Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 150 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 148 149 150 151 152 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 4:00 PM | Locked

Thea:
I can not believe the amount of flies we have had this year
Have you heard about the Amish way to handle flies?  A zip lock plastic bag with a little water and a couple of shiny pennies.  It has something to do with the way flies eyes work.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 4:03 PM | Locked

Nan - sorry to hear about Montgomery.  At least he has a lot of company on the other side of the rainbow bridge.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 4:08 PM | Locked

Maggie - I am sorry to hear about Slick.  You are right about him being in a better place.  Someday I may find out that I am all wet but I believe there are animals in Heaven. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 4:10 PM | Locked

Vivian - have you tried Lands End.  They usually carry swimsuits in their catalog all year long.  You can even buy suits in individual pieces if one part of you is a different size than the other.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 4:11 PM | Locked

Lookin' good Spud.  You will have them all done in no time now. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 636
Points 9,445
MaggieNae replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 4:12 PM | Locked

So sorry to hear about the recent loss of pets.  I know how hard it can be.  I still miss my Tink (and Scout and Darla).  Unfortunately, it happens to us all.  I only wish my last two had gone in the peace and comfort of home.  It's the hardest decision to make, to let them go.  But I told them both that I loved them and made the promise that when the time came, I would let them go.  It was a hard promise to keep.

On the other side, I'm glad CC that Jenny will have a playmate (young as it may be).  You might see that it does her a lot of good, and keeps her busy in a good way.

That pennies in a bag of water thing seems to work.  I've had bees hiving outside my sewing room for a few years.  I put a bag of pennies in water outside and they've not been back all this year. 

All my best to everyone. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 4:16 PM | Locked

Sukochi - Sorry you are feeling so miserable tight now.  i hope things get better really soon for you. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 4:23 PM | Locked

Today I got all the pieces of Inn Control sandwiched between the fabric for Celeste's knitting tote that I am making her.  I also got 4 pillowcases done. 

I marinated a strip steak for Dave today.  Since I can't have steak yet, I marinated a chicken breast for me.  I cooked them both in the George Foreman grill.  I was really pleased at how tasty that chicken breast was.  Tonight I will grill a turkey burger for my protein.  Celeste told me that the Butterball brand is better tasting that the ones I bought.  I will have to look for them when these are gone.  I have one more week on the first cycle of the diet before moving up to the second phase with more choices.  Really looking forward to the third phase when I can have oatmeal for breakfast. 

Maggie Nae - good to hear that the penny trick works.  I haven't tried it yet as we don't have a lot of trouble with flies.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 4:35 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Lookin' good Spud.  You will have them all done in no time now. 

Thanks Marge... BTW, I'm going to have to give your Amish fly catcher trick a try. I'll try most anything once. :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 4:43 PM | Locked

Spud, what an accomplishment, congratulations!  They all look so pretty lined up like that.  Hopefully we'll see each one of them separately as you sew the binding to it.  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 4:59 PM | Locked

Marie:

Spud, what an accomplishment, congratulations!  They all look so pretty lined up like that.  Hopefully we'll see each one of them separately as you sew the binding to it.  

You will Marie, if we get a sunny day with no wind so I can take them outside to take pictures. I can actually take the pics before they are hand sewn as they are glue basted and you really cannot tell in a pic that they are not sewn.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,592
Points 75,980
Karla replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 5:21 PM | Locked

Nan and Maggie, so sorry to hear about Montgomery and Slick.  I know they will be missed.

Spud, great job on those quilts.  I wish I would/could get some of the tops I've done quilted.  I keep waiting for my stitch regulator to arrive, but so far it doesn't even appear to be on it's way yet.  At least they haven't charged my card yet either.  I don't think they do that until the day it is shipped.  

The new (used) sewing machine I got on E-Bay is scheduled to be delivered today.  It's a Viking Sapphire.   I tried one in the store and really liked it because it has a large harp space.  I think I got a good buy on it as it is only 7 months old and only cost me $400.  Don't know if DH is happy that I will now have 5 sewing machines, but that's too bad.  At least my splurges get used all the time, not like his guns or tools or the metal detector that has never been out of the house since the day it was bought.

I finally finished the top of the interlinked pinwheel quilt and I don't know if I'll ever do that pattern again.  My eyes and brain were blurry trying to figure out what colors went where to line up the squares, octagons and pinwheels.  It's definitely not perfect as I now see that two of the pinwheels are backwards, but so be it.

Today I'm working on Sabrina's birthday block and doing laundry.  Laundry just about done.  Still have to pick up the boys for their TaeKwonDo class but still have a couple of hours before I have to do that.  Should probably start making dinner....

Everyone's  work is just beautiful.  I wish I was energetic enough to get more projects done, but once winter settles in (and it did try to snow today), I'm sure I'll have more time to quilt as the outdoor/yard projects will have to be put on hold.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,801
Points 67,540
Bonita replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 5:48 PM | Locked

Maggie, I'm sorry about losing Slick. It's been almost four years since I had to have my kitties put to sleep and I still miss them.

Spud, those are some good looking quilts. I'm sure they wiil be much loved.

Marge, the penny thing really does work. My DD has seen them at some restaurants at their back doors.

Dawn, have a safe trip.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 5:50 PM | Locked

Karla:
Spud, great job on those quilts.  I wish I would/could get some of the tops I've done quilted.  I keep waiting for my stitch regulator to arrive, but so far it doesn't even appear to be on it's way yet.  At least they haven't charged my card yet either.  I don't think they do that until the day it is shipped.

Thanks Karla...I hope your new toys get there soon, then you will have no excuse :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 5:52 PM | Locked

Bonita:
Spud, those are some good looking quilts. I'm sure they wiil be much loved.

Thanks Bonita...I sure hope so...

Page 150 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 148 149 150 151 152 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use