Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 147 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 145 146 147 148 149 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 10:49 PM | Locked

I had the injection into my elbow today.  They are hoping it helps with the numbness in my arm and hand.  I have a feeling it was a waste of time but what is one to do....LOL>   Go back to see the neurosurgeon in three weeks.   I am beginning to get really tired of the let's try this and let's see if this works.   I feel like a pin cushion...LOL>

Marge I am glad your Drs appt went well.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 11:13 PM | Locked

Nana - I so empathize with you - I am so sorry that you have to go through this - I had finally decided last year - NO more - I am done!  They totally understood that I just couldn't do it anymore that it was totally depressing me and I didn't like that... I hope that they get some answers for you soon... I wish you could see my last neurosurgeon - he was awesome - went over everything with me and knew exactly what was going on when so many others had no idea - but that is only one part of my problems and that one would heal - but who knew you could rip a neck muscle and have it cause so much trouble. 

I can tell you that one doctor did give me good advice about the tingling and numbness in my hands and that had to do with the elbow - about the nerves in there and how I was to wrap the arm and keep it straight while I slept - I had to do this for about 3 nights when the numbness starts and then it makes it better - he went through the whole explanation as to why it was happening and it made sense - I don't remember anymore as it was about 8 years ago - I just remember that when my hand starts doing that - I wrap it up in a towel when I go to bed... it is uncomfortable as I sleep with my arms under my head... but it does help...

I so hope you get answers soon!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 11:32 PM | Locked

Montgomery, my Scottie went to Rainbow Bridge at 10:45p this evening.  Just quietly went to sleep. He had eaten can of cat food and drank about 2 cups of water today. But I think he did that more for me th. an anything.

nan

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 5:27 AM | Locked

Nan, very sorry for the loss of your pet

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,680
Points 65,825
Bonita replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 6:12 AM | Locked

I'm sorry that you've not recieved any relief yet Nana. Everything seems to be by trial and error. Keep your chin up.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,680
Points 65,825
Bonita replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 6:13 AM | Locked

Nan, I'm sorry for the loss of Montgomery.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 6:19 AM | Locked

Thea

Thanks for the thoughts.  I do have an excellent neurosurgeon.  He is just trying to make sure he covers all the bases so that he makes the best decision for treatment.  I just get disgusted after awhile...LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 6:20 AM | Locked

Nan

I am so sorry that you lost Montgomery.  I know how hard that is.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 8:16 AM | Locked

I"m sorry to hear that Montgomery didn't make it, Nan.  Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,119
Points 14,425
Dawn replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 9:33 AM | Locked

Well, tomorrow we head to the funeral for DS's FIL.  I am sure the kids will be glad to see their parents again.  DS will head home w/DGK's and I will head home w/DD.  I have a 3 hour drive w/3 kids, so prayers will be appreciated!  LOL!  The neighbor will be helping me today, by taking all 3 for a couple of hours so I can get the house picked up and get myself packed.  Then baths/showers and bedtime.  Will set out around 9.  Everyone have a very wonderful day!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 9:55 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

chocake2:
Of course then I had to convince him that he couldn't wear it to scouts tonight, nor can he wear it to school in the morning...      LOL

Well, you are no fun!! :)

I'm a Mom. It's my job to be a kill joy.  I don't get to be fun until they change my name to "Grandma"  :P

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 9:56 AM | Locked

Marge, good to hear your appointment went well and that the Dr. is keeping a close eye on the problem.

Nan, sorry about Montgomery, I know how much you'll miss him.  

Nana, hang in there, they'll get to the bottom of it eventually.  

Dawn, prayers for your DS's FiL's family.

(((((HUGS))))) to all.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 10:03 AM | Locked

Nana, you are still in my prayers. I hope you find relief soon.

Nan, my sympathy goes out to you. I'm sure Montgomery was special. I'm glad he's not suffering.

Dawn, safe travels with the kiddos. My sympathy to your DS and family. What a blessing to have you there to help in their time of need.

Today...I have to try to figure out how to turn me weedy, skinny little boy into a hulking muscle-bound viking. This is one mommy miricle that I fear is far beyond my sewing skills, but I will try.  Hmmm...maybe testosterone injections into his breast plate and shield will help? What do you think? Raw beef for supper?

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,327
Points 27,985
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 10:11 AM | Locked

Thea:
every little thing is stressing me out so don't need any flies - although stress does get released with each one that gets swatted....

The flies around here are driving me up the wall!!!  I am getting "deadly" with swatting with my hand.  Somehow my reflexes and aim seem to still be here even though the rest of the body no longer works.  I read once that if you sneek up from the back, they can't see you.  I sometimes I swat too hard (on myself) and it hurts, expecially when I miss the fly!!!  It is a good stress reliever when I get the little pests!  They are still "sleeping" today so far - it is cold and wet outside.  As soon as the sun warms them up, they will sneek in - around here they don't need a door - this old farmhouse has plenty of cracks. I can't use fly spray in the house because it aggrivates my allergies. 

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 10:14 AM | Locked

I don't care what the wether man says, we are getting earlier than normal snowfall.  My husband wasn't able to finish the shed, where the cats will be spending the winter so they are still in the greenhouse as they are not allowed in the new shop.  They are somewhat messy, what with the feathers and squirrel tails they leave laying around.  Not to mention they shed like cheap rugs and they mark everywhere so it smells as well.  Nope, he came up with a plan that works for both of us.  They get a separate corner of the shed, we get no mice or squirrells, he gets a clean, scent free shop.

I have taken up swimming again this fall.  I really need to lose some of the vacation pounds I gained last winter.  Who knew that having fun could be fattening.!!!  On top of the extra I was already carrying, I can't fit into half of my clothes.  I am truely enjoying the water, though.  I wore one bathing suit that will never see water again.  When we do deep water aquasize we wear a foam belt that is attached to the foating lane markers, it is awsome for resistance workouts.  As I "jog" in the water it pulls my bathing suit top down..  As I jog in the water, my personal flotation devices pop to the surface.  It is a constant struggle to keep everything where it is supposed to be,  belt down at the waiste (which I don't have) , boobs in the suit, good thing it was late and only the ladies were in the pool. one good part of having a little extra, I don't think I could sink if I wanted to.  I float like a cork.

I have a get togeather with my quilting group today.  If I get the backing sewn for my flannel quilt, I can get a hand spraying it.  I am going to quilt it on my DSM as it is just a stitch in the ditch.  Simple if I can get it started.

Good to hear that Sukochi did well and I am sorry that you lost your pet, Nan.  I still remember my shepard with a great deal of affection and hes been gone for a couple of years now.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 147 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 145 146 147 148 149 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use