Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 145 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 143 144 145 146 147 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 9:22 AM | Locked

Wow Marge.   That was awesome.   I would have been tied up in all the strings...LOL>

Hope yor drs appt goes well and that you get all good news.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 9:30 AM | Locked

Patti:

So, we did skip autumn.  There is about 3/4 inch of white stuff on the ground.  How could it have been in the 70s last week and snow now?  Looks like it will melt though.  Have to slide into work. 

I think so Patti. I was going to go up to my daughters, abt 2 1/2 hrs away, but talked to her this morning and it is snowing there so I will stay home. I was really looking forward to seeing them but maybe next week.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 10:01 AM | Locked

*sigh* Snow here too...altho I have no idea exactly how much, as it's all drifted up. The drift next to hubby's car was up to the window. The forecast called for between 4-8" so we'll go with that.  But the sky is clear and blue this morning, so maybe the storm has pasted!

Sprout spent the night kicking off his covers and getting cold. Guess i'll have to modify the little wiggler's sleeping arrangements now that winter has arrived.

I finished Sprout's spookday costume yesterday and today I'll start on Jr's. Maybe I'll even get started on Ds1's  ...we'll see.

Marge, why is your DGD making a mole for chemistry class?

The kids are studying bats in scouts this month. Tonight they have a special presenter to talk about the wee creeters. They're excited.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 10:08 AM | Locked

Marge, good luck on your six month check-up, I'll be T&P all goes well for you.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 10:22 AM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):

This is a really neat video!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=nr9KrqN_lIg

WOW!  I also thought it was by remote control.  What a talent he is, I loved the ending when he landed the last kite.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,801
Points 248,304
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 10:22 AM | Locked

CC, you and Gini ,can keep all the white stuff your way ,  now I don't mind rain , Here it is muggy and warm ,had to turn the ac on because it is so muggy,I couldn't sleep last night . WE are suppose to get a cold front on Thursday so guess you guys are sending us the cold .LOL  But I'm not complaining about that.   My boy use to kick all his blankets off to when he was a baby, I finally put him in those flannel sleeper with feet and quit worrying about it .  so good luck .. Are you gonna show us some pictures of the costumes you are making for the little ones ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,669
Points 248,487
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 10:22 AM | Locked

Oh CC - not snow!  I still have windows open - it is a warm day still here in OK although we are supposed to have some chilly Canadien weather coming in to bother us the end of the week.  For now it is nice - although slightly too warm in the evenings... I am so so sorry you have snow already but then you must love it as that is the part of the country that you live in.  I will be in your boat in a few years since we are moving north...teehee... DH said he would never move north - guess that goes with the saying never say never...teehee...

I was up early again today - went to bed late and up early - not a good sign for getting better but that is what has to be for now... I am working on Rita's quilt - started putting it together today - got the main body done and the first border on the sides - it is over on the sewing machine waiting for me to get the first border on top and bottom... I searched through my stash last night cuz I hadn't been sure how I was going to pull it all together and found 2 fabrics to use - one to put the 3 parts of the quilt together and use as a 1st border - then a 2nd to use as the 2nd border - I am still going to try and use the stain glass fabric for the final border - We shall see though when I get the 2nd border on... Got frustrated as my bobbin ran out on the 2nd side and I didn't realize it and had lifted the quilt up to press and the border piece fell off... argh!  I wish this machine warned me like my Pfaff does - although last time I used my Pfaff it didn't warn me either - something I need to ask Robb about...

Late last night I was up steam cleaning my back living room carpet... I love my dogs but Sissy is getting very old and forgets to ask to go out and lately has found that right in front of DH's chair is a good place to let all that water out that she goes to drink.... So there I was wondering what that noise was - argh!  So up I go to get her out but too late - so steam cleaning at 1 a.m.  so now I have to do the rest of the carpet today as that one area looks really clean - I guess she was telling me something... more work - thanks Sissy...lol

Watched the debate last night and didn't see a real clear winner - wondering and worrying for my Grandchildren the way this country is going... hoping - Americans always have hope.  Having done my 21 years in the AF and lived all over the world - I know how important it is for America to stay strong... and we will I do think that... 

Now to get myself up and dressed... sewing in my nightgown again - I am surprised the doorbell hasn't rang like it seems to have all week - not going to get caught in my nightgown again - 

So warm quilty hugz to all... many good thoughts and prayers to all who need it - warm winds towards CC and Prayers that Sukochi's surgery is going well and that Marge has a good check-up... 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 10:25 AM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
Wow! Marge Thanks for sharing that!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 1:07 PM | Locked

Just got call from Jim, Sukochi's husband.........her surgery went well an she did well. Still in recovery.

but I wanted to let everyone know.

love,

Nan

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 1:09 PM | Locked

That is such good news nantenn! Praise God!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,890
Points 69,145
Bonita replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 1:15 PM | Locked

That's good news, thanks Nan.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,381
Points 29,060
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 2:09 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Sprout spent the night kicking off his covers and getting cold. Guess i'll have to modify the little wiggler's sleeping arrangements now that winter has arrived.

CC, you need to make what I did for my little wigglers.  I made a sleeping bag with sleeves and a zipper up the frount out of an old blanket.  It was tapered wider on the bottom so they could kick all they wanted to and still stayed covered.  This seemed a lot warmer for them than the footed sleepers we could buy then.  They could wear footed pjs under with lots of room.  If they needed blankets, they seemed to stay in place better over the bag.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,381
Points 29,060
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 2:33 PM | Locked

Thea:

Now to get myself up and dressed... sewing in my nightgown again - I am surprised the doorbell hasn't rang like it seems to have all week - not going to get caught in my nightgown again - 

I get caught in my pjs quite often, as I often set down to sew before I get dressed.  My machine is in in the kitchen in front of the full-glass door to the deck.  That is the door the Amish come to so I have no time to escape when they knock.  You would think I would learn!  My pjs are black so hopefully disguise this misshapen body a little.

Thea:
I didn't realize it and had lifted the quilt up to press and the border piece fell off... argh!  I wish this machine warned me like my Pfaff does

Happens to me all the time - twice yesterday when I was quilting in a 2" grid on one of the small quilts.  My machine is supposed to tell me also, but doesn't.  Sometimes the top thread breaks after wearing out.  Then I see that I have sewn over 3 feet or more without bobbin!  I have done dozens of HST that way and found a pile of squares on the floor.  Then I have to match them all up again and start again!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,381
Points 29,060
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 2:43 PM | Locked

nantenn:

Just got call from Jim, Sukochi's husband.........her surgery went well an she did well. Still in recovery.

but I wanted to let everyone know.

love,

Nan 

Nan, Thanks for letting us know how Sukochi's surgery went.  She should feel so much better after she heals.  Now if they could only help her hives...............My mother suffered from hives so bad that she spent a lot of time soaking in the bathtub in either oatmeal or baking soda.  They finally found that she had so many food allergies that it was easier to list what she could eat than what she couldn't.  That was before antihistamines were available to help.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,630
Points 52,280
Ginny replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 3:05 PM | Locked

Great news about Sukochi, Nantenn.  Thanks for letting us know.   Ginny

Page 145 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 143 144 145 146 147 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use