster and better, at least for me. 

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 28,075
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 3:19 PM | Locked

Nana:

I really need to "dig out" my sewing area.  I have so much stuff stuffed everywhere that I can barely find the machine.  How do we end of with everything stacked on all the sewing and cutting spaces????

Nana, try a cutting table in the middle of the kitchen instead of a kitchen table!!  Mine is the favorite spot to drop EVERYTHING when passing by.  Of course we don't eat there, no room!  Rich would rather eat in his recliner and be SERVED THERE!!!  I have to clear the table tonight so I can pin-baste 3 more small quilts.  I have enough Pinmoors to pin 3 quilts at a time.  One is quilted and partially bound (took in truck today) and I hope to quilt the other 2 tonight.  Right now the table has about 100 I SPY charm squares lined up to look at and choose from, a pile of quilt tops, backings and a few batting.  Also, a few groceries still reside there waiting to be transferred to a countertop (when room opens up) because I don't have much cupboard space or a pantry, yet.  That is in the near future after an old upright freezer gets empty and moved out.  There is hope for the cutting table and the kitchen yet. 

The most popular surface to cover is the ironing board - now holding bound quilts that need a little additional FMQ, some tote bags, electrical tape, my portable sewing kit including a 12 x 12 dual sided cutting/ironing board, my purse, and the jacket I took in the truck today and didn't need - - - it is in the 70s with "hurricane snow" a few days in the future!  Such an "interesting" time of year, weather-wise. 

I am heading to the sewing machine now, then to the "digging".  I should be washing windows outside because it is so warm, but ground is so wet from all the rain we have had that the stepladder will probably sink into the mud - I guess I will pass on that today.  We are sure to have more warmish days that aren't so soggy before the s**w flies here.  Good luck with your digging - - maybe you will find an interesting project buried in there.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 28,075
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 3:33 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

Barbara:
HELP I need a swift kick .LOL 

Here you go Barbara...you may need to click on it to get the full kick!

Spud, the kick worked for me also.  Looks like you can help a lot with your kicking system (I clicked on it)!  I am heading to the sewing machine right after this posts, and thankfully they have been posting the last 2 days without those SORRY messages.  Hope I didn't just jinx it again. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 28,075
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 3:47 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I tried a milkshake. Went down easy.

I was going to suggest the milkshake, also, but didn't know how you were with milk.  We are told we all would be better with 6 small meals a day instead of eating as much as we try to at one time.  I know I feel much better with smaller, more frequent meals.  Not only doesn't my stomach get overloaded, but my blood sugar levels keep more even instead of dropping as low as it does when I only eat 3 times a day.  One solution to this problem for me is a piece of cheese or spoonful of peanutbutter.  A small balanced meal would be better, though. 

Good to see you are thinking good thoughts about food and not turning away from it.  There are many ways to get a balanced meal in a semi-liquid form.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 3:54 PM | Locked

Thea:

1 still to go and then the hampers are empty!!!

Wow - My hampers have not been empty since I brought them home.  Nice work.

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,499
Points 30,510
Diana replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 4:20 PM | Locked

Hi Gang,    Met up with Mary for lunch today.  Went to the Applewood in Pigeon Forge and had a great time.   Ate and visited and everything.  I'll be seeing her again next week at the Lodge on Douglas Lake.  Andrea and the twins will be there too.  It will be fun to see them all again.  I'm only going for a day to visit since I'll be flying out next Sat.  I finally got a dr. appt. for next Tues. too.  Haven't seen one for almost 2 years and guess it's time.  I really hate doctors.    Well, need some dinner.

Have a great day.    Diana (Bink) in East Tn.   

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 4:30 PM | Locked

Thea:
 I do think DH spilled something oiley there that he does not want to fess up too...

If it's oil, you can get carpet cleaner specially made to remove it at an auto shop. Call a car dealership and ask what they use when they detail used vehicles taken in on trade.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 4:34 PM | Locked

Carolyn:

Thea:

1 still to go and then the hampers are empty!!!

Wow - My hampers have not been empty since I brought them home.  Nice work.

Hampers get empty??? Gosh, I didn't know they even had bottoms!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 4:45 PM | Locked

My table was buried today so I tossed my big cutting mat out on the floor so I could cut DS1's cape. I turned to grab the fabric I needed to cut, and when I turned back around that *Bleep* doing the insulation inspection was standing on my cutting mat!! I had the rotory cutter in my hand and I was about to use it when Hubby side-lined me. He says arterial spray woulda ruined a perfectly good viking costume... I don'no. It mighta made the kid look as feirce as he wants to be!!  Alas, He wouldn't let me slash any tendons and find out. I was thinking that the big one behind his knees was really nicely located for a quick slice...   Ironically, the creep stood around blapping about how well he takes care of his tools. It was mighty hard to hold my tongue... 

He drilled test holes in the walls to check the insulation levels and left me piles of sheet-rock dust. Then he just tossed the plugs he drilled out in the wood box... 3 feet from the actual trash can. He was in and out  the front door at least 2 doz times, tracking snow and mud in every time. I guess no one ever taught him to stamp his feet. I'm mighty glad he won't be on the crew that actually does the work!!!! It's unlikely we'll see him again, and that is probably a very good thing, or I'd be posting from prison.

Page 154 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 152 153 154 155 156 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use