Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 146 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 144 145 146 147 148 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 3:18 PM | Locked

thank you so much for the news Nan- have been praying for her all day so now I can relax a little.  Tell Jim we are all thinking of her and miss her!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 3:28 PM | Locked

Nan ---- thank you so much for sharing the news about Sukochi. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,354
Points 174,688
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 3:30 PM | Locked

Nan, thanks for the update, great news!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 3:37 PM | Locked

I was in and out of the heart doctor so quick this morning!  I weighed 11 pounds less on their scale than I did six months ago.  I was talking to the nurse about what I am doing.  she was looking at the records and asked me "Did you really weigh 435 lbs when you first started coming here?"  I about fell off the table!  NO WAY - Must be some other Marge!  We had a good laugh over it. 

As long as I was right there, I walked over to my primary care place and got a flu shot. 

Then I dropped the tractor radiator off at the shop.  David doesn't know how he did it but he must have hit something when he was out mowing the shoved the front grill in and the back of the headlight assembly poked a hole in the radiator.  The radiator shop was just a hop skip and jump from where they are doing early voting so I went ahead and did that before I got mad at both candidate for the dirty politics and didn't want to vote for either one!  I hate negative ads.  Then it was on to the post office to get Christmas stamps, the Dollar Store to get more little things for my Operation Christmas Child box, and the grocery store for some milk and eggs which I forgot to buy yesterday.  :o( 

Other than that I have just been puttering around and not really accomplishing anything.  I guess you need a day like that once in a while.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 3:41 PM | Locked

Whew, Marge what a full day. Glad you DR appt went well.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 3:45 PM | Locked

Thanks for the post on Sukochi, Nan. We're all praying for a fast pain-free recovery.

Marge, I only wish I could accomplish as much as you do on a "slow lazy day" like today! Dang! Where do you get all that get up and go?

I finished Jr's costume today. Now I just have to make his props and make Ds1's costume. I asked Bossman and Dh to help with the props. I may regret that. Knowing those 2, Jr may well end up with a seriously over-engineered addition to his costume. LOL If I do it, he's getting a painted cardboard box.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 3:47 PM | Locked

He is just monitoring a "leaky valve".  He thinks I may have had it my whole life.  We just don't want it to get any worse.  He is one of those doctors you have to listen too real careful as he has a heavy accent.  I remember when Dave was in the hospital with GBS, he told me to let him know if I had any problems at all with the hospital because he was the chief of surgery there.  He told me that he would straigthen them out for me.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 5:17 PM | Locked

Thnaks Nan ,that is wonderful news .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 5:18 PM | Locked

Nan, thanks for the update on Sukochi

Marge, glad your Dr app, went well

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 5:21 PM | Locked

Marge ,glad to hear your DR, apt  was good

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 5:58 PM | Locked

Whew! What a relief! I made Jr's costume based on a historical picture, not on the more common modern version. I really didn't know what he was going for, and he's not really articulate enough to tell me, so I gave it my best guess and hoped. He came home from school, saw it on the table and shouted "YES!! It's PERFECT!"   ...Of course then I had to convince him that he couldn't wear it to scouts tonight, nor can he wear it to school in the morning...      LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 6:25 PM | Locked

Good News all around!   

Marge, you rock!  

Nan, thanks for the update! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,334
Points 241,792
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 7:07 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
I was in and out of the heart doctor so quick this morning!  I weighed 11 pounds less on their scale than I did six months ago.  I was talking to the nurse about what I am doing.  she was looking at the records and asked me "Did you really weigh 435 lbs when you first started coming here?"  I about fell off the table!  NO WAY - Must be some other Marge!  We had a good laugh over it. 
Oh my Marge - can you imagine - I am glad though that all is okay!  I was worried sick about you and Sukochi today and you both are doing fine now - that is awesome.  

Yes - flu shots - my time to stay in till they are over giving them - no church for about 3 weeks now and advised to stay at home... I so wish that I didn't have this stupid compromised immune system but that is what the biologic drugs did for me... it is okay - I am motivated to sew right now so don't need to go anywhere...

Went to Lowes this evening with DH - no choice there - needed fly stuff - I can not believe the amount of flies we have had this year - everyone has an opinion of why - mild winter - new trash cans from the city that don't lock tight lids so flies get in and residents don't clean them out or spray them... Jay was getting stuff to winterize the hot tub and I was getting fly stuff... If I see one more fly in my house I might just scream - come on cold weather... I did buy a fly zapper and having Jay put it up right outside the back door - I imagine I'll have to get a replacement bulb within a week as it says a million flies or bugs and it will need to be replaced - well since each day since mid summer I have killed at least a hundred - I can imagine how many will be zapped - but maybe it will take care of them...I can only hope - every little thing is stressing me out so don't need any flies - although stress does get released with each one that gets swatted....

It was 88 here in Enid today!!! whoo hooo!!! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 10:40 PM | Locked

Nan

Thanks for the update on Sukochi.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 10:45 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Of course then I had to convince him that he couldn't wear it to scouts tonight, nor can he wear it to school in the morning...      LOL

Well, you are no fun!! :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 146 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 144 145 146 147 148 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use