Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 148 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 146 147 148 149 150 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,235
Ginny replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 10:29 AM | Locked

Good luck, Dawn with your travels tomorrow with the little ones.  I know you will be glad to get back and rest. My prayers are traveling with you.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580
Melissa Halpain replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 10:42 AM | Locked

Vivian :
I have taken up swimming again this fall.

I actually got a prescription from my doctor to do aquatic therapy. I signed up to a sports club with people that close to my age or older. Not a lot of young whippersnappers. I haven't been in a swim suit in over 30 years. Can't get them now in my area so I have to go on-line and they are over $100. Too much for just a swim suit. I got some gear at Walmart that I could afford and now I am building up my nerve to actually go. It's hard for me to walk into something where I don't know anyone and all alone. Baby steps. 

Nan, I'm so sorry about your little one. We lost ours 2 years ago and I still miss her. My thoughts are with you. I'm glad she's not in pain any longer.

Nana, I sure you can get some answers soon.

Have a great day everyone.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 11:01 AM | Locked

Nan, so sorry about Montgomery.   we took our 15+ year old cat, Slick, to be euthanized this morning.  Since he and the dog got into it several months ago he has been doing pretty well but a few days ago he stopped eating, could barely walk, and one eye was stuck looking up and out.  Thought he may have had a stroke but the vet said it also could've been a blood clot to the brain.  He is in a much better place now.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 11:02 AM | Locked

nantenn:
Montgomery, my Scottie went to Rainbow Bridge at 10:45p this evening

So sorry you lost you little friend Nan! (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 11:03 AM | Locked

Dawn:
I have a 3 hour drive w/3 kids, so prayers will be appreciated! 

Absolutely Dawn, safe travels!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 11:04 AM | Locked

chocake2:

Spudgrandma:

chocake2:
Of course then I had to convince him that he couldn't wear it to scouts tonight, nor can he wear it to school in the morning...      LOL

Well, you are no fun!! :)

I'm a Mom. It's my job to be a kill joy.  I don't get to be fun until they change my name to "Grandma"  :P

And it is so much fun when you go from Mom to Grandma!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 11:07 AM | Locked

Marsha-SM:
The flies around here are driving me up the wall!!!  I am getting "deadly" with swatting with my hand.

I know what you mean, they have been just awful here for several months. I sure hope this cold weather takes care of them, they annoy you no matter what you are doing. :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 11:10 AM | Locked

Vivian :
As I "jog" in the water it pulls my bathing suit top down..  As I jog in the water, my personal flotation devices pop to the surface.  It is a constant struggle to keep everything where it is supposed to be,  belt down at the waiste (which I don't have) , boobs in the suit, good thing it was late and only the ladies were in the pool. one good part of having a little extra, I don't think I could sink if I wanted to.  I float like a cork.

Vivian, you are so funny, what a mental picture you have left me with

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 11:13 AM | Locked

Melissa Halpain:
for just a swim suit.

My best and favorite suit I got from Walmart.  Just be careful not to get something to low cut.  My best one is higher in the chest and the fabric is tighter woven with a strap to buckle across the back.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,443
Points 176,258
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 11:19 AM | Locked

Maggie, sorry about Slick, glad he's in a better place now without pain.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,235
Ginny replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 11:30 AM | Locked

Maggie, I am so sorry that you had to put down your beloved cat.  It sounds as if he did have major problems and isin a much better place now.  Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 11:36 AM | Locked

Marie and Ginny, thanks.     I think he's been ready for months but DD and DGS weren't ready to let him go.   we still have his brother who we think has alzheimers.......puts his front feet in the litter box and then does his business -- leaving surprises on the floor. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 11:49 AM | Locked

Well, I got all the quilts for my grandchildren ready to have the binding hand sewn. I had been laying them on the frame so just decided it would make a cool picture. I cannot tell you what a relief it is to see them all lined up and for the most part done...

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 11:53 AM | Locked

Marsha - Swatting flies are a big part of my exercise routine! I get to practice those tennis strokes that I learned in high school. It's best in the winter, too - I mean, where do those stinkers come from anyway? Where are they hiding? By then they've gotten fat and sassy which slows them down and I can get some really great, creative swings in.

Nan & Maggie - So sorry about your pets. They are all special and each loss affects us differently.

CC -  Testosterone injections??? Really? I wouldn't think any male over the age of...well...birth! would need that. Try foam and batting instead - you'll be happier...

Vivian - Everyone probably thinks that Fall is the right time to begin swimming...except me so, I'm hoping that you either live somewhere really, really warm or you're doing this at an indoor facility. LOL! Love your description of activities as I'm sure that would be a similar picture were I to engage, too. I've always loved swimming but, not so much any more when anyone and everyone could view the spectacle. Good for you!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 12:04 PM | Locked

Maggie, 

sorry about your kitty, maybe they met each other at Rainbow Bridge.

Nan

Page 148 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 146 147 148 149 150 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use